10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 155,811 times)

PVC

PVC

Hi. I ve seen Prey yesterday evening. Not bad. Not good   Some people said ; best predator movie since the original 1987   Come on. Seriously. Predator 2 , you remember? It s why I don't like to read any critics. And rotten tomatoes.... (Who invented this stupid expression....) useless. And now that I've seen the movie I can tell it's not great. And I'm a Huge fan
The director made the same mistake that the one before   And many more   Like the music. A little bite of Silvestry predator theme would have been great and respectful. Just a little bite  The actress is not incredible like I read in some news papers. The dog is very good. And what about the cgi on the bear..... but one the the mistake is the title of the movie. Why they didn't call it Naru  or Naru whit her dog  or Naru in the forest or Naru and the Comanche ...? Where is the predator in this movie ? How many seconds ( not minutes ) we can see his face ? It is a predator movie or not ? What's the name of the movie ? How many seconds you see the face without this stupid mask  2... 3..... 4.... No more   Come on Mr trachenberg it's a predator movie. What do you expect to see in a predator movie ???? A predator. And the biggest mistake of the movie. The same Shane black made in the crappy movie he tried to make few years ago.  The final fight. In the night. In the dark  almost pitch black some time   Almost impossible to see fast  ( too fast ) fight.  Why ?  Why to make the same mistakes again and again. It was super dark. It ruined everything   I suppose we will have to wait few more years to really see a predator in a movie( I hope so )  cause I don't really think this one will really save the franchise    Of course it was better that the terrible, horrible, ugly shitty stuff Shane black " made" last time but not great. So mr tratchenberg if you read that , remember, in a predator movie , we would like to see a predator.... And please, if it's possible, in the day light... to be sure to see something. Thank you
Regards to all the real fans   

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

The Silvestri score is in the film in a few spots. When the title card hits and the end credits too, it's very subtle. Think I heard it during the final battle. It's easier to hear now that I've noticed it after a few listens and viewings.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Rudiger on Aug 05, 2022, 05:16:08 PMAnd a lead performance so wooden it's no wonder the Predator couldn't spot her among all the trees.

I have seen the movie a few hours ago and i am just going through the pages to catch up before posting my opinion, i think the movie is fine and the usual opposite extremes "This movie is amazing/terrible the best/worst thing ever" are hyperbolic and as usual (and as i suspected right from the start) the truth lies more in the middle.

But i just had to stop and make this long meandering comment just to say that this quote, which i disagree with by the way, was very funny, it made me laugh.

Pavel2312

Pavel2312

The skull biomask
Could it be a skull of another predator?
looks very similar

SisterJill

SisterJill

I saw it twice already (English and Commanche) and I can barely believe how good this was. This is sure the year for "I didn't know modern movies could feel like this anymore".

funk_master_chunk

funk_master_chunk

Very, very good entry to the series. Second best after P1 for my money.

There's so much to like here that the (very minor) gripes I had/have with it are basically non-existant anyway.

The main gripe I have is the face. Now I actually think it's more in-line with the original concept sketches by SW studio. And I don't actually have an issue with the face per se - more with the division it'll cause because it's super Marmite. I can see an awful lot of "not my Pred" type shit coming from it and that's what my issue is. But you only have to look at how wonderful and varied us humans are for this to be a complete non-issue. It just won't be the case for some, though, sadly.

The other gripe was the callbacks to the original. I don't think it needed them at all. It didn't detract too much from the experience. But I was cringing a little bit at the "if it bleeds" line.

Other than that - what a f**king romp!

The hero's journey played out so, so well in it, I thought; as she transforms from a bumbling, not-as-good-as-she-thinks-she-is wannabe to full on Comanche warrior. As ever in the Pred universe - brains over brawn!

The gore was, and I'm not sure this is the right word, but "tasteful"? Like there was enough to sate the more gore-hungry, but the way it was handled was very good. Enough on-screen but then some out of shot or partially obscured by the fore/backgrounds being out of focus. I thought it was well done.

The cinematography has been touched on by so many - but it's a very beautiful film.

His arsenal was amazing too. Club. Spike. Combi Stick. Spear Gun. Net. Tomohawk. Drone bomb thingies. Wrist blades. The Right hook of doom. Feral was so apt a name.

If P1 is a 10/10 - this is a solid 9/10 for me.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I liked it. Third best for me. I have some gripes against it though. I was surprised at how much CGI low quality bothered me, except for a few times where it looked good.

I liked Feral, but actually I agree with SiL, for me he didn't feel much like a predator at times. You could replace him with another creature and it would mostly work. But I loved the way he kills, the movie delivers in this area.

Spoiler
Too muche CGI use with Feral. I don't know how to explain it, but sometimes he feels not real at all.
[close]

Spoiler
A bit too much of physical direct confrontation at the end, nothing to do with Naru being a woman, I think by now you know me, I have the same problem with Danny Glover in P2.
[close]

Spoiler
I absolutely loved Feral's weapons, buuut it sometimes felt way too advanced compared to what we see in the future, a bit of a continuity problem here. Same thing with the heat vision.
[close]

Spoiler
I loved how he works his way up in the food chain, I thought it works really well.
[close]

Spoiler
I thought Naru's character worked well, she's believable and the relationship with Taabe is, although not that developed, a good thing in this film. Other natives are clearly cannon fodder though.
[close]

maknae

maknae

Btw that spear gun is kinda dumb weapon. If i shoot arrow and spin laser all over the place after that, will the arrow fly for that laser dots all around in searching of dots? How arrows find this dots anyway. I think they just didnt know what to do with three dots laser which is pred trademark, but without plasma cannon, and they come up with this stupid working spear gun. Better there was a plasma caster which was destroyed in a bear fight, then this stupid speargun that kills stupid predator.

Also some of u saying that hunting few rabbits and stabing trees with an axe is enough to kill 4+ french guys in skorpion style, and jumping on predator's shoulders twice while he is KOed a bear with one punch. And this is not mary sue? =) Sarah Connor and Ripley needs a whole movie and a bit of luck to become strong female character. Naru is only needs to practice on trees that not hit back)))

SiL

SiL

Nobody said killing 4 rabbits was enough for that.

The entire rest of the film and its buildup was.

She lost against other fighters in her tribe but won against some hired thugs. She's clearly skilled and practices AB's learns. That's not being a Mary Sue.

There are plenty of things to hold against the film, this is just dumb.

And scorpion style? What are you even on about?

maknae

maknae

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 09:51:44 AMNobody said killing 4 rabbits was enough for that.

The entire rest of the film and its buildup was.

She lost against other fighters in her tribe but won against some hired thugs. She's clearly skilled and practices AB's learns. That's not being a Mary Sue.

There are plenty of things to hold against the film, this is just dumb.
I didnt catch this build up. Lets see again.

3:40 - failed deer chase
23:20 - failed leopard hunt (just falling from tree, doing nothing, zero expirience)
33:20 - training on trees  :laugh:
33:40 - killing poor rabbits  >:(  >:(
38:40 - stepping into the mud
42:10 - failed bear chase
47:00 - getting her ass kicked by tribe guy and captured by them.
50:00 - hiding and watching tribe guys killed by pred, doing nothing.
52:00 - running away from pred, leaving a young boy die.
54:40 - getting captured again, now by french men.
59:30 - roped at tree as a bait, chat with bro, doing nothing, watching how pred kills french guys.
01:06:10 - cut ropes, she is smarter then beaver  :o
01:07:30 - walks away.

-=break point=-

01:08:13 - kills about 4-5 french guys in skorpion (john wick) style.

Sooooooooo.... where is this development of Naru through the movie??? She did nothing but just sitting captured all the time or running away, falling from the trees, chasing rabbits.
How is she become ultimate 5 men killer at this scene?
And at the end of the movie where she kicks predator's ass. Exactly KIKCS his ass, jumping on him 2 times, sliding between his legs and balls, kicking his ass all over the place.
Man, Sarah Connor afraid of terminator, and win by luck.
Ripley shit her beauty white pants when she was all alone with alien and kicked him in space by the luck again.
Our Mary Sue doesnt afraid of pred, kicking his ass like he is her b***ch  :laugh:

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 09:51:44 AMAnd scorpion style? What are you even on about?

BTW that last predator's falling in mud was like:

SiL

SiL

We see in the fight against her tribes people she's a good fighter - but so are they.

The trappers are not fighters so she had the upper hand.

The training shows her getting faster with throwing and withdrawing the weapon, and we see her aim getting better throughout the early parts of the movie.

You keep ignoring all of this because you desperately want to try to prove a point.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I'm with SiL - I think you're chatting bull.

But to each their own.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Well, I respect your opinion, but I think masterpiece is too strong here. And I liked the movie too, but you know, it's too early to use those words IMHO.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I do think the way she disposed of the trappers and fought Feral felt a bit too easy for me. Not to the extent of the John Wick/Scorpion comments though. Naru is a skilled fighter, the movie makes this point quite clear.

maknae

maknae

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 10:39:48 AMThe trappers are not fighters so she had the upper hand.
Ok, i see you. Trappers are not fighters, predator is not predator.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed