I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,239 times)

mastermoon

Quote from: Snowdog on Mar 20, 2012, 03:33:05 PM
Quote from: mastermoon on Mar 20, 2012, 03:26:09 PM
AVPR has used way too many homages, thats overkill did they really need to make homages to the Alien and Predator movies.

Exact same mistake they made with Predators.

Has anyone ever listed all the homages Predators did?.

I still think Predators is better then AVPR.

predxeno

AVPR has used way too many homages, thats overkill did they really need to make homages to the Alien and Predator movies.

Don't you hate it when movies do that; it totally kills any realism the story may have had.

Snowdog

Quote from: mastermoon on Mar 20, 2012, 03:35:50 PM
Quote from: Snowdog on Mar 20, 2012, 03:33:05 PM

Exact same mistake they made with Predators.

Has anyone ever listed all the homages Predators did?.

I still think Predators is better then AVPR.

It's a lot better but it still has way to many homages wich almost ruined the movie. It could've been so much better with almost the same story.

mastermoon

Doing too much homages gets really annoying >:(, atleast "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" did not use too much homages.

Prime113

I must be alone on this, but I had no problem with the amount of homages in AVP:R or Predators.  :-\

Snowdog

I'm quite done with homages tbh, make an original movie. if i want to relive scenes from excisting movies i'll just watch that movie.

Prime113

Quote from: Snowdog on Apr 03, 2012, 10:00:01 PM
I'm quite done with homages tbh, make an original movie. if i want to relive scenes from excisting movies i'll just watch that movie.

:laugh: :laugh: I don't think you can be done with homages, man. Not like you have control of what they put into the movies.

Gosutoraida

There is an excuse for Predators though. It's a sequel to Predator but also reboots it, it's not uncommon for sequel reboots to take direct homages from other previous installments. A good example is Scream 4, not only was it a sequel but it also re-establishes the rules from the films.

Terx2

Quote from: mastermoon on Mar 08, 2012, 03:27:35 PM
AVPR is way too dark but has anyone made the TV brighter to see the movie better.

I have a personal setting I use when I watch it on my computer. Theres normal, power saver and AVPR ;D

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Apr 03, 2012, 10:40:06 PM
There is an excuse for Predators though. It's a sequel to Predator but also reboots it, it's not uncommon for sequel reboots to take direct homages from other previous installments. A good example is Scream 4, not only was it a sequel but it also re-establishes the rules from the films.

This. I didn't mind a few homages like in predators but AVPR went overboard. Also try making some original music instead of remastering old music from a much better film.

hunterelf

wow, thanks for all the replies, i thought this thread was removed, turns out it was moved to the AVP section.

Prime113

We got your back, brah!

hunterelf

hunterelf

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Apr 03, 2012, 10:40:06 PM
AVPR is MUCH better than Predators by a loooong shot. i was actually one of the first few people here to "review" the movie http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=33082.0;topicseen
What worked in the first predator movie, they try to do it again and failed.
for me, AVPR is a popcorn flick that i can enjoy(just because of wolf) from time to time, watching Predators is like watching man vs wild but without the awesomeness. I just tend to think it's canon in the saga.
and why is it better than AVP
-it's not directed by Paul Shite Anderson
-no teenage predators with goofy eyes and pink mouths
-predator taking on multiple aliens
-no team ups

SM

SM

I'm suprised anyone would rate Predators over AvP:Poo.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2012, 05:44:10 AM

Well you're going to get a real shocker.

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2012, 05:44:10 AM

You hate Predators more than AVPR?  Wow.  I've never heard that before. :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed