What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,494 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 19, 2022, 07:04:15 PMAsking everyone, how hot does it get where you're at?

It's averaging 107°F (42°C) in my city this week.

Spoiler
Yesterday was 93F (34C) with 88% humidity.  Like a greenhouse  :(  Very typical for the area though.
 Today is better - 85F with 70% humidity.  The humidity is the killer.  There's just no relief, no evaporative cooling and no amount of water you can drink to compensate for the sweat you lose.
[close]

Sorry you all are having to go through this.  I hope it passes quickly and you get some rain to hopefully bring down the temps. 

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 19, 2022, 07:04:15 PMAsking everyone, how hot does it get where you're at?

It's averaging 107°F (42°C) in my city this week.

It's winter here at the minute, but it's usually 29-34c in summer. The problem is the humidity tbh, 37c with 100% humidity and torrential rain is the hottest I've seen in this town.

Quote from: Wysps on Jul 19, 2022, 09:12:24 PM
Spoiler
Yesterday was 93F (34C) with 88% humidity.  Like a greenhouse  :(  Very typical for the area though.
 Today is better - 85F with 70% humidity.  The humidity is the killer.  There's just no relief, no evaporative cooling and no amount of water you can drink to compensate for the sweat you lose.
[close]

I find beer to be more effective than water, but obviously you have to keep it up til nightfall or it eventually just makes things worse.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We actually slept in the living room last night as it was so much cooler downstairs.

Outside it's actually a pleasant heat today. The kind of day I'd be happy outside the pub with a pint and a burger and a book.

Wysps

Wysps

Is the spell over, or is it forecasted to continue staying hot for the time being?

I've been to London before (just once), but I remember being there and thinking, "man it's hot!" Now I'm wondering if that was a heat wave too. At the time I just thought it was normal, but maybe not. This was in the early 2000's.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Currently experiencing a sense of existential dread, trying to ward off this seemingly unending feeling of impending doom, trying to fight off this... fear of the passage of time, aging... Dealing with financial woes since it's been move after move after move, trying to fix this house that I bought that's a fixer upper, unhappy with the paycheck I just got on Friday is now gone cause the bills fell on the same day.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Marvel

*sigh* There so much more new shit I don't give a shit about that I just don't give a shit about Marvel no more.

My burnt out exhaustion has now finally lead up to the point where a metaphorical Bane just takes whatever remaining vestiges of joy I had for Marvel left and just breaks it's spine on his knee.

I can't even get excited for Thor or Guardians of the Galaxy anymore.

Kradan

Kradan

I feel you bro. At this point I root for DC just so SOMEONE will overthrow Marvel from its pedestal. Infinity War/Endgame felt like "The End", they should've at least taken a 2-3 years break

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2022, 08:14:19 PMMarvel

*sigh* There so much more new shit I don't give a shit about that I just don't give a shit about Marvel no more.

My burnt out exhaustion has now finally lead up to the point where a metaphorical Bane just takes whatever remaining vestiges of joy I had for Marvel left and just breaks it's spine on his knee.

I think it's time capeshit took a long hiatus honestly, even Sam Rami couldn't save Multiverse Of Madness from mediocrity, and despite my love for Taika Waititi's Thor Ragnarok, the expense of cinema and Thor Love and Thunder just does not interest me enough to go and see it.

Apart from Michael Keaton's return to the role of Batman being marred, I have got everything I ever wanted out of the genre and more now, it can end now.

I will keep watching The Boys, and Invincible, but then being superheroes comes after character drama and storytelling.

When you have something special like, Logan or Legion it is a shame that they are often overshadowed, by the sheer abundance of stuff with no cultural impact because it is designed to hit certain beats and never to rock the boat.

They are so afraid to make something offensive that so much padding's put around once interesting ideas until they have no bite, a sad state of affairs because mostly everything's tasty and mostly easy to consume, but gives very little in the way of any nutrition.

As pretentious as it sounds I'm bursting at the seams to taste some genre fiction with a real creative intent behind it, I got that earlier this year with The Northman in a cinema and it dazzled me, I'm sad I won't get to see Prey in a cinema but I am so excited for it for this very reason.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 25, 2022, 08:24:44 PMI feel you bro. At this point I root for DC just so SOMEONE will overthrow Marvel from its pedestal. Infinity War/Endgame felt like "The End", they should've at least taken a 2-3 years break

But they did.  Endgame was released in 2019.  The Kang Dynasty will be released in 2025.  That's six years.

They were never going to put the entire MCU on hold if that's what you meant.  It feels like the purpose of this entire phase was just to keep the pilot light on.

Kradan

Kradan

First of all, I don't know what Kang Dynasty is and I am not gonna look it up. Secondly, what about all the post-Endgame Marvel movies and TV shows that already came out, you know, all them Black Widows, Snang Chis and Wabdavisions ? Thirdly, you know just as well as I do that whatever break they might've taken was caused primarily by COVID 19 shenanigans

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's Avengers 5...

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1551010131588046853

And this is Avengers 6...

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1551010297166577667

Much anger I sense in you.  Like your sister.

Kradan

Kradan

My question about all the movies/TV shows in between remains

SiL

SiL

I feel like he's pedantically saying that's the next "Avengers" movie, but you didn't specify Avengers, you said Marvel.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's why I said...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 25, 2022, 11:01:46 PMThey were never going to put the entire MCU on hold if that's what you meant.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2022, 08:14:19 PMMarvel

That's kind of how I feel about Alien-Predator now.

I'm neither excited nor angry about Prey. And it really depresses me that for a brief moment, I kind of got back into all things Alien-Predator cause of Death Battle's botched Boba Fett vs Predator match. But aside from that, I've given up on something I used to be passionate about... and I hate feeling this way.

I just don't care about it anymore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed