Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 834,876 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Rocketman

Pitch Black

Dark Fury

The Chronicles of Riddick

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 17, 2023, 04:16:29 PMRocketman

Pitch Black

Dark Fury

The Chronicles of Riddick
One of these things, is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy (2017)

I had forgotten that every other line was either crap exposition or an unfunny joke.

Prez

Prez

Puss in Boots - The Last Star
Great sequel. The animators seem to have taken a leaf out of the look and tone of the Spiderverse. Beautiful looking film and played with real charm by a great cast.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Knock at the Cabin (2023)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Ant-Man & The Wasp: Quantumania
Now i did enjoy this, was a fun film and alot better than Thor 4. The opening though was very rushed, could have done another 20 minutes at least. Majors absolutely rules this movie

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Inside Man (2006)

Great heist movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Twister

Entertaining, if disposable.

Stitch

Stitch

Attempted to watch Skinamarink because I'd heard really good things about it. Turned it off after 17 minutes because it was so boring. Just did not click with me.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I liked this quite a bit, just needed better setup than what we got in the first ten minutes. Not as good as the first Ant-Man, but way better than the second.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Lost City of Z

Beautiful.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Knock at the Cabin

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Since I started rewatching these, I've been wondering whether I like the first or the third the least. Having now seen them all, I can comfortably say this is my least favourite. But what actually annoys me the most about it is that some of it is in fact so damn good - the world-building's probably the best of the series and everything Tina Turner is fantastic - but it just falls of a cliff at the midway point and never recovers. Plus it lacks that quirky Australian feel that made the other three so unique, replaced by an inescapable sense of having been Hollywood-ised. Even Mel Gibson doesn't really feel like the same character as in the first two.

Oh yeah, this one also has perhaps my favourite post-apocalyptic car designs in the franchise (more unhinged and cobbled-together than Mad Max 2, but less fanciful and over-the-top than Fury Road), which makes it all the more depressing that when they're finally unleashed in the final chase the whole sequence feels so lame and tacked-on. Just a huge disappointment and wasted opportunity.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Madness of King George

"You performed an illegal wedding." "And he only paid me ten pounds!"  :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 21, 2023, 10:47:02 AMMad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Since I started rewatching these, I've been wondering whether I like the first or the third the least. Having now seen them all, I can comfortably say this is my least favourite. But what actually annoys me the most about it is that some of it is in fact so damn good - the world-building's probably the best of the series and everything Tina Turner is fantastic - but it just falls of a cliff at the midway point and never recovers. Plus it lacks that quirky Australian feel that made the other three so unique, replaced by an inescapable sense of having been Hollywood-ised. Even Mel Gibson doesn't really feel like the same character as in the first two.

Oh yeah, this one also has perhaps my favourite post-apocalyptic car designs in the franchise (more unhinged and cobbled-together than Mad Max 2, but less fanciful and over-the-top than Fury Road), which makes it all the more depressing that when they're finally unleashed in the final chase the whole sequence feels so lame and tacked-on. Just a huge disappointment and wasted opportunity.

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVE!

Stitch

Stitch

South Park: Post Covid

Both parts. It's hilarious. Love it. Especially the drums. I'd you've seen it you'll know what I mean.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed