Stupid Teenagers (Alien & Predator related)

Started by galaxys ultimate hunter, Jan 10, 2011, 07:47:22 PM

Author
Stupid Teenagers (Alien & Predator related) (Read 10,854 times)

Predator Queen

You cant viciously hate people just cus they like one film over the other and so what there young and stupid and thought AVP was a masterpiece .... Who really cares not worth your time worrying about what other people prefer its like those girls who are into Twilight yes its annoying yes its stupid but let them like it.... Nothing you can do about it anyways besides ignore them...

Ghostface

My point is, the more fans of sub par movies there are, the more sub par movies get made.

StrangeShape

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 13, 2011, 05:29:02 AM
You cant viciously hate people just cus they like one film over the other and so what there young and stupid and thought AVP was a masterpiece .... Who really cares not worth your time worrying about what other people prefer its like those girls who are into Twilight yes its annoying yes its stupid but let them like it.... Nothing you can do about it anyways besides ignore them...

Nothing's wrong with liking any movie at all. Its just the reason for liking them is saddening. Because there was more Predator in it or it was more visible then the movie is better than others? I mean, what happened to the story? Characters? Script?  Cinematography? Music? Editing? Heart? Pacing? Acting?

Predator Queen

I don't know why but I feel like this whole thread it just for me cus when I joined I liked AVP a lot... and I feel like you all hate me just cus of that...

Sharp Sticks

Don't flatter yourself, we just hate the flick.

Predator Queen

Then why is this plave called AVP Galaxy?

Ghostface

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 13, 2011, 05:36:02 AM
I don't know why but I feel like this whole thread it just for me cus when I joined I liked AVP a lot... and I feel like you all hate me just cus of that...

Not at all. Personally I like AVP for what it is but it is mearly a shadow of the classics. I would love to see something of the caliber of those classics return, but if these B-Grade films are continually profitable, there will be no reason for the studio to seek talented writers and film makers.

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 13, 2011, 05:42:46 AM
Then why is this plave called AVP Galaxy?

Hey, I didn't name it, and I don't speak for everyone.

chupacabras acheronsis

There are AvP comics, there are AvP Games. it is incorrect to assume the movie defines the website

StrangeShape

Actually AVP wasnt that bad and it did have a buildup. It was also shot well and had plenty of signature Alien movie elements

predxeno

Don't worry about it.  Hate is a pretty strong word.  When some fans, like us, say they like what a good part of the community regards as a "bad" movie, we're bound to get some arguments flung our way.  I like AVPR a lot and even tho lots of other fans on this site continuously criticize me about that, all of us still respect each other knowing that we each have our own preferences and b*tching about it isn't going to change anything.

Gate

Yeah, I don't hate AvP or AvP: R but I do wish to keep them at the minimum out of a sentence with Classic.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Ghostface on Jan 13, 2011, 02:58:10 AM
Thats why we're better off without 'fans' like that. As long as there are fans that prefer a low budget monster film lacking any heart or substance we will never get another alien or predator film on par with the originals. I hope Ridley will prove me wrong.

It's not the fans the make the movies low budget, it is the executives looking for the easiest dollar in the film industry itself.

Respectively, it is upsetting when those of us who do have a true knowledge of the franchise history run up against those who don't in converstation. As a mom, I am doing my part to prevent this in my household lol but, it is because of the fans that keeps this franchise going.   Even the lesser of the fans put money into this franchise and money is what keeps it coming back to the theaters, the comics back on the shelves, and engineers behind the games.

I like AVP.  Sure I get a lot of heat for it, and often receive condescending remarks over having my own opinion, but thats ok it's your opinion and your entitled to it.  I was watching Sci Fi films before most of you were teenagers yourselves, so while I respect your views please keep in mind that some of do have an opinion outside of your own with an honest real history behind it. 

...end rant, time for some coffee. 
:P

Spaghetti

Quote from: galaxys ultimate hunter on Jan 10, 2011, 07:47:22 PM
she thought AVP was just some random movie made, what the heck?

I dont see a problem with this.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Gate on Jan 12, 2011, 12:44:22 PM
QuoteMe: So you liked Resurrection?
Person: Yeah, Im guessing it's a Sci-fi original, right?
Rageface.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed