Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 336,317 times)

Doomofman

Doomofman

I didn't listen to the whole thing but there's some Prey talk at 16 minutes. Nothing new there, still can't say much about it, out sometime this summer on Hulu. That's about the jist of it

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

She....she brought up a great point that I didn't even notice. This film really does have the first ever female native american lead role ever. Most films have them as a side character or love interest but never a leading role in anything. Damm, another reason why to not mess up this film, I just want this film to be good please don't mess this up.

SiL

SiL

Pocahontas would like a word?

Also The New Mutants?

BlueMarsalis79

I can't blame anyone for forgetting about either one.

SiL

SiL

I get forgetting New Mutants but Pocahontas was a popular film.

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps at the time, but I was born in 97, never saw it when growing up and the ratings don't suggest I missed out.

SiL

SiL

I don't see what that has to do with anything. It doesn't change the fact she's wrong and you personally not knowingg much about it is completely irrelevant.

Maybe she meant lead in an action movie, that would make more sense.

BlueMarsalis79

She specifically said lead in an action film, I'm listening to it now actually, so she's right on that count. As for being irrelevant you brought up popularity, I am disputing Pocahontas' claimed popularity, it's the lowest rated and least successful of the "Disney Renaissance" after all.

skhellter

skhellter

Pocahontas is animated... New Mutants is an ensemble film.

and Pocahontas is controversial and stereotypical enough that i bet most native americans would rather forget about it.

SiL

SiL

Her comments were framed as "first female Native American lead", period.

Which was slightly inaccurate as she did specify action movie and from what I can tell she's absolutely right.

New Mutants was definitely wanting to be an ensemble but there was a clear lead character whose arc drove the entire film.

BlueMarsalis79

Good interview, worth watching for fans of Legion, or Predator, or just aspiring actors or creatives.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: skhellter on May 03, 2022, 10:10:32 PMPocahontas is animated... New Mutants is an ensemble film.

and Pocahontas is controversial and stereotypical enough that i bet most native americans would rather forget about it.

Yeah, relistening to the podcast, she did say lead action role which is still big for them still either way. I think there is a strong resentment of the animated film from the Powhatan tribe as many were hired to be consultants for the film but ended up being ignored and washing over the film's portrayal of the character of something that is not. I'm not familiar with the New Mutants to have any comment on it.

I'm just waiting for that trailer, come on folks, drop it already and give us something to talk about already!
Thinking more on this, maybe the late drop will be because the film will be dropped in August to avoid competition with the bigger films coming in like JWD.

SiL

SiL

I'm expecting something in June/early July at the latest, with an August release.

ace3g

ace3g

I almost thought a trailer was classified when I saw this on the Alberta Canada website, lol

PR (trailer #1)   Parental Guidance   May 06, 2022   2:38   Independent

Kailem

Kailem

Needs more EY.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed