Season Pass Details

Started by ikarop, Jan 29, 2013, 05:28:32 PM

Author
Season Pass Details (Read 33,642 times)

ikarop

ikarop

QuoteHungry for more Aliens: Colonial Marines? Purchase the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and get access to four downloadable content packages at a 33% discount! All add-on content packs are scheduled to be released from March through to summer 2013. The Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass will give you access to campaign content, additional multiplayer maps, new modes, character customization and more!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/aliens-colonial-marines-season-pass/107753#productDetails

Predaker

Predaker

Sweet beans of glory.

Bounds34

Bounds34

dumb question but this is for PS3 and/or xbox right? Not just PC I hope. It didnt specify, just curious.

Jay Thomas

Jay Thomas

If this extra content has already been created, it should be included in the game imo. I think we've waited long enough.

I don't really play online, so multiplayer maps etc don't interest me, but I'll purchase more campaign content.

WinterActual

WinterActual

So its for sure - NO SDK ON THE WAY! Let's the milking begin!

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: thewoozy on Jan 29, 2013, 05:51:44 PM
If this extra content has already been created, it should be included in the game imo. I think we've waited long enough.

I don't really play online, so multiplayer maps etc don't interest me, but I'll purchase more campaign content.

I'm going to give GBX and Sega the benefit of the doubt and say that they probably began production of DLC after the major parts of the main game were finished. Probably sometime this fall or just before they went gold. So the first few DLC releasees are probably being worked on now or are finishing up.

Multiple releases over a period of months is also an incentive to entice new customers or bring players back into the game every few months, that is of course assuming the game isn't a flop in the first place.

I'm curious if this is a gamestop only offer or if Steam and other stores will have this pack available.

Jay Thomas

Jay Thomas

@newbeing

I hope you're right. I really do.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

And queue the whining.  All major games have to have dlc ready prior to release. This kind of discount is standard and a nice inclusion. Nice to know they've got a good chunk ready.

Remonster

Remonster

The DLC isn't completed, hence why it isn't in the game. Not everyone at a studio works on the same part of a game at the same time. So while the game goes into the testing stage, other people can start work on DLC to be released later down the line. That's why DLC has staggered release dates, it's all constantly being worked on in one war or another. Hence the DLC coming out in march and beyond, rather than right after release.

Now, if the content is on the disc and you simply need to pay to unlock it, then yeah, that's a big load of bull.

Predaker

Predaker

Exciting news to know we will be getting additional campaign content, new maps, new modes, and more.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Additional campaign content you say?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Makes me feel giddy  about how games are created and how they will continually provide  ample content to enjoy whilst still being apart of the 1st person campaign. Considering its not a Open world game  this content provides no nonsense additions to the game and replay value. Although how much of it is worth to mention. Not just a 'room' but an actual mission which takes 2 or 3 hours to complete.
Paying for it now seems questionable as we will never know what were going to get.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 29, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Yes the description says access to campaign content, new maps, new modes, new customizations and more. I hope we get a Vasquez skin.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 29, 2013, 06:40:10 PM
Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 29, 2013, 06:30:43 PM

Yes the description says access to campaign content, new maps, new modes, new customizations and more. I hope we get a Vasquez skin.

I'm rooting for Big Head Directors!

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Son of a bitch! That sounds awesome, Okay i want a Ellen Ripley skin and an alternative skin how she looked in alien 3, dat bald head! Please add vasquez!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed