Recent posts

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2024, 02:48:07 AMMy favourite release of Alien is the 20th anniversary DVD; I loved the menus, and I think some of the extras have never been released again (such as the alternate audio tracks).

Picture quality wise you can't go past the 4K release.

I think the Anthology and Quad blu rays are the same discs, from memory, just packaged differently.

The 1999 DVD is also a favourite of mine: less cropping compared to later releases, and no black crush for the main feature. Just a pity the image is so soft.

Also, the original production audio, and another isolated music track, that I don't believe has been reissued since, are another reason to keep the DVD.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:31:25 PM
It is.
There's an outtake of Brett's death on the A:R doco?
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by 426Buddy - Today at 11:22:06 PM
Agreed...

Wait is the ending a queen burst or no?
Quote from: Nostromo on Today at 09:29:13 PMIs the 4k Alien menu the same as the Anthology Alien menu?

That's not good tho...that the two isolated soundtracks for the film's score appear to be out of sync with the video.

Anyone here have the Quadrilogy blu ray version? Trying to find out if it's Alien disc has the same menu as the Quad Alien DVD.

No. The ALIEN 4K has an all-new menu screen. It's just scenes from the film, with Goldsmith's creepy score over the top.

The two Goldsmith isolated tracks appear to be out of sync with the video. I checked it against the 2010 ANTHOLOGY ALIEN disc - which is fine.

If you still own the old 2003 Quadrilogy DVD set, I'd hang on to it. In addition to the original aspect ratio for the feature-length documentaries, an outtake from Brett's death, shown during a chapter on the Director, for the ALIEN RESURRECTION 3-hours documentary, has been replaced for the 2010 ANTHOLOGY 6-disc set. This outtake (to my knowledge) can't be found elsewhere (perhaps, also in the stand-alone 2003 DVD release for ALIEN RESURRECTION?).
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2...
Last post by SM - Today at 11:12:39 PM
A few years from now.
Can only guess it was to avoid confusion by giving it two names.  The script had a line from Van Leuwen telling Ripley "They call it Acheron now".  And I think the sign was also supposed to have 'Acheron' too.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 10:57:10 PM
Somebody said that they love the metal teeth and here I am thinking.. but they all have that metallic sheen, save for the Queen.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed