[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,090 times)

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Spoiler
the face has it's own unique spin to it that makes it stand out from Mr Black, I wouldn't say this is a new subspecies entirely, more like a member of Black's breed of Yautja, and with more forgiving proportions too.

[close]

Master

Spoilers guys!

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

It's from a TV spot and the picture is right there in this thread too

still spoiler tagged tho

Master

Appreciated. There is thread for spoilers, let's make other clear.

Lionhart

Quote from: Manti on Jul 26, 2022, 03:35:02 AMYeah, im also not a fan of Ferals face design. Doesnt ruin the movie for me, but i dont get why they always feel the need to create a new Predator sub-species every since Predators. Now we got Classic Preds, Super Preds, Upgrade Pred, Feral Pred.

I agree.

Might as well get duckpred, chickenpred and catpred while they still on it

Mike’s Monsters

I'd say this is the least "Crabator" Predator design from what I've seen people who use that phrase complain about. Still think the descriptor of "crabator" can be applied to all predators, even Jungle and City Hunter since Predator designs are all inherently crustacean to me.

ace3g

QuoteI loved the design of the new Predator as it was so barbarous and fierce. Prey director Dan Trachtenberg recently talked about what went into bringing this alien hunter to life with practical effects. He told CB:

"It was a couple of people driving (the mechanisms in the mask). There are two versions of the face, There was a stunt version that didn't have any motion, that was a little bit, just a hair safer for Dane (DiLiegro, The Predator) to function. And there was another version that was just heavier on Dane because it had all the animatronics in it. And one of the things we added in this movie that strangely wasn't, I don't think was in the other Ptedator films, was goop. We brought in some alien goop, the stuff that we've seen the Alien movies. So the mandibles and the face and all that stuff just felt that much more violent and gross."

That was definitely an effective element that took the menacing look of the character to a frightful new level. The Predator is played by Dane DiLiegro, who talked about the costume:

"It's interesting, you know, you're not just a guy in a monkey suit. (They) did a tremendous job building this suit, but you slide in and you're not human anymore, you're invincible and you're this trophy hunter from another planet and you kind of transform into that and it's all the history and, Kevin Peter Hall (late actor from first two Predator movies) and following in his footsteps was an incredible experience for me. Like I said before, still sinking in, I still can't believe it."

SiL

The original Predators drooled plenty, it just wasn't over the top.

BigDaddyJohn

Yup you can clearly see it when Jungle Hunter is coming to finish Dutch before the log fall on his head. I think it disappeared after the first movie but I'm not 100% sure.

SiL

It's in the first two, Anderson removed it on AvP.

Hanesman

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 26, 2022, 03:48:54 PM
Spoiler
the face has it's own unique spin to it that makes it stand out from Mr Black, I wouldn't say this is a new subspecies entirely, more like a member of Black's breed of Yautja, and with more forgiving proportions too.

[close]

It's from a different race from a different hemisphere of Yautja Prime. Dan Trachtenberg confirmed this. So it's a new subspecies essentially. Not remotely a Super Pred like Berserker.

BlueMarsalis79

So... just like the Berserkers then? Because they are a subspecies essentially, the "Super Predator" stuff, never actually made it into the final product.

Hanesman

Hanesman

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 29, 2022, 05:29:15 PMSo... just like the Berserkers then? Because they are a subspecies essentially, the "Super Predator" stuff, never actually made it into the final product.

I just meant he's not a Predator like Berserker. But with the look of Feral, I'd definitely say he's of a new subspecies entirely.

They're referred to as Super Predators though? Far heavier, bigger and more powerful than the typical Predators we know. What part of that title didn't make it into Predators?

BlueMarsalis79

The super part did not make it into the film, at all, just this "the bigger ones hunt the smaller ones some sort of blood feud" from the oh so reliable narrator survivor Nolan.

Sure they are taller but it takes three to do what one does in the prior two films, beating an emaciated prisoner and taking as long as it even does with the Berserker leader versus a Jungle Hunter, does not do their image any favours in that respect either.

PredatorvsAliens

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 29, 2022, 09:22:32 PMThe super part did not make it into the film, at all, just this "the bigger ones hunt the smaller ones some sort of blood feud" from the oh so reliable narrator survivor Nolan.

Sure they are taller but it takes three to do what one does in the prior two films, beating an emaciated prisoner and taking as long as it even does with the Berserker leader versus a Jungle Hunter, does not do their image any favours in that respect either.
Noland : [to his imaginary friend]  You see the shit you've gotten us into, man? I told you that. You never listen to me, though. Six more. Six more f**king mouths to feed. I can barely stand living with you.

Noland : [shouting]  How am I gonna live with them, too?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed