[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,100 times)

dHunter333

It's not just a coincidence that they chose the same year as the pistol
It had to be involved

von

Looking forward to the medi-kit finally being used again! It was one of the first things I could easily make out from watching the trailer the first time

We haven't seen it in use since P2 but I believe Wolf was shown using one in a deleted scene

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: von on Jun 12, 2022, 02:32:21 AMLooking forward to the medi-kit finally being used again! It was one of the first things I could easily make out from watching the trailer the first time

We haven't seen it in use since P2 but I believe Wolf was shown using one in a deleted scene

Wolf was using one in AVPR, not in a deleted scene.

And where did you see a medkit in this one ?

SuperiorIronman

Unless it's a holster the new guy looks to be wearing one. You can see what might be the med kit in the trailer when he flips the hatchet.

von

von

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 12, 2022, 03:13:49 AM
Quote from: von on Jun 12, 2022, 02:32:21 AMLooking forward to the medi-kit finally being used again! It was one of the first things I could easily make out from watching the trailer the first time

It's in the scene where the Pred is holding the hatchet. The form and detailing on it is quite similar to Wolf's

(Having trouble attaching an image here via mobile sorry)

The Shuriken

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jun 11, 2022, 09:52:26 PMIt's not just a coincidence that they chose the same year as the pistol
It had to be involved

Well if we get technical the synopsis of the movie states "300" years in the past. That would be 1722, after Greyback gets his pistol in the comics.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jun 12, 2022, 05:45:59 AM
Quote from: dHunter333 on Jun 11, 2022, 09:52:26 PMIt's not just a coincidence that they chose the same year as the pistol
It had to be involved

Well if we get technical the synopsis of the movie states "300" years in the past. That would be 1722, after Greyback gets his pistol in the comics.

It's not literally 300 years ago from now. 1719 is what I believe they said. They also said the film represents the first time a Predator has come to Earth so it's definitely before Greyback.

dHunter333

Pistol is 1715
If the movie is 1719 then it'll probably be unrelated unless the pistol has that year on it still...?

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: von on Jun 12, 2022, 04:17:20 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 12, 2022, 03:13:49 AM

It's in the scene where the Pred is holding the hatchet. The form and detailing on it is quite similar to Wolf's

(Having trouble attaching an image here via mobile sorry)

The backpack looking thing a la jungle hunter ? I guess it's possible it is a medkit yes.

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jun 12, 2022, 09:19:22 AMPistol is 1715
If the movie is 1719 then it'll probably be unrelated unless the pistol has that year on it still...?

A gun with 1715 written on it could still appear in a movie set in 1719, I don't see the problem here.

Kradan

Part of me wishes they hadn't revealed new Predator lookstill the movie comes out. One thing about original 1987 movie is that for a looong chunk of it first-time viewer doesn't even know what creature looks like. But nowadays you know what new Predator is gonna look like long before you get to your seat in a cinema or push that "Play" button. Some magic is lost there. One can argue: "Well, we know what Predator looks like so why hide it ?". That's where some design tweaking might come in handy. Idk, if it was featured in promotional materials for Predators but one thing I remember fondly about that movie is when Berserker took his mask off and I was all like "WOAH ! This one looks even uglier than all the previous ones ! Hot damn !"

SuperiorIronman

I don't think it was in promotional materials but I do remember the unmasked Berserker head getting leaked. I don't think we saw the face but we did know what Berserker looked like before the film came out. The leaked spoiled the other two though.

BigDaddyJohn

Mentioning leaks, I'm so glad we had so little for this movie.

bobcunk

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 12, 2022, 04:03:43 PMI don't think it was in promotional materials but I do remember the unmasked Berserker head getting leaked. I don't think we saw the face but we did know what Berserker looked like before the film came out. The leaked spoiled the other two though.
I think it was from the back of the Neca action figure.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 12, 2022, 04:03:43 PMI don't think it was in promotional materials but I do remember the unmasked Berserker head getting leaked. I don't think we saw the face but we did know what Berserker looked like before the film came out. The leaked spoiled the other two though.

When Predators was about to come out, a bunch of official behind the scenes photos were released. Many having the faces of Mr. Black. I had it spoiled before I saw the movie on opening night, but the stills were officially released.

Master

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 12, 2022, 06:26:11 PM
I think it was from the back of the Neca action figure.

Naha

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 12, 2022, 06:28:32 PM

When Predators was about to come out, a bunch of official behind the scenes photos were released. Many having the faces of Mr. Black. I had it spoiled before I saw the movie on opening night, but the stills were officially released.

Aha!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed