Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 360,621 times)

DoomRulz

I once asked someone in this thread why he insisted that Bishop II is an android, despite just reading a quote from the filmmakers that he is human. The poster's reasoning was, "Because I want to and I don't care what they say."

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 20, 2014, 01:17:56 PM
In which case I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would think Bishop 'II' is a robot.  I hope all the people voting that he is are doing so because of AvP, otherwise I am bewildered.

Well, the whole argument really has been going on since Alien 3 , fans were divided back then between the two but couldn't seem to bothered to ask if he was something in between.

The way the ear hangs off as an open flap with a straight line at the top makes it seem like a prosthetic to me and then I might ask how much more of this person is a synthetic construct. I have no ultimate answer and no one does, although Henriksen played the character as a living human being.

Was it an "Is he or isn't he" situation as much as Henriksen is likely to say these days?

I wish that Terry Rawlings had been asked about it.

SM

SM

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Jan 20, 2014, 10:52:40 AM
bishop 2 anticipated the attack and dyed his milk red.

If he anticipated it, why didn't he defend himself?

The guy telegraphed it by yelling at him and everything.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jan 20, 2014, 09:31:41 PMIf he anticipated it, why didn't he defend himself?

The guy telegraphed it by yelling at him and everything.
Aaron yelled, "F**king android!"

Bishop II, as a super-secret undercover android, is programmed to ignore people calling him an android.

SM

SM

Curses...

FiorinaFury161

He would have answered to "artificial person" :laugh:

StrangeShape

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jan 20, 2014, 01:17:56 PM
In which case I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would think Bishop 'II' is a robot.  I hope all the people voting that he is are doing so because of AvP, otherwise I am bewildered.

Well, I can tell you why I always thought he was a droid up untill around 2005 when I read the Alien 3 novelization.

The movie did a very poor job inclining that hes human, I needed the filmmaker and the noveization to tell me he was. In the credits hes called Bishop II, as oppose to Bishop's Designer. having piece of his face hanging off and almost completely brushing off a hit to the head with a pipe aside, it seems weird to me that the med team didnt even give such supposed hot shot designer ANY sort of concern or medical attention. And yes, a person hit with a metal pipe in the head so hard that side of his face looks like terminator's should be knocked out cold.

Red blood means nothing at all. It was obvious that Ripley wuld first think hes another android since he looks like Bishop, they would then surely anticipate Ripley asking for some proof and the easiest way to recognize a synthetic is by white blood, Id be shocked or chalk nit up to bad writing if he had an actual white blood which would be a dead giveaway. I aso dont see how saying that hes human proves anything, or that him feeling occasional pain says anything. Bishop felt it too

From Lance's sinister performance through the point I pointed out like nobody from med team caring for him being hit to him withstanding a blow to the head, it all seemed rather clear in favor of him being a droid. The credits showing "Bishop II" underlined that thesis

But I really dont want to get into that circular debate again, just explaining why someone would think hes a droid

HuDaFuK

While I've always thought he's human, like you I can see why some people might think otherwise, and that post pretty much sums it up.

szkoki

szkoki

ok gimme a wrench and line up guys!!!  ;)

Quote from: SM on Jan 18, 2014, 04:55:44 AM
Quote from: Sgt. Apone on Jan 18, 2014, 04:24:29 AM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 18, 2014, 03:34:16 AM
Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Quote from: Master on Jan 18, 2014, 02:15:09 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM
So at the end of Alien 3, do you believe Bishop is really human or is just an android?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/avpgalaxy/avpg/forum/fc98e06d.jpg

For quite some time, I always believed it was an advanced android but it wasn't until AvP, somebody convinced me that he was really human.

365 people saying he is human? what are you on? after a shot like that to the head with that tool would you walk around talking and doing stuffs? plus with your ears blowed off??

I`m medical doctor, the answer is yes.
Obvious troll isn't very subtle.

SiL

SiL

The movie did everything it could to show he was human. Both androids up to that point had two distinct features: White blood, electronically altered voice when injured. Bishop II got smacked, bled red, spoke normally. They went out of their way to have a situation which would normally reveal him to be an android, and then failed to show any sign of being an android. The film could only have made it more obvious by pausing the shot and flashing a giant sign in the audience's face, "SEE? HE'S A HUMAN!"

Elmazalman

Just a thought,if Bishop 2 wasn't human,then he could be a Blade Runner style replicant,not a synthetic.

SM

SM

Why?

Elmazalman

He appeared to be tougher than the average human,bled the red stuff and showed pain,and still managed to be lucid enough to carry on a conversation after the blow he received.

SM

SM

So nothing a human couldn't do.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 20, 2014, 03:55:07 AM
Quote from: Master on Jan 18, 2014, 02:15:09 PM
365 people saying he is human? what are you on? after a shot like that to the head with that tool would you walk around talking and doing stuffs? plus with your ears blowed off??

I`m medical doctor, the answer is yes.

/thread

Let's try this again.

/thread

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed