What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 608,802 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 18, 2022, 09:54:04 AMIT'S

SO

HOT

AGH :'(

Milk was a bad choice!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

This f**king heat. I think I'm running off 3 hours sleep at the minute. I can't stand this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've been doing alright with the heat, but I just went outside to the bins and the fact it's this warm already and it's not even 9:00am yet doesn't bode well for today.

SiL

SiL

I know I joke about your summers but 40 is no laughing matter. Please stay hydrated

Darkness

Darkness

I had a good night's sleep with my fans running. What we really need is aircon in UK homes. I was supposed to be getting the train this week to work but I've taken the day off just in case they get cancelled.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Well the argument there is 99% of the time it'd just be sitting idle not getting used.

But I guess if summers like this are gonna get more commonplace then it'll start becoming a thing.

Just glad our house seems to naturally stay quite cool.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 19, 2022, 08:25:55 AMWell the argument there is 99% of the time it'd just be sitting idle not getting used.

Aircon can be used for heating too you know.

But I suspect it might be less cost effective than central heating.

Anyway, I made a vow to never complain about heat again after visiting the Negev desert in late summer during Israel's worst heatwave in history. Got a very rude lesson on what heat really means over there.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 18, 2022, 09:54:04 AMIT'S

SO

HOT

AGH :'(

Welcome to my nightmare

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 19, 2022, 08:15:10 AMI had a good night's sleep with my fans running. What we really need is aircon in UK homes. I was supposed to be getting the train this week to work but I've taken the day off just in case they get cancelled.

I'm more inclined to come to work as I can just go to a server room if I get too bad, but I've been running about so much today. I've got to leave the prison and walk to outside training again and I just don't want to leave the office. And the office is f**king boiling as is.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Do you get the day off if you instigate a riot?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Probably a dismissal. To be fair I could work from home if I want to, but I had hands-on stuff to do. Might not come in tomorrow.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 19, 2022, 07:13:54 AMThis f**king heat. I think I'm running off 3 hours sleep at the minute. I can't stand this.

I'm the same on the 3 hours of sleep.  Been like that for me all weekend.  I live in an attic flat and after I returned from my mum's this morning as soon as I walked into the flat the heat inside hit me.  To quote Kane "It's like the goddamn tropics in here" I have both the living room and bathroom roof windows open as they face opposite each other.  The problem is the breeze that is flowing through the flat is warm!  Even putting the fan on it's just blowing warm air it's bloody horrid!

Master Chief

Master Chief

Asking everyone, how hot does it get where you're at?

It's averaging 107°F (42°C) in my city this week.

SiL

SiL

If it's cooler outside than in - even a little - it's better to face fans out the window. You'll force out hot air and draw in cool air from the opposite window.

If it's the same or worse outdoors, good luck.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 19, 2022, 07:04:15 PMAsking everyone, how hot does it get where you're at?

It's averaging 107°F (42°C) in my city this week.

Today it's 32C, feels like 36C with humidity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed