[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,678 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 23, 2022, 01:45:50 AM(weirdly enough I'm getting Predalien vibes from it)

Not seen anyone else mention this til now, but I agree and my initial thought upon seeing the newer face shots was of Chet.

The Shuriken

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 23, 2022, 12:11:01 PM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Jul 23, 2022, 01:45:50 AM(weirdly enough I'm getting Predalien vibes from it)

Not seen anyone else mention this til now, but I agree and my initial thought upon seeing the newer face shots was of Chet.

Well with the mandibles all the way to the sides of the face, I can see why someone would think that.

From another topic but maybe it belongs here more...

I could be wrong but some of these (very) short scenes of the Predator i haven't seen before.
Don't look if you want to go in blind for the movie!
https://twitter.com/bzthevoice/status/1550567560369754113

Master

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Jul 23, 2022, 10:19:27 AMADI-Preds will never look like Winston-Preds, its a creative choice on ADI's part at this point for sure. Treating Predators as a family of breeds or species like dogs, or snakes like in Winston's famous analogy, makes the most sense at this point. That way you can have Winston-Preds and ADI-Preds coexisting without any real problems. Everybody can be happy, even if they're not thrilled with any given design.

PREY is an interesting case, since it's 300 years prior to P1/P2 you could argue that Feral is a more primitive version of the species.

Humans were not more primitive version of the species some 300 years ago. Just saying.

Kradan

Well, if we learned anything from The Predator it's that Predators know a lot about evolution and genes manipulation ;)

bobcunk

Quote from: Master on Jul 23, 2022, 01:44:44 PM
Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Jul 23, 2022, 10:19:27 AMADI-Preds will never look like Winston-Preds, its a creative choice on ADI's part at this point for sure. Treating Predators as a family of breeds or species like dogs, or snakes like in Winston's famous analogy, makes the most sense at this point. That way you can have Winston-Preds and ADI-Preds coexisting without any real problems. Everybody can be happy, even if they're not thrilled with any given design.

PREY is an interesting case, since it's 300 years prior to P1/P2 you could argue that Feral is a more primitive version of the species.

Humans were not more primitive version of the species some 300 years ago. Just saying.
and dont Predator live for 100s of years? I just see them as different races.

Gilfryd

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 23, 2022, 12:13:16 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 23, 2022, 12:11:01 PM

Well with the mandibles all the way to the sides of the face, I can see why someone would think that.

It was this angle on the new poster with the bone mask and mandibles that did it for me -

BigDaddyJohn

Not only that, but the smooth dome effect of the bone mask resembles the skull of the predalien too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I really hope they didn't do away with the classic pred upper jaw fangs, which looks like they did

I wouldn't mind of course (we've had Scar) but I love me some upper jaw fangs...

Wysps

Quote from: bobcunk on Jul 23, 2022, 02:27:24 PM

When it comes to the novels, yes - but for the movies, your guess is as good as mine.  I don't believe there's ever been anything established in the movies regarding their lifespans.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: bobcunk on Jul 23, 2022, 02:27:24 PM

The different races thing isn't really doing it for me anymore as a logical explanation for all the (bad) differences in Yautja designs.

Ok like yeah there are many different snakes in the world. I'm using snakes because that's how Winston explained the differences between City and Jungle Hunter.

Many snakes look different with their colors, sizes, scales, etc. But most don't have totally radical changes to their heads. Yes some have fangs that deliver poison, some don't. But at the same time, there are no snakes that have their fangs sitting on the complete outside of their face. Every snake with fangs has them right where they belong inside their mouth.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 24, 2022, 03:48:13 PMMany snakes look different with their colors, sizes, scales, etc. But most don't have totally radial changes to their heads.
How many snake pics do you want me to post in response?  :)

Spoiler

[close]

and this is just the snakes, go figure if we go into Squamata, Reptilia (sensu latu)...

of course, Winston's quote can't be taken so literally just because you want to use it in an argument; saying that you don't like the aesthetics of the new design is sufficient

The Shuriken

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 24, 2022, 04:09:04 PM
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 24, 2022, 03:48:13 PMMany snakes look different with their colors, sizes, scales, etc. But most don't have totally radial changes to their heads.
How many snake pics do you want me to post in response?  :)

Spoiler

[close]

and this is just the snakes, go figure if we go into Squamata, Reptilia (sensu latu)...

of course, Winston's quote can't be taken so literally just because you want to use it in an argument; saying that you don't like the aesthetics of the new design is sufficient

Well...I've lost this one. :-X

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 24, 2022, 04:15:50 PMWell...I've lost this one. :-X
You haven't lost you'll be free to say 'I don't like the new design' by all means

I might not like it for one

Kradan

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed