[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,951 times)

RidgeTop

Posted this in the catch all but I really like this piece of fan art of the design by Jolous.

https://twitter.com/jolousDA/status/1534133772249186306

KaliPrime

KaliPrime

Check this out! Already getting Feral Predator custom 3D printed items. We are living in the future people!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CemwI45s850/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not my store, but the talented individual who made this...
https://www.ebay.com/str/lrlcustoms

Xerxész

Still don't know how Feral can see out of this mask...

KaliPrime

Good point! But if we can have passthrough on an oculus VR with itty bitty cameras that can show you the physical world through a fully occluded field of vision... gotta think a space-faring species solved that waaaaaaaaaay before.

SiL

I don't see how people are struggling. It's not just a bone mask, there's metal under it.

SuperiorIronman

They probably don't need lenses but commonly have them. Like if the sensor broke you still can see with something to protect your face. We have seen helmets without lenses over in Hunting Grounds. Even Alpha somehow is able to see out of the skull of the Amengi he gutted. Probably a sensor somewhere.

In Feral's case he probably has some sort of sensor or might be a maniac and felt the skull was good enough.

I do have this thought though that they might be able to detect where things are like a heat based echolocation. There's a word for that I'm sure, but basically I wouldn't doubt it if they functioned like Daredevil if it really came down to it. Like they can't see you but they can train themselves to look for the heat among other things to track targets. So maybe they don't strictly need eyes.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

There have been masks without external lenses before such as Serpent Hunter, and a few in Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Mike’s Monsters

Maybe it's a blind Predator without eyes that works with it's senses or something new and weird.

SuperiorIronman

Oh that'd be f**ked if we got a blind Predator. Cause that means the mud trick shouldn't work here. Or maybe it does like the mask has a sensor so he can see, but when the mask comes of and he goes blind he fights like Daredevil. Like the slightest sound sets him off and they have to work around him like the Berserker from Gears of War.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Xerxész on Jun 10, 2022, 11:19:04 PMStill don't know how Feral can see out of this mask...

Those are my favorite type of helmet or mask. With no visible eyes, makes things look scarier/badass.

KaliPrime

Snakes have heat pits between their mouth and nostrils that allow them to see heat radiation in 3 dimensions. Totally reasonable that preds would have something akin to that. Honestly how helpful are eyes if you only sense heat maps and no photons...  :o

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 10, 2022, 11:57:29 PMThey probably don't need lenses but commonly have them. Like if the sensor broke you still can see with something to protect your face. We have seen helmets without lenses over in Hunting Grounds. Even Alpha somehow is able to see out of the skull of the Amengi he gutted. Probably a sensor somewhere.

In Feral's case he probably has some sort of sensor or might be a maniac and felt the skull was good enough.

I do have this thought though that they might be able to detect where things are like a heat based echolocation. There's a word for that I'm sure, but basically I wouldn't doubt it if they functioned like Daredevil if it really came down to it. Like they can't see you but they can train themselves to look for the heat among other things to track targets. So maybe they don't strictly need eyes.

SiL

With monitors inside the helmet?

Like... their eye lenses are already little computer screens, what difference does it make if you can see them from the outside or not?

Kailem

Yeah when it comes to these eyeless masks I've always imagined that they either A) have lenses like all the others, but they're just designed to "blend in" with the mask itself so you can't tell from the outside which part is solid mask and which is actually see-through for them, or B) they have a tiny camera or sensor on the outside that relays everything they're looking at back to an internal screen, which appears much bigger and essentially just gives them a normal-sized view of their surroundings.

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Jun 10, 2022, 01:51:02 PMCould this new predator be a bad blood and Greyback comes to take him out? Maybe Greyback comes towards the end of the movie and kills the new pred while he was trying to kill the girl?

I originally thought this my be the case too. Correct me if I'm mistaken but I believe greyback killed the City Hunter in an alternate ending to P2. That would be a cool nod to the previous film if this occurs in Prey. It would also be a cool nod to the bad blood comic as well.

After seeing the trailer/promo videos it seems less as less likely Greyback will show up. I would love it if he did of course. Fingers crossed.

Maybe someone can clarify this for me, but I vaguely remember seeing a behind the scenes for one of the predator films(AVP?) where they discuss the mandibles? Something about losing the tech that gave the jungle/city hunter its iconic mandible swinging motion? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed