Bad Blood Predator height?

Started by (Bad Blood), Apr 30, 2020, 12:16:02 PM

Author
Bad Blood Predator height? (Read 2,177 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hello everyone! I was curious your thoughts on the height of the Bad Blood Predator from the comic Predator: Bad Blood? He appeared much larger than a usual predator when next to an average sized man. Here are some reference photos with one being a plastic version of the character to show his mask:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

An upgraded Super Predator perhaps?  ;D

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

That's exactly what I was thinking! Im glad that more than one person thinks that and I definitely agree. Thank you for your reply!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 30, 2020, 01:04:51 PM

Be careful with usage of words ! Hicks might be watching !

Wysps

Wysps

Someone's been juicing up  :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

For what it's worth, the action figure has him at "regular" Predator height. The height in the comic artwork could be exaggeration for dramatic effect or artistic license.

In my head I never really thought of him as any taller than any other Predator (despite the artwork) and didn't really notice it in the art until you pointed it out.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 30, 2020, 01:44:08 PM

Be careful with usage of words ! Hicks might be watching !

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

I think that the bad blood was indeed massive, far larger than those from the films, and I think the Yautja skulls on his knees and shoulders are an indication of that. There have been a few massive preds from the comics over the years. The short story Gameworld from "If It Bleeds" seems to imply that the more human apportioned yauts may even be juveniles and like some snakes they can just keep growing indefinitely, The new OWLF recordings from Hunting Grounds seem to speculate along these same lines as well, with analysis of the hand left behind from Predator 2 leading scientists t believe that the city hunter was on the young side, no more than 300 years old. The oldest yauts we've seen over the years were speculated to be around 1000, but they were both closer to humans in stature. However, like humans spread out across the earth and became more diversified in traits, it's likely that Yautja clans spread among different worlds and stars would become even more diverse over time. Also, just like modern transhumanists, there's no reason to believe yauts couldn't, wouldn't, or haven't modified themselves in pursuit of dominance. 

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

While I can understand that artist depiction of characters in comics can be very inconsistent or over exaggerated, I just could not ignore it in this comic. In every panel with him next to the enforcer predator he was always bigger/taller as well. He also must be quite large and strong and skilled as he was able to eliminate 7 yautja/predators in the comic, one being the enforcer and 6 others on the ship as well as 64 humans, 41 armed/trained humans, 23 unarmed Humans, with a total of 71 enemies dispatched. Which beats the City Hunter from predator 2 who has the most on screen enemies defeated, who had defeated a total of 31 armed/trained humans. It took a while to get these numbers haha.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

The other fun thing unique to this big mofo, aside from his super edgy 90's tats and piercings, his his propensity to use his Prehensile feet during melees, beheadings and eviscerations. Predator feet are featured far too infrequently in the franchise.

I'd like to think that the reason he fled to Earth in the first place is because he always longed to see a live GWAR concert.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

I certainly concur! as you really don't ever see them using their feet as weapons all that much if ever before or after this guy. Hahaha! I can understand his excitement for GWAR. I went to their show in Seattle in 2008 at the Showbox Sodo and It was awesome to say the least.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Hahaha, NOICE.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed