Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1054

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 625,668 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

God, I hated that scene.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Cocolyte on Jul 08, 2022, 02:55:03 PMI'm not saying Aliens is a bad movie. It's just really.... bleh. It feels like it was made in a factory. It's very technically well-made, but beyond that I don't see much of artistic merit. It's a 7/10 or a low 8/10 depending on tastes.

That's fair, I guess. Caneron is very technically-minded direcror after all

Side note, your avatar gives me creeps. Which is not a necessarily bad thing

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 08, 2022, 04:18:52 PMGod, I hated that scene.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 04, 2020, 12:50:30 AMAliens was the closest this series ever came to being a mainstream crowd-pleaser.  It's a damn fine, expertly-crafted piece of filmmaking on every level.

But Alien is still the better movie.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 25, 2021, 02:08:23 AMAlien 3 was just boring.  A well-crafted film in many ways, but the story had no suspense.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 19, 2022, 11:19:32 PMThe real question should be: Aside from Alien and Aliens, which film is your favorite?  Alien 3 would then get my vote.

The rest of the films in the series are just different flavors of shit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I don't even disagree, I am just an odd duck that really loves Alien and Alien³ but just enjoys Aliens.

Kradan

Kradan

Nothing odd about that

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 08, 2022, 02:29:43 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2022, 09:39:48 AMAR's the easiest to watch honestly.

The first three, maybe apart from Alien, require a specific mood from me.
AR is a hard one for me to watch (because of feels)...I don't like what happened to my Queen.  The one I'll never watch again is Covenant and my favorite is Alien.

I agree that the first 3 are mood specific.
You and me both, hate that part of the movie and what happened to the queen, it was an alright popcorn movie but after that scene the movie just implode to me. The xenos stopped to be a threat and the movie has no scary ending plus insulting xeno fans.
Also that part of the movie could easily be made scarier and better with some slight editing.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

After Watching:
People who go to work, because of their financial circumstances, are not abandoning their children. Weird take. Again I enjoy Alien and Alien³ more than Aliens but I can not deny Aliens' brilliance.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

AR was the first Alien film that I had the opportunity to see at the theatre, and passed on it. I thought about it carefully and decided I was a fan of good film-making, not a "franchise".

When I did finally watch it, I felt I'd just watched a not-great Dark Horse comic. And that kind of followed through with AVP and AVPR (again, I passed on both of these on theatrical run).

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: NecronomIV on Jul 09, 2022, 12:23:41 AMAR was the first Alien film that I had the opportunity to see at the theatre, and passed on it.

AR was also the first Alien movie I saw in the theatre. Oh and a VHS of ALIEN³ was what introduced me to the Alien world.  ;D

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Imagine if this was your introduction, Komi-chan.

I'm surprised they didn't have a product placement deal with Pepsi in the movie itself.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 09, 2022, 12:36:20 AMImagine if this was your introduction, Komi-chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZiWhkwJwCU
I'm surprised they didn't have a product placement deal with Pepsi in the movie itself.

They should have made the Covenant versión.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 09, 2022, 12:36:20 AMKomi-chan.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Doesn't everybody?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I thought I was the only one 👉👈

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Was the same Alien suit performer (Woodruff Jr.) from A3, also used for the Pepsi commercial?

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 09, 2022, 12:36:20 AMImagine if this was your introduction, Komi-chan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZiWhkwJwCU

I've never seen this before.

I'm reminded of Clive Barker speaking of seeing Pinhead on TV on a talk show giving (?)Mel Gibson a pin to fix his jacket or somthing like that.

I really see where Ridley Scott was coming from with his famous "the beast is done" statement. Both Scott and Barker are creative people, both collaboratively created horror icons ... and they  become devalued by repetition and from being absorbed into popular culture and normalised.

The alien is a monster designed to be a psychosexual nightmare horror ... and it's advertising Pepsi on TV.

Watching that, even more than after watching AR or AVPR, I can see why Ridley wanted to move beyond the alien for Prometheus and take the series in a different direction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed