Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 75,196 times)

felix

Okay. Thanks!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 07:52:20 AMI had a flick through it - was only passing by - and it had there being 7 omnibus volumes due for release.

Wow, as many as that? All Aliens or will they be doing the old Predator and AVP books too?

Ultramorph

Maybe they'll also do omnibi of the DH Press Aliens and Predator books? That would be cool given how hard to come by a few of those are.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 30, 2015, 09:22:43 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 07:52:20 AMI had a flick through it - was only passing by - and it had there being 7 omnibus volumes due for release.

Wow, as many as that? All Aliens or will they be doing the old Predator and AVP books too?

I'd really love that!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: felix on Dec 30, 2015, 01:50:16 PM
Neat. How many pages is the book by the way?

Just over 800

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 30, 2015, 09:22:43 PM

Just says Alien.

felix

Are there enough Alien stories to cover 7 Omnibus Vols?

Corporal Hicks

As far as the original Bantam books go, Aliens alone will take them to Omnibus 4.

Lonely Universe

Incredible news! This must mean they'll be doing the Dark Horse novels as well.

felix

Dark Horse Novels? I am not familiar with them.

HuDaFuK

The books from 2005-2008 (Aliens: Original Sin through to Predator: South China Sea) were published by DH Press, which is the novel publishing arm of Dark Horse.

Corporal Hicks

If they stick to 2 an omnibus it would work out. However, I'm not sold on that happening. I could see a novelization omnibus, the 2014 trilogy and then maybe the Rage Wars.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I upvote this ! I'm particularly interested in Rogue and Music of the Spears, yet they're as obscure as Donald Duck's middle name (What, you're telling me Chex Quest has a community?).

Although I'm not too keen on having these stacked up in omnibuses, there's hope that they are at least marked accordingly.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 02, 2016, 08:54:53 PMI upvote this ! I'm particularly interested in Rogue and Music of the Spears, yet they're as obscure as Donald Duck's middle name.

Rogue was the last Aliens novel I read, and it was easily my favourite so far.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2016, 04:22:21 PM
Quote from: Randomizer on Jan 02, 2016, 08:54:53 PMI upvote this ! I'm particularly interested in Rogue and Music of the Spears, yet they're as obscure as Donald Duck's middle name.

Rogue was the last Aliens novel I read, and it was easily my favourite so far.

I'm quite looking forward to re-reading these older ones to refresh my memory. I think outside of the first 2 (oh and Genocide & Music of the Spears) and the AvPs, I never read the Bantam novels more than once.

I started re-reading Earth Hive yesterday. Picked up a few details I didn't remember - mention of Acturian wasps being deadly and the AI in the psych hospital Billie was kept at being called Grandmother.

Corporal Hicks

I'd forgot how awful Perry's sex scenes were!  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed