Started by Frosty Venom, Feb 03, 2019, 05:38:05 AM

Author
Nostromo Revisited (Read 20,550 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Do it I say.

Monster Man

Monster Man

Man, this thread reminds me of that EU story where they send an Alien Synth to steal royal jelly from alien hives. Metaphorically speaking, anyway.

Local Trouble

judge death

judge death

Can confirm that most of alien theory´s videos since 4 months back are of this nature that he finds facts and reads it up, copying it and with zero effort make any job on it.
Since he has big enough audience to be paid by youtube he is focusing on releasing videos often so his watchers keep watching, its his job now and he wont change anything until he is sued or his audience leaves. Maybe do some damage control at max which his last showing up here was.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring, considering Hybrid Network/HN has been brought up here (didn't read this thread until today). First off, I do apologize for not leaving a citation in the description for several of the Alien/Predator lore videos that were produced over the last year or so. I remember talking privately with The Cruentus in 2017 after HN had been dragged a bit on the forums for not citing, and we squashed it back then. If he thinks I tried to slight him and revert to not citing that isn't the case, most of the Predator lore videos from last year were not produced by myself so that was an oversight on my part, not giving the content producers a heads up. I've also been friendly with Hicks, RidgeTop, and the AvP Galaxy crew for a while now. Even met up with RidgeTop and PO Podcast at the recent 40th anniversary shorts thing at Fox.

Secondly, looking back when I was initially making lore videos in 2016/2017 I do regret not properly citing sources in the videos or description areas. To be honest, I haven't really made any lore stuff in a while I kinda lost my interest in it after some drama went down in Feb after we ran a report on the Alien TV series. With regards to my background with the franchises, I've always been a big fan of both. When I started making videos back in 2016 our channel didn't really cover that stuff, but eventually they came around and I got to talk about stuff I was really interested in. It was mostly theory stuff or questions I personally had after watching the films, then it went into specific lore stuff. Regardless, it's been a while since I have addressed anything so I do want to apologize to Huda, Cruentus, SM, and whoever has been involved with contributing to the wiki information or material like the CMTM.

Anyways, TLDR version: I have messaged The Cruentus about this again, and I have made updates to the videos that were not properly cited over the last year or so. From now on though, instead of just adding an attribution in the description box, I will add a note directly on screen during the video if I'm using specific information from these sources. Hope you guys will hear me out and I don't get eviscerated.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

A lot of this could have been avoided simply by not copying from our wiki in the first place or indeed any other source that gets read word for word, look at AVPgalaxy, their videos have been original so far and are better for it, good presentation, original take on information and as such the video is deserving of respect.

If there is more than one person involved in that channel then they need to get with the program and learn that plagiarism is a dick move, one that I have finally run out of patience for and no longer tolerate. Especially since multiple youtubers have taken the liberty of doing so. Which is necessitating my plan to do my own lore videos which if anyone finds familiar (because it will be based on our wiki to ensure folks know where that info is coming from), I will have to explain to them the reason why. I don't want to sink low by naming and shaming but neither do I want to keep on seeing multiple user's contributions being constantly stolen, especially when the plagiarists can make money from it even if indirectly.

I appreciete you want to sort it out, I really do, especially since the last plagiarist was essentially denying it despite actual evidence presented to him but since monetization comes from subscribers and view count, money is getting made (even if indirect) from our wiki.
While citing and giving attribution to all sources on the necessary videos will go a long way and I do hope you do that, in future I think it will be best if our wiki does not get read word for word at all, no matter if its tiny paragraph or even a simply sentence. And yes, citations should be in the video too, not just in the description because youtube viewers are notorious for ignoring that.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Well, I'd like to make peace now. So like I mentioned, if I'm using specific info from Xenopedia then I'll make sure to credit it on screen.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That needs to be retroactive as well, as for future uses, I would rather it not be taken from Xenopedia. Best just to be original in future videos. Since I plan on making a channel for the wiki, any future video with information from us would potentially be redundant since I would be uploading it myself.

Whos_Nick

Whos_Nick

Yeah that's why I said "if"

But when I eventually tackle some new stuff it's gonna be ideas I've had kicking around a while

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The APC has finally been explained.  Any signs of plagiarism?

SM

SM

This or another Kroft video... decisions, decisions...

Does he EXPLAIN why the APC is backwards in the thumbnail?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's the southpaw model, obviously.

SM

SM

Ah, right.  So you can read the rego in your rearview mirror more easier.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I didn't bother listening to much of it, but bits were definitely lifted verbatim from the wiki.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 12, 2020, 09:00:37 AM
I didn't bother listening to much of it, but bits were definitely lifted verbatim from the wiki.
Huh. Who'd have guessed?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed