Predators Casting News

Started by Darkoo, Aug 14, 2009, 08:07:28 PM

Author
Predators Casting News (Read 27,505 times)

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 25, 2009, 07:12:09 PM
QuoteI am just reminding everyone who thinks this is gonna be good to not get your hopes
And thats already a stupid thing to say, why is it not allowed to get your hopes up but at the same time bash the shit out of the movie, even though its in Pre-Production now and there hasnt even been shot a single frame yet?

There is a new Predator movie coming out after 20 years, i'm excited about it, there is a creative team behind it that i have trust in that they can pull off a good movie, so what?

So nothing, just don't make the same mistake like the AVP movies, allot people said they were gonna be good after they saw some pictures and trailers and in the end, the movies disappointed and made allot of people mad. And now with Predators I really do hope I am being wrong now, but the way I see things so far it's not looking good...at least to me.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotejust don't make the same mistake like the AVP movies
But this is not AvP, this is Predator, the pest is gone now.

Quoteallot people said they were gonna be good after they saw some pictures and trailers and in the end, the movies disappointed and made allot of people mad.
Not me, maybe with the first one, yes, with AvP-R, i knew exactly what i was going to end up with, a 90 minute action romp instead of the 21/2 hour action epic that some were expecting, and therefore, i wasn't disappointed when i saw it, more like "I enjoyed it for what it was".

Quotebut the way I see things so far it's not looking good
For f**ks sake, what have we seen so far? Nothing, a 15 year old fan script and a character sheet, that already contradicts with the idea that Robert is using his old draft for it.

So why say "This will suck!" at this point in time? Ohh, because of the AvP's? So everything Alien/Predator related has to suck now?  :-\

If you have so little faith in this franchise then why join this site in the first place?

mjacobson

mjacobson

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 25, 2009, 01:21:32 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 25, 2009, 01:16:28 AM
Heck no! It's hard for me to fathom how one wouldn't like it. Read it again, man.

.....I want to forget page 109 and the peeing Predators...

Predators DON'T do that, and Predators DON'T take slaves and trade their technology with humanity.

-Rakai'Thwei

The problem with that is: you DON'T know what Predators do. All the movies, comics, and books don't give a complete picture of Predator life. You can't base a culture on just one facet. They can't all hunt all the time. They have to do other stuff. This slave thing could be the equivalent of chicken fights or something. And if peeing makes it into the movie, then guess what? It's canon! Then every following predator movie will have a pred-pee scene in it and a scene where they are called "one ugly motherf*cker!"

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteAnd if peeing makes it into the movie, then guess what? It's canon!
You mean like the newborn is canon, and one Predator killing 50 aliens with ease is canon, or that a pizza delivery guy killed an alien is canon? Or that the alien was on earth twice and still got f**ked over, which basically makes the whole "If the alien makes it to earth were f**ked!" thread in the alien movies a ridiculous thing to say is canon?

If so, then yeah, the peeing will be canon.  :)

Master Chief

Master Chief

Yes to all except for the pizza boy killing the alien, that couldn't have happened. 8)

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 25, 2009, 07:47:34 PM
Quotejust don't make the same mistake like the AVP movies
But this is not AvP, this is Predator, the pest is gone now.

Quoteallot people said they were gonna be good after they saw some pictures and trailers and in the end, the movies disappointed and made allot of people mad.
Not me, maybe with the first one, yes, with AvP-R, i knew exactly what i was going to end up with, a 90 minute action romp instead of the 21/2 hour action epic that some were expecting, and therefore, i wasn't disappointed when i saw it, more like "I enjoyed it for what it was".

Quotebut the way I see things so far it's not looking good
For f**ks sake, what have we seen so far? Nothing, a 15 year old fan script and a character sheet, that already contradicts with the idea that Robert is using his old draft for it.

So why say "This will suck!" at this point in time? Ohh, because of the AvP's? So everything Alien/Predator related has to suck now?  :-\

If you have so little faith in this franchise then why join this site in the first place?

I do have little faith...movie wise, gaming wise I see hope. However I know that this movie could maybe resurrect the Predator franchise and I would be very happy after that and hope to God that they continue to make more good if not excellent sequels. If this and the new Alien movie turn out bad then all hope is lost I think cause everyone in Hollywood is gonna see the AVP/P/A as some bastardchild which is sad.

But to clarify myself again, I do hope this movie is gonna rock, and I know I haven't seen anything so for now let me just say; I'm reserving judgement.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI'm reserving judgement.
Aha, that sounds very different my friend.

Because saying "I reserve judgement" and saying "this will suck and i told you so!" are two totally different things at this point in time.

mjacobson

mjacobson

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 25, 2009, 08:07:27 PM
QuoteAnd if peeing makes it into the movie, then guess what? It's canon!
You mean like the newborn is canon, and one Predator killing 50 aliens with ease is canon, or that a pizza delivery guy killed an alien is canon? Or that the alien was on earth twice and still got f**ked over, which basically makes the whole "If the alien makes it to earth were f**ked!" thread in the alien movies a ridiculous thing to say is canon?

The way I see it is: each one is separate. Alien has its own canon (so yeah, the Newborn is canon in my view), Predator has its own and AvP has its own. But, in the end, canon means f*ck-all. You like what you like and hate what you hate. You can ignore it, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 25, 2009, 08:07:27 PM

You know, sometimes I can't tell if you're being sarcastic and snarky or not.

-Rakai'Thwei

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 25, 2009, 10:04:24 PM
QuoteI'm reserving judgement.
Aha, that sounds very different my friend.

Because saying "I reserve judgement" and saying "this will suck and i told you so!" are two totally different things at this point in time.

I still feel this movie will not be good cause of the script and all, but I will be more open minded for now till some more info and pictures/trailer comes out.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I'm sticking to my guns as well, untill I see pictures or a trailor, I'll only change my tune only if i see some good things.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

So I've got a stupid question. Do we know how close the new movie is to the script thats online? Cause I wanna read it, if it dosen't give way too much. Also could someone give me the link to the script?

out-at-night-mostly

out-at-night-mostly

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 14, 2009, 08:20:37 PM
Just have The Expendables fight The Predators and everyone will be happy no matter what. I know I would.

Along with a dutch demo, i gonna go and co-sign this even if it turn out meh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed