Altar Bowl / Green Crystal

Started by 180924609, Jun 17, 2012, 09:42:58 PM

Author
Altar Bowl / Green Crystal (Read 12,131 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 18, 2012, 08:42:04 PM
first time I saw it thought I could see something inside.

I did too.

Because you're like me.

Spoiler
A digger.

Spoiler
And we don't blame people for there mistakes... but we do ask that they pay for them.

Spoiler
And we make wacom paintings so astounding that they'll capture the imagination of the entire planet.

[close]
[close]
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Thank you.

Don't get cheap on me Dodgson.

That was Ridley's mistake.

Eva

Eva

If they decided to tone down the 'religious implications' somewhat, not only when they hammered out the screenplay but also during the shoot, it sort of makes sense that they exchanged the bowl with a green gemstone-like object. I mean, the whole Xeno mural is essentially mimicking altars of worship we know from our own major religions, including a pose similar to the traditional crucifixion pose.

I don't think we are meant to speculate in great detail about why they went with a green gemstone...

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jun 18, 2012, 11:46:08 PM
Thank you.
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsF/5631.gif
Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 19, 2012, 01:16:22 PM
Don't get cheap on me Dodgson.
That was Ridley's mistake.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n549/smarty9000/prometheus5/nedry_ampules.jpg

Just as long as you know better not to turn off the Deacon fences.

Quote from: Eva on Jun 19, 2012, 03:30:48 PM
I mean, the whole Xeno mural is essentially mimicking altars of worship we know from our own major religions, including a pose similar to the traditional crucifixion pose.

They had it so wrong. The Engineer wasn't Jesus after all ...

Sharp Sticks

Eva

Eva

Bat Chain - you are killing me  :laugh:

Bingo!

Xeno DNA.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 19, 2012, 10:33:10 PM
Just as long as you know better not to turn off the Deacon fences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBxgAmdPQWg#ws

Highland

Highland

ha ha , some of these are awesome.

Weird though, I just brought up JP in another thread without reading this one before hand.

AnthonyWC70788

AnthonyWC70788

I dont know.... in theater when it first showed, I was left thinking about it for minutes later, wondering would they come back to it or something, like it would be important, and now I am still left thinking what that represented you know, almost like some sort of asteroid type object that has something black in it like the exact same thing from the urns and all and then it is right in front of the Xeno type mural. Definitely something that I think needs to be referenced or come back to in the sequel hopefully you know... Anthony

therealdavid8

therealdavid8

it's important.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed