Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 16, 2015, 05:13:54 PM

Author
Official release date, synopsis and logo revealed (Read 54,473 times)

Ultramorph

Very cool to have a synopsis and release date.
Spoiler
I assume they'll address what happens to Shaw. It wouldn't surprise me if she winds up being the protagonist of the third movie.  Hopefully we get some cool space horror.
[close]

Kel G 426

I'm not. Check his posts.

Perfect-Organism

Cool.

Well there goes the canon continuity of Rage War I think.  In Rage War humanity only explored a fraction of the galaxy.  Here we are on the far side of the galaxy.  The far side!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 16, 2015, 06:38:57 PM
I'm not. Check his posts.

You don't agree with him. That's fine. Let's all try and be civil please. That includes you too Beatnation. Thanks guys.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I wish they would keep a good title for the movie for once. I like the Paradise Lost title so much better. October 2017 is a much better date then a May 2017 release date. Hard to believe I will be a member on AVPG for 10 years in 2017  :o . Feels like yesterday when AVPR was coming out.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2015, 06:39:13 PM
Cool.

Well there goes the canon continuity of Rage War I think.  In Rage War humanity only explored a fraction of the galaxy.  Here we are on the far side of the galaxy.  The far side!

Maybe it's a Fiennes ship? But in all seriousness, it would shock me if this movie is set long after the first movie.

Corporal Hicks

That said, it doesn't really mention the timeline. I'd be curious as to where it fits into the continuity.

sugarhigh

My bet is on Shaw becoming the fossilized engineer in the dericict. David convinces her to re attach his head, he overpowers her etc......

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: sugarhigh on Nov 16, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
My bet is on Shaw becoming the fossilized engineer in the dericict. David convinces her to re attach his head, he overpowers her etc......

I certainly hope not.

axorrr

axorrr

--------------Nope. The derelict is fossilized, which means it has been there for hundreds, if not thousands of years.

DualBlade

DualBlade

Alien Covenant ... can not wait.  ;D  ;D

I'm curious about Noomi Rapace. She being human there can be NO way she survives space rough s climates, something I'm sure will happen to her ... some BAD!!!

I'm glad to see David coming back ... in what FORM though, this will be interesting.

A NEW rouge of heros awaits, the ship going into uncharted territories ... OOOO BOY!!

Going to show so much love for this film when it comes out.

Then next ... Alien 5

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 16, 2015, 06:43:03 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 16, 2015, 06:39:13 PM
Cool.

Maybe it's a Fiennes ship? But in all seriousness, it would shock me if this movie is set long after the first movie.

I noticed this as well...

Maybe there have been those very rare instances humanity ventured far beyond the Human Sphere?

Afterall, the Founders did it. And of course, the Fiennes ships.

Maybe what happens in Covenant, would convince the powers that be to slow down our expansion into space a notch, as going In with haste can make us meet unspeakable horrors without being ready for them.

windebieste

Totally on board with this.

This is much more progressive and an inclusive direction for the series to take than Blomkamp's vanity driven sentimentalist retcon nonsense that only served to be divisive to the series.

Progress is forward looking; not backwards.

Just to clarify, I think Blomkamp  would be a great choice for an 'ALIEN 5' movie.  Just his initial proposal is 30 years too late and blows chunks in 2015.  I can see him making 'ALIEN 5' one day.  ...with Aliens.  ...and USCM.  Let it be a tangential sequel to 'ALINS' that runs parallel to the event depicted in the 3rd movie; but for God's sake, really.   No matter how you look at it, Rippers and Hicks are history.

Bring on 'ALIEN: Covenant'.  Looking forward to this sooo much.

-Windebieste.

CainsSon

CainsSon

They have to explain Shaw in some way. Maybe David contacts the human race and tells them to come there. Maybe he ISN'T the sole survivor and that's part of the surprise. Either way, you can bet David has learned a thing or two about this world they are heading to and that it's gone to his head.

Sounds a bit like SUNSHINE and THE BLACK HOLE.

Also ISLAND of DR MOREAU and FRANKENSTEIN if I'm getting the right thing out of this synopsis. David being a Victor Frankenstein or Dr Moreau type of character and the new travelers being the unwitting participants.

Perhaps instead of The ISLAND OR DR. MOREAU, we have The PLANT of Android DAVID.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: CainsSon on Nov 16, 2015, 07:33:53 PM
They have to explain Shaw in some way. Maybe David contacts the human race and tells them to come there. Maybe he ISN'T the sole survivor and that's part of the surprise. Either way, you can bet David has learned a thing or two about this world they are heading to and that it's gone to his head.

I can easily imagine David contacting a colony ship in order to obtain human Guinea pigs for his experiments. "Come to coordinates xxxx-xxxx-xxx, it's Paradise, we have have balmy beaches with palm trees and piƱa coladas".  :)

I assume this film will be larger in scope than Prometheus with a pretty hefty body-count if we're talking about an entire ship full of colonists.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed