[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,846 times)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 17, 2022, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2022, 08:02:11 PMBerserker also opened pretty wide IIRC. But maybe it was more horizontal-wide than vertical-wide.
It was relatively wide horizontally too but I guess dwarfed by his gigantic mandibles... In terms of wolf though, take this bust, darken the skin and throw the bone mask on there and it's not too far off what we've seen so far (aside from the missing upper mandible)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dd/5f/de/dd5fde6515dcb5eb859e7b7b7612dad6.jpg
I think Scar Predator has Wolf beaten, Scar might be the closest mouth wise to Feral.

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 17, 2022, 08:03:24 PM
QuoteSo i'm counting on all the fans who agree with us to display their criticism, whatever how they will do it, just do it.

Who's "us"?

Anti-crabators of all countries, unite !

[cancerblack]

But this is a headcrabator

Doomofman

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Jul 17, 2022, 08:31:41 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 17, 2022, 08:15:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 17, 2022, 08:02:11 PMBerserker also opened pretty wide IIRC. But maybe it was more horizontal-wide than vertical-wide.
It was relatively wide horizontally too but I guess dwarfed by his gigantic mandibles... In terms of wolf though, take this bust, darken the skin and throw the bone mask on there and it's not too far off what we've seen so far (aside from the missing upper mandible)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/dd/5f/de/dd5fde6515dcb5eb859e7b7b7612dad6.jpg
I think Scar Predator has Wolf beaten, Scar might be the closest mouth wise to Feral.
For the mandibles, maybe. But I'm talking about the like inner mouth

Mike’s Monsters

The term Crabator is silly to me. In my eyes, EVERY Predator mouth has a crab/crustacean-like mouth. So to me, that would mean EVERY PREDATOR IS A CRABATOR. I understand the arguments, but the term y'all use is what gets me.

[cancerblack]

You know who to blame...

Kradan

It's some sort of magic

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jul 17, 2022, 08:44:36 PMThe term Crabator is silly to me. In my eyes, EVERY Predator mouth has a crab/crustacean-like mouth. So to me, that would mean EVERY PREDATOR IS A CRABATOR. I understand the arguments, but the term y'all use is what gets me.
worry not, it's just what it is - a silly fan term to diss on ADI

As for Feral I like a lot of the aesthetic innovations - the thinner dreads, the tufts of quills, the athletic build, the animal skull-like helmet and so forth. If well-employed in the film it shall be a sight to behold

BigDaddyJohn

I love the overall design so far. I need to look at this thing in the eyes though.

426Buddy

Pretty hyped myself.

Mr.Turok

I just want the mandibles to close properly, small but livid eyes, and have that intimidating brow again. Last films made them look goofy, big Disney eyes with broken mandibles that hang and don't close properly over the mouth. It looks promising that Dan wanted a better and proportionate Predator again, seeing how it doesn't have the big bobble head and a silhouette that is reminiscent of the first two Predators so I'm positive that they can finally get the face back on track.

BlueMarsalis79

Mfw it's got skin folds and the mandibles don't close properly AGAIN.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 18, 2022, 09:41:00 AMMfw it's got skin folds and the mandibles don't close properly AGAIN.

https://i.gifer.com/S012.gif

But they are Aliens. What does it matter if they can't close their mouths properly?

Edit- Is that Voodoo Magic?

BlueMarsalis79

It's more about aesthetic than function to me, it just looks not great with the skin folding and making it look fake in particular, I'm mainly just memeing about the mouth closing. 

Corporal Hicks

Enough with the pokes at Voodoo too.

I can't not notice the folds either now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed