Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams

Started by ace3g, Aug 22, 2017, 01:08:13 AM

Author
Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams (Read 1,681 times)

ace3g

ace3g

QuotePhilip K. Dick is responsible for some of science fiction's most iconic movies, such as Blade Runner, Minority Report, and Total Recall, and some of his short stories will be the basis for a new anthology show called Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams. The first trailer for the show has arrived, and it looks like it's going to be just as weird as the stories it's based on.

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams will consist of ten episodes, each of which will be based off of a selection of the author's short stories. The show will star an array of recognizable actors, such as Benedict Wong, Steve Buscemi, Anna Paquin, Terrance Howard, and Cranston himself. This first trailer promises a really surreal sci-fi series. There's empty cities, pig men, creepy children in a forest, robots, and quite a bit more.

SM

SM

Nice.

Guess they couldn't call it The Dick Zone.

(No Virginia Madsen though?)

ace3g

ace3g

SM

SM

Watched the first one.  Very Blade Runner-ish tone.  Found it a bit slow, but was ultimately a decent watch.

Second one started and progressed better than the first, but the ending was pretty rubbish.

The Commuter was the best one so far.

SM

SM

Episode 4 was another decent one - particularly for Floyd fans.

SM

SM

Real Life was possibly better than The Commuter.  Very Dickian in terms of
Spoiler
what's real and what isn't.
[close]

Guess no one has Amazon Video in the US.

Local Trouble

I've been described as very dickian myself at times.

Immortan Jonesy

SM

SM

Human Is, was one of the stronger episodes.  Real Life was probably still the best though.

Perfect-Organism

Are they actually planning to readapt DADOES?

SM

SM

Not in this series.

LastSurvivor92

I'm definitely gonna have to check this out! I'm a pretty big fan of Philip K. Dick's work. Are there any other tv/film adaptions of his other works coming out?

bb-15

bb-15

Thanks to ace3g for the thread (since I've enjoyed several of PK Dick's short stories).
I will check this series out.

;)

SM

SM

Caught up on a couple of episodes of this.

Kill All Others - Cliched.

Autofac - One of the best eps.

SM

SM

Safe and Sound - I'm completely over bleak lightless lazy dystopia.  Had a look at the summary of the story this was based on and it sounds more interesting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed