John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator

Started by Predator Collector, Aug 01, 2009, 07:36:00 AM

Author
John Carpenter's The Thing vs. Alien or Predator (Read 38,815 times)

Xenomrph

Also, the blood test was meant to force the Thing to expose itself, similar to how it exposed itself due to the difribulation when Norris "Thinged out" and took out Copper.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 11, 2009, 04:27:48 PM
Remember, Windows and Blair were infected through contact and not violent assimilation.

I'm not saying the assimilation process isn't violent, just that there's two ways to do it: passive and active.

Windows got his head swallowed and was thrashed around the room! How is that not violent!? As for Blair, one of the others must have gotten him, but we don't know how. All hell could have broken loose in that shed and no one would have been the wiser.

Xenomrph

I meant more in the sense of "100% total assimilation with tentacles and shit" like with the dogs and Bennings. Windows was bitten on the head and thrashed around, and then tossed against the wall. Several minutes later, he was a Thing. No full-body assimilation, no tentacles, it stands to reason he was "infected".

Blair was human when he was locked up in the shed, and then he wasn't human later when they check on him and he's asking to be let out and he's saying he's all better. We can account for the locations of all the other characters, so we know none of them got to Blair to duplicate him, which means Blair was infected when he was elbows-deep in Thing corpses that he thought were dead (but weren't).

And we know all hell didn't break loose in the shed because they check on it later and there isn't blood and stuff all over the walls :P

GrimyGhost

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 11, 2009, 08:57:24 PM

Blair was human when he was locked up in the shed, and then he wasn't human later when they check on him and he's asking to be let out and he's saying he's all better. We can account for the locations of all the other characters, so we know none of them got to Blair to duplicate him, which means Blair was infected when he was elbows-deep in Thing corpses that he thought were dead (but weren't).

Somwhow he was infected in the house or when he was doing a post-mortem on the thing, i think this because he was building a space ship...

Xenomrph

Yeah, that's what I mean - he wasn't actively taken over like Bennings or the dogs, he was infected via contact and slowly became a Thing over time. I bet he knew it, too - he goes from a raving lunatic who is shooting at people and trashing helicopters and tractors and radio equipment, to being calm and (semi) rational and asking to be let back inside because he's "all better".

GrimyGhost

i think when hes at the stage saying "im all better" he is the thing, trying to get inside to take over them all.

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 11, 2009, 04:27:48 PM
I'm not saying the assimilation process isn't violent, just that there's two ways to do it: passive and active.

Right. I strongly agree with that statement, and I also agree with your explanation on how Blair became infected.

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Aug 11, 2009, 09:40:44 PM
i think when hes at the stage saying "im all better" he is the thing, trying to get inside to take over them all.

That is highly possible. One of the reasons that I like this movie so much is it really makes you think. Great movie. 8)

Meathead320

Honestly, we really don't know a lot about TFAW.

It may have limitations to what it can/cannot infect/copy. I imagine it could infect a predator easily enough, not sure about the Alien. no idea what it has for an immune system, or exactly what they are made of. Event he Predator is still not proven it could infect.Then again, maybe it could. We don't know for sure, as we have had only one specimen to observe, and it infects human and mammal life easily enough. 

It may also have an Achilles' heel.

If it has none other than fire, and can infect anything, then that makes it virtually unstoppable. You could nuke it, but if even a tiny bit remains...

Predator Collector

Predator Collector

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 12, 2009, 01:28:18 AM
You could nuke it, but if even a tiny bit remains...

And that tiny bit of Thing wasn't completely dead, watch out! :o

Kel G 426

I want to see the Alien Queen battle a giant Thing behemoth.  That would be a hell of a fight!

ShadowPred

Giant THING Behemoth wins without any contest whatsoever.

Kel G 426

Says you.  Everyone should keep in mind that even if the Thing can't be killed outright, it can undoubtedly be beaten down to the point where it can't or won't fight anymore.  No flesh and blood creature is inexhaustible.  As for those who say the Thing could survive being nuked, even if a piece did remain, it would probably be dead from the explosion.  Remember that the Palmer and Blair monsters were both killed using dynamite.

ShadowPred

What i mean, every time i say that the thing wins....is that if any of these other creatures even so much as touch this THING, then they have lost the fight. Cus that's when it begins replicating the crap out of them....game over right there.

Predator Collector

You got that right, ShadowPred. ;D

Xhan

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 12, 2009, 09:50:30 PM
What i mean, every time i say that the thing wins....is that if any of these other creatures even so much as touch this THING, then they have lost the fight. Cus that's when it begins replicating the crap out of them....game over right there.

As long as it CAN assimilate them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed