[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,832 times)

SiL

Especially in Predator 2.

BlueMarsalis79

Can you show us?

SiL

Meat locker and bathroom scenes.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2022, 10:27:23 AMI can't not notice the folds either now.
They are there on Predator 2 too

of course, the whole big problem with the 'crabator' debacle (the term by itself is not derogative, but is meant to be by those who coined it) is that the wrong people are being blamed for it. I've seen people throw shit at ADI for more than a decade and it really, really needs to stop.

There are a thousand reasons for the folds, and some reasons to make them work with the film. Disliking the aesthetic of the ADI Predators is of course fine and dandy -- at the end of the day they are iterations of an established archetype -- but blaming them for things they are simply not responsible for (that is, production scheduling and photography) is disingenuous and harmful.

426Buddy

I'm just at a point where I want the effect to look good/cool. Be it the way it's shot or how it's designed.

But first I want the film to be good, the effects will be secondary to that.

Kradan

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jul 18, 2022, 11:25:13 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2022, 10:27:23 AMI can't not notice the folds either now.

https://i.imgur.com/TOGeBAT.png
https://i.imgur.com/ADypCBG.png

of course, the whole big problem with the 'crabator' debacle (the term by itself is not derogative, but is meant to be by those who coined it) is that the wrong people are being blamed for it. I've seen people throw shit at ADI for more than a decade and it really, really needs to stop.

There are a thousand reasons for the folds, and some reasons to make them work with the film. Disliking the aesthetic of the ADI Predators is of course fine and dandy -- at the end of the day they are iterations of an established archetype -- but blaming them for things they are simply not responsible for (that is, production scheduling and photography) is disingenuous and harmful.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2022, 11:34:45 AMI'm just at a point where I want the effect to look good/cool. Be it the way it's shot or how it's designed.

But first I want the film to be good, the effects will be secondary to that.

Pretty much.

Kudos dude, never noticed this before, probably because it looks mostly fine because only a curve appears on one side in each shot respectively, instead of being bundled with multiple in either direction on each side most egregious with Fugitive.

[cancerblack]

I do feel like it's a lot less egregious in P2. It's there, but unless you're already looking for it, it doesn't stick out as much as in later films. I reckon it's mostly the lighting and editing.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2022, 10:27:23 AMEnough with the pokes at Voodoo too.

I can't not notice the folds either now.

Hey I was just having fun  ;D but fair enough and sorry 👉👈

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 18, 2022, 11:54:23 AMI do feel like it's a lot less egregious in P2.

I feel the same. And to be fair, it did take it being pointed out to me to really notice it but once I saw it, I can't stop noticing it now. And I'm not shitting on ADI or anything. I'm very aware of the difficulties and issues they face, and I do actually really like their take on the designs. It's just one aspect I can't not see now.

BigDaddyJohn

Skin folds looked especially visible in AVP and The Predator, probably also due to cinematography. But the wider you make the mouth open, the more skin you need.

shadowedge

In Predator 2, some scenes do have the folds, but most of the scenes do not have them. Also the Predator is able to close his mouth in that movie which becomes rare in the following films.

Kailem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 18, 2022, 02:53:21 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 18, 2022, 11:54:23 AMI do feel like it's a lot less egregious in P2.

I feel the same. And to be fair, it did take it being pointed out to me to really notice it but once I saw it, I can't stop noticing it now. And I'm not shitting on ADI or anything. I'm very aware of the difficulties and issues they face, and I do actually really like their take on the designs. It's just one aspect I can't not see now.

That's how it's been for me too. It was never something I noticed until people here pointed it out, and now it's one of those things I wish they hadn't! :laugh:

Dino21AvP

Closer look at Feral from the new preview.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed