Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 23, 2016, 11:30:27 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Release Pulled Forward & Fox Offers First Glimpse Of The Alien (Read 78,058 times)

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Daz1999 on Nov 24, 2016, 06:40:31 PM
Love this poster  :)

Just knowing the Alien is in this is enough for me, even if this film is crap at least an Alien lit by Ridley will look beautiful, I'll take that all day long

Fox really wants fans to KNOW there is an Alien in this film. They want no confusion or debate. No one thinking they may not get to see one, like they did in Prometheus. I actually wish this could just be called COVENANT because I think that's what RS probably WANTS to call the film, but I suspect tagging ALIEN before COVENANT is coming from a PR standpoint at FOX.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 25, 2016, 07:15:26 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2016, 07:11:09 AM
People turning into eggs... might as well just say the xenomorphs have magic transformation powers at that point.

And here I was thinking I was alone. I agree so much. The idea that they could turn a complex organism like a human into something like an egg with various components is puzzling and doesn't gel well with me. The queen was organic and inevitable.

I got news for you, there is an organic compound in this series that transforms everything into monsters.

Hek

i hope ist not the bad aliensuit from AVP and Alien Ressurection. I hope they create a new xenomorph style

BishopShouldGo

No. Ridley wants it called Alien: Covenant. He's in his "competing with Star Wars" mode lol. He wants to make an Alien film. He wants to explore the xenomorph. He's back to loving the Alien lol.

Lol yeah the black goo transforming someone into a monster is easier to reconcile than a person turning morphing into an egg at least to me. It's all good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 25, 2016, 06:53:57 AM
Eh, since I've never been able to see the skull in the movie, I consider it largely non-essential. But then again, I think egg morphing is stupid, but whatever.

You mentioned this somewhere earlier as well but I'm too lazy to go find and quote that post. The skull just isn't visible in the film. Someone once had a go at me for mentioning the skull on Facebook because he had no idea about the behind the scenes stuff.

Personally, I love the skull. I find the empty face as creepy as I find the complete lack of recognisable features. There's just something about those empty eye sockets that I find creepy as hell. Personally I wish they'd have used something like the cowl-less head for the Newborn. The only part of the PredAlien design I really like is the Predator-skull underneath.

As for eggmorphing. I find that pretty creepy. It's a little bit of a stretch but if butterflies can do it...  :laugh: Going forward, there's the whole accelerant angle though. Depends on what they decide it is is capable of and what it does.

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Nov 25, 2016, 08:11:15 AM
No. Ridley wants it called Alien: Covenant. He's in his "competing with Star Wars" mode lol. He wants to make an Alien film. He wants to explore the xenomorph. He's back to loving the Alien lol.

From what I understand, he's more interested in David. 10 guesses where the Alien angle has come from? I really hope the development of the film is covered really well in the BR.

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 24, 2016, 10:16:11 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2016, 12:08:06 AM
Quote from: Enoch on Nov 24, 2016, 12:05:16 AM
Executives think Covenant will do great, just heard that.

Heard they liked the cut they were shown too.
How do you know that guys? :) Anyway, I hope you're right.

We know folk.  ;)  :P

Eggman

Guy what we all should mind is that the "ALIEN " in "ALIEN are just that "ALIEN " to everything we know so you say that they can't turn ppl to eggs

Kronnang_Dunn

While I love the poster design per se, I think it was a big mistake to already show the classic xeno head in all its glory. This should have been the great twist of the film, the return of the classic alien.

Instead of the head, I would have used only a close up of the slimy TEETH of the xeno in the middle of the very dark background...  the tagline RUN is kinda cool though.  ;D  8)

windebieste

Scott had already commented that the Big Chap was going to be in 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  In this regard, the poster is nothing new.  If anything, it's verification of what we've already been told.

-Windebieste.

Chris!(($$))!

Things must be going well development wise for this to have happened, right? Just half a year away. They better not make a similar mistake to what Scorsese just did by releasing the first trailer for his next film less than 30 days before release... I mean I'll still be seeing Silence but the general audience has less than 30 days to find out about it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:32:14 AM
Scott had already commented that the Big Chap was going to be in 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  In this regard, the poster is nothing new.  If anything, it's verification of what we've already been told.

I imagine we're going to see a lot of creature emphasise in the lead up to Covenant, especially of the traditional Alien.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 25, 2016, 09:32:26 AM
Things must be going well development wise for this to have happened, right? Just half a year away. They better not make a similar mistake to what Scorsese just did by releasing the first trailer for his next film less than 30 days before release... I mean I'll still be seeing Silence but the general audience has less than 30 days to find out about it.

Behind the scenes chatter seems to incidicate it's all going really well and shooting went really well. As for trailer, I don't think it'll be left that late. I still expect the trailer by December and I know they shot a bunch of virals again.

Lexxdog

Was there not a mural on the wall off the Alien on the wall off the juggernaut in Prometheus so David can not be the one that makes them

Corporal Hicks

There was something Alien-like (I still think it looked more like the Deacon) in the mural but I don't think it looked like the Alien.

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 25, 2016, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2016, 09:32:14 AM

I imagine we're going to see a lot of creature emphasise in the lead up to Covenant, especially of the traditional Alien.

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Nov 25, 2016, 09:32:26 AM

Behind the scenes chatter seems to incidicate it's all going really well and shooting went really well. As for trailer, I don't think it'll be left that late. I still expect the trailer by December and I know they shot a bunch of virals again.

Logical marketing would say a trailer is coming soon but just imagine if we never got one ... (of course that will never happen) but just imagine for one second going in totally blind to see Alien Covenant without any knowledge from a trailer (bar some leaked set photos and a few snippets from the actors).

whiterabbit

The alien and deacon are cousins right? Well in any case it's likely they both come from whatever's on the wall. Alien: Covenant probably stars the thing on the wall, plus a few modified nasties. What I'm hoping for is the alien on the poster being the exact same beast in the mural. As in the forerunner to the engineers rise.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed