Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 121,787 times)

Wysps

I see where you're coming from.  Certain races have already been shown to exist though.  It's whether the writers want to take the time to "uncover" said alien race(s) in their stories.  Also keeping in that that this is the Predator side, not AVP or Alien.  Some continuity is useful, but just like Drukathi in the Rage War comics, authors will include elements to their stories that they deem necessary to propel their own narratives, and not necessarily what fits best with the Alien canon.   

BountyHunter

Just finished!! This was the best anthology in the history of anthologies!! Roll on the next one, and the AvP one, and more after that!!

BryanThomasS

Thanks. May get 1 more antho but the movie's lackluster reception throws future fiction into question.

Ultramorph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Sep 18, 2018, 05:45:56 PM
Thanks. May get 1 more antho but the movie's lackluster reception throws future fiction into question.

Damn that sucks to hear.  :'(

Russ840

That does suck. I really meant me some Bryan edited Predator stories.

Wysps

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Sep 18, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

Ugh. Well, that would be expected but still very unfortunate  :-\ I truly hope that ends up not being the case.

Corporal Hicks

Alien seems to be surviving Covenant, hopefully Predator will survive a poor performance of the The Predator.

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's a completely different situation in all honesty- no matter how much they want to be connected they have very different lineages, box office popularity and academic interest.

EJA

I'd love an AVP prose anthology.

BryanThomasS

Just repeating what Titan told me. Their license is up soon and depends how Disney treats it and if they gauge it as cost effective to continue. But we were to discuss new projects this week and they put it off.

Ultramorph

I hope Disney doesn't do anything rash. The expanded universe is the last place for these franchises to go if the films keep disappointing at the box office.

felix

I am also hoping the Expanded Universe continues into 2019 and beyond.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Sep 20, 2018, 11:41:44 PM
Just repeating what Titan told me. Their license is up soon and depends how Disney treats it and if they gauge it as cost effective to continue. But we were to discuss new projects this week and they put it off.

Is that both Alien and Predator?

HuDaFuK

Yeah, here's hoping Titan gets to keep the licence. I've generally really enjoyed their output.

What was the deal with the Star Wars novels when that went over to Disney? Did they change publishers at all?

Still Collating...

I've been loving the original Titan novels, it's really been a breath of fresh air for both the Alien and Predator franchise these past few years. Not all of them were perfect, but I consistently enjoy the novels more than the recent movies, most of the comics and even some of the games. I mean, the most recent novels have really done it for me, The Cold Forge is one the best things I've read in a while and going through the Pred anthology now, I can say it's fantastic.

Just because the movies have bad/lazy writers and the movies don't perform as well as the studio hoped they would, doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with the novels. The good novels (and other EU material) shouldn't suffer because the movies keep making stupid decisions.

Was very happy to hear we're getting an Alien Isolation novel, hope it's done well. If we could get just one more novel/antho, I'd really like to see an AVP anthology given a try where both species are treated respectfully. If a predator hugs an alien, pred becomes mince meat. If an alien is faced by a pred at long range, alien is roasted. A lot can be done by just thinking of specific situations where one has an advantage over the other and vice versa, not to mention the numbers of each species and the skill level of the individuals.

I hope Disney doesn't do anything rash. Whatever the future of these franchises may be, I've really enjoyed Titans run so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed