[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,010 times)

Still Collating...

It's weird cause I do miss the classic design for its aesthetic beauty, but at the same time, cause the movie was that good, I - like others, didn't care. Also it was so ugly it was almost cool? After the first two original designs, this is my second in ranking, cause I didn't like the AVP designs, and it's a tad better for its grotesqueness than the Predators design that I do like to some extent.

And I always like references to the original concept art pieces.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Feral and every other major Predator face
Spoiler
[close]

Another reason why I'm mostly fine with Feral being a thing is that he isn't meant to be like the original or be a stronger version of them, he isn't a redesign like Scar and Fugitive or a one up like Mr Black and Assassin, he is his own thing which is essentially
Spoiler
confirmed to be weaker than Elder/Greyback
[close]

Stitch

I didn't dislike it, and I thought it worked well for the design overall, but it is definitely a big change to the standard predator visage. The super predator faces looked out of proportion, whereas this didn't, but it isn't something you'd automatically think of as a predator.

PAS Spinelli

Gives major Halo Elite vibes

BlueMarsalis79

One genuinely ugly motherf**ker, Naru did everyone a massive favour caving that head in, Predator neanderthal.

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly... I dug the face. Never really had a problem with various individuals looking pretty radically different from one another, and this almost feels to me like a better executed version of the sort of design philosophy they were going for with Berserker's face. It really wouldn't be hard for me to headcanon that this guy and Berserker's clan come from the same part of the Predator homeworld, even.

But mostly, I just thought the Predator had a pretty gnarly personality, and a face to match. It worked for me.

The Shuriken

Lord almighty VodooMagic, wherever he is, must be having a stroke with these new images.

Honestly now when I look at Feral, he makes me think of what a Neanderthal Predator would look like.

BlueMarsalis79

VM's FW

SiL

For once I'd agree with him.

judge death

Miss him, he was a great member here.

Yeah, to me this predator/yautja is a different breed or a neadertal version of the normal predator, the berserker is also a different breed in my eyes.

The Shuriken

Dan Trachtenberg should have reached out to me. I could have helped with the design. :P

BlueMarsalis79

I think it was Dan's idea, God love him but, it's the best executed since the first two aside from perhaps Berserker but a design so utterly abysmal it makes me want for Scar and Wolf and Fugitive.

SiL

I think if your design is radical enough you could pass it off as a ripoff you've gone too far, and I think this hits the mark.

skhellter

skhellter

quite liked the design.
Felt credible as belonging to a different race of Predator. ..and till very much recognizable as.. a Predator.

Just a guy from another continent.
And a very ugly motherf**ker, indeed..

this absurd obsession with wanting every single predator to just look like the same dude.... every time...
Bizarre. This is what got us the absolutely boring "CLASSIC" in Predators... because the fans wanted to clap like seals to something they recognized.

oh and...
Best Predator work by ADI. Easily.

BlueMarsalis79

Classic sucks, dude can't even close his mouth, nevermind the repeated design, but I will take anything over the goldfish head we got here.

Even if the execution's near perfect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed