Engineers - worst retcon in the history of cinema

Started by 180924609, Jul 01, 2012, 05:35:36 PM

Author
Engineers - worst retcon in the history of cinema (Read 32,882 times)

From this...

To this...

MrSpaceJockey

I think the scene with the dissection of the head to find out that it was a helmet was quite nicely done myself.

thecaffeinatedone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c#ws

Considering what they were: Humanoid Figures that were meant to be aliens, I thought they pulled that off pretty well, being a hard line to balance between human and alien characteristics. I certainly found it leagues ahead of the mutant Fifield and Fool/Jester/Imp/Dunce Deacon-Alien. But you know...just my .02 USD, mang.

Virgil

Yet another thread about this?!

MrSpaceJockey

Dont be surprised...as soon as this thread briefly disappears to the 2nd page of the Prometheus threads nother will take its place.

xii22loop

atleast its being acknowledged that what happened was indeed a retcon plain and simple.

BANE

There are all sorts of possible reasons for this. I think the one I'm inclined to go with is, if the ship on LV-426 was there before the events on LV-223, then it could be an older model of the suit, explaining why it's less 'sleek'.

zoidy

Worst retcon? Not even close.

Greedo was an engineer!

Cvalda

180924609, please, enough.

You're making those of us who've more legitimate issues with the film look bad.

Promethée

Well, that's why they should have left the space jockeys alone in this movie.
The engineers and the fat creature shouldn't be the same,

maybe it was possible to imagine that the "elefant" on the chair was a bio-mechanical creation, used to operate the spaceship like a bio-mech Hal  9000.
being part mechanical and part biological would explain the appearance of the xenomorphs and the feel that their design is so similar to the spaceship itself.

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 01, 2012, 06:39:58 PM
180924609, please, enough.

You're making those of us who've more legitimate issues with the film look bad.

I havent started yet.

Nightmare Asylum

Another one of these threads???

The original design from Alien didn't work with the story Ridley wanted to tell in Prometheus so he took SOMETHING FROM HIS OWN MOVIE, modified it, and made it slightly different to work in the new film. Yes, its a reton. Yes, we all know that. No, we do not all feel the same way about the topic as you do. And I'm sure that even the people who agree with you don't feel the need for another one of these complaint threads.

Personally, I like the Engineers as they are depicted in Prometheus, and it doesn't make me love the original Space Jockey from Alien any less.

Quote from: Highland on Jul 01, 2012, 07:42:04 PM
Engineers were brilliant.

This thread and the OP are retarded.

Nuff said really.

'Engineers were brilliant' = ZERO comprehension and low IQ.

They repeatedly came to Earth and reveal the location of their 'superior' technology = RETARDED.

They make a terraforming complex that produces breathable air and then store a deadly air-activated  bio-weapon within it = RETARDED.

They don rigid space suits in a dumb pilot seat that does fvk all, in a room that MUST always contain an air atmosphere (otherwise the flute remote control wont work) - but then take it off when wandering about outside in an unbreathable atmosphere = RETARDED.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed