10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 155,751 times)

Rankles75

Rankles75

It's been a long time since school, but I should be able to understand them as long as they're talking about a black cat or shutting a door...

kwisatz

kwisatz

But won't they rather eat and make love with their faces than fight?   

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Saw the movie at a press screening in Burbank tonight was honestly disappointed with it in many respects. There's some things I like about it, a couple of great action sequences, but that's the extent of my enjoyment. Certainly better than the 2018 film but not the slam dunk I was hoping for.

SiL

SiL

Can you give an overview of what disappointed you?

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

I thought the script was weak, the characters outside of Naru were pretty flat, and the film overall felt unmemorable. There's a good chance my expectations might have been too high going into this because of the buzz over the weekend, but I don't know. There's more I want to say but can't without going into spoilers.

SiL

SiL

There are spoiler tags.

Also, weirdly, everything you said still puts this at "the best since the original" territory. It's a low bar to clear.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 25, 2022, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 25, 2022, 09:04:22 PMActually I have one unconsequential question that will probably amuse only me, but does the french trappers say anything in french ? Like french slur or some like that ?

They speak entirely in French. No subtitles either.

I think I creamed my pants.

Edit : I just saw that at least two actors playing the trappers are from the Quebec region of Canada... So they won't have the french accent from France unless they learned it and played it that way.

Quote from: kwisatz on Jul 25, 2022, 11:06:57 PMBut won't they rather eat and make love with their faces than fight?   

We do all that at the same time don't worry.

immortalundead

immortalundead

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 26, 2022, 01:12:56 PMI think I creamed my pants.

Edit : I just saw that at least two actors playing the trappers are from the Quebec region of Canada... So they won't have the french accent from France unless they learned it and played it that way.

Ive been told from a friend from France, that we Quebecers have an accent similar to the more rural areas of France, which more closely resembles older french of the time.

Kradan

Kradan

Duuuh

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jul 26, 2022, 08:48:57 AMSaw the movie at a press screening in Burbank tonight was honestly disappointed with it in many respects. There's some things I like about it, a couple of great action sequences, but that's the extent of my enjoyment. Certainly better than the 2018 film but not the slam dunk I was hoping for.
How would you rank it? Did you find it disappointing but good or disappointing and bad?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: immortalundead on Jul 26, 2022, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 26, 2022, 01:12:56 PMI think I creamed my pants.

Ive been told from a friend from France, that we Quebecers have an accent similar to the more rural areas of France, which more closely resembles older french of the time.

Well... It's complicated  ;D

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 26, 2022, 04:40:05 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jul 26, 2022, 08:48:57 AMSaw the movie at a press screening in Burbank tonight was honestly disappointed with it in many respects. There's some things I like about it, a couple of great action sequences, but that's the extent of my enjoyment. Certainly better than the 2018 film but not the slam dunk I was hoping for.
How would you rank it? Did you find it disappointing but good or disappointing and bad?
I found it to be disappointing and meh, not a bad movie just forgettable sort of like Predators. My ranking for Predator movies right now is:
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Prey
The Predator

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Jul 26, 2022, 08:45:09 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 26, 2022, 04:40:05 PM
I found it to be disappointing and meh, not a bad movie just forgettable sort of like Predators. My ranking for Predator movies right now is:
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Prey
The Predator

You don't want to elaborate with some spoiler tags as to why?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just got back from the premiere and been chewing this over on the journey home. I actually ended up sat next to Dan. I just looked across and was like "is that Dan?!" And it was. Chatted to him a little after the film was done. Really looking forward to having him on the poddy.

But yeah, not getting into details, that was f**king awesome. Objectively better than Predators (and you know how much I love Predators). Very tight, very focused. It's very much Naru's (with Tabe as support) film, and it works for it. Doesn't feel like it was only 90 minutes, and I don't mean that in a bad way. On a technical level, I thought it worked fantastically.

Dane was awesome. I just loved Feral's portrayal. Lot's of cool creature stuff for sure, that I can't wait to talk about more. Just the way he looked and moved was amazing. That mask is really something. It looks fantastic. Not too sure on the unmasked face though.

There's only one thing that really bugs me about how the film was handled, which I can get into later. But all in all, really f**king good experience. A perfect example of how flexible the Predator franchise is and how well it can work. I really can't wait to see this again.

Doomofman

Doomofman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2022, 10:21:17 PMJust got back from the premiere and been chewing this over on the journey home. I actually ended up sat next to Dan. I just looked across and was like "is that Dan?!" And it was. Chatted to him a little after the film was done. Really looking forward to having him on the poddy.

But yeah, not getting into details, that was f**king awesome. Objectively better than Predators (and you know how much I love Predators). Very tight, very focused. It's very much Naru's (with Tabe as support) film, and it works for it. Doesn't feel like it was only 90 minutes, and I don't mean that in a bad way. On a technical level, I thought it worked fantastically.

Dane was awesome. I just loved Feral's portrayal. Lot's of cool creature stuff for sure, that I can't wait to talk about more. Just the way he looked and moved was amazing. That mask is really something. It looks fantastic. Not too sure on the unmasked face though.

There's only one thing that really bugs me about how the film was handled, which I can get into later. But all in all, really f**king good experience. A perfect example of how flexible the Predator franchise is and how well it can work. I really can't wait to see this again.

Awesome, thanks for the thoughts. You feel comfortable placing it in a list of the Predator movies yet?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed