[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 136,894 times)

paulorangelmelo

I Hope Not!

Lefty

Lefty

I dig the earthy / brown-ish skin tone he seems to have. His mandibles definitely look like they sit alongside the mask, exposed in the open. Some initially thought he was wearing the bone over top of a normal bio but I have a feeling he's JUST wearing the bone mask. The things protruding below when he flips the hatchet are probably just his lower mandibles.

Makes me wonder if he'll have thermal vision at all. I like it though. It'll be creepy looking if he doesn't have obvious lenses representing his eyes. Even if he is just peering out from underneath the mask it would give the impression he's "sensing" rather than seeing.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ace3g on Jun 17, 2022, 11:54:57 PMhttps://twitter.com/fonsi20201/status/1537892548189954051

If we will see a ship, I hope it will look ancient and otherworldly, as the one in the second film.

bobcunk

Quote from: paulorangelmelo on Jun 17, 2022, 08:55:22 PM
Quote from: pmaz11 on Jun 17, 2022, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: paulorangelmelo on Jun 17, 2022, 04:00:12 PMFound this.

https://i.postimg.cc/NM39Gjc3/Prey.jpg
Regards.
The face may not be that different, but where are his eyes?

Saw this image on YouTube as well for the video. But it does shows a lot of details & I agree it's hard to get a feel for how the face will look.

But still optimistic from the majority of what we've seen so far.

Yes, that´s the video i also saw today.

It appeared on my youtube inital page.

Run all the thread and i did not saw the image.

This Image everybody saw when the trailer was leaked but this one was less "dark", that´s why i posted it.

I apologise for my very rudimentary windows paint abilities but this it what i think it is.

https://i.postimg.cc/7LHvD2mJ/Preyother.jpg
Red - Upper mandible.

Blue - Lower manbible.

Regards from Portugal.

Doomofman

Yes I think you're right about the mandible location, and I also think the top mandibles are higher than usual so the eyes are probably about level with the top of them and kinda right where bone mask between the mandibles starts

Tin foil hat time: I wonder if the predator's eyes are going to be orange this time around and the picture of Dane in the bigfoot outfit was just him in a random suit they had around the studio BUT wearing the actual predator contacts for the movie 

This is of course assuming two things, 1) the predators eyes in the suits previously and this time around are actually contacts as I don't know that for sure, and 2) that the bigfoot hasn't already been confirmed as appearing in a different project of Dane's

RoguePred1987

At this point, I've embraced the idea that every film after P2 will have its own variation of the species. We can explain it however we want, different clans, subspecies, etc. but so long as it's executed well I think we should just roll with it.

BigDaddyJohn

I think Trachtenberg's view of things is really interesting. Seeing this predator as coming from a different part of the predator world, just like humans come from different areas/countries, is kinda new and really cool IMO. No superior bullshit this time.

Manti

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 20, 2022, 06:02:43 PMI think Trachtenberg's view of things is really interesting. Seeing this predator as coming from a different part of the predator world, just like humans come from different areas/countries, is kinda new and really cool IMO. No superior bullshit this time.
Yeah, thats why im cautiously optimistic as well.
Its not the usual "Super Predator" or "Upgrade Predator" bullshit, where the new Preds are so much bigger and badder. Its a normal Predator.
It makes perfect sense that a Pred from a different hemisphere/continent would look a bit different. Just like humnans look different from each other, depending from what continent they are from: white Europeans, African Americans, Asians, etc.
Ill wait and see how he turns out in the movie. If he looks like shit, then oh well. But i wont judge the idea itself until ive seen it.

SuperiorIronman

The only one deliberately said to be a mutant (at least in regards to why he looks different) was Assassin. The Supers have at least two different explanations ranging from a different origin point than the others to being mutants themselves but the subspecies route seemingly is what Fox went with.

Scout from Predator 2 is stated to be from an island chain as per the Neca backstory. His face really being the only indicator of that with altered positioning of mandibles and the top two being chunkier. Neca also had a hand in Stalker whose blood is visible through his skin giving him a glow in the dark appearance since that part of the homeworld is without much light. They'd also state the AVP Predators are from a mountainous area of the homeworld which gave them far more muscular bodies as a result. Alpha due to his being the earliest Predator in the timeline is also depicted with an altered face. Though it's unclear if all of them resembled this or just Alpha.

The toys and even to a lesser degree Hunting Grounds definitely suggest appearances are largely based on origin point. So kind of a neat way to lore build the different interpretations. Some look like Jungle Hunter, others are spiky like City Hunter, and H shaped mandibles are just as common as X or the bulldog face of Scout.

KaliPrime

Love the specificity and nuance of this. Never heard the mountain notion with AVP preds but seems totally sensible. When I read the Scout backstory on the box I was like... hell yeah. All the diversity in human coloration, stature, density and muscle to fat ratio... so much more can be done with this. I mean we have been so fixated on this or that. As long as there is a logical argument for differentiation, then I say bring it on. Give me a million different tweaks as long as they make sense and they are in keeping with tone and thoughtfulness.

I mean I hate AVPR, but dammit love Wolf. Because the story and reasoning made sense.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 21, 2022, 12:07:41 AMThe only one deliberately said to be a mutant (at least in regards to why he looks different) was Assassin. The Supers have at least two different explanations ranging from a different origin point than the others to being mutants themselves but the subspecies route seemingly is what Fox went with.

Scout from Predator 2 is stated to be from an island chain as per the Neca backstory. His face really being the only indicator of that with altered positioning of mandibles and the top two being chunkier. Neca also had a hand in Stalker whose blood is visible through his skin giving him a glow in the dark appearance since that part of the homeworld is without much light. They'd also state the AVP Predators are from a mountainous area of the homeworld which gave them far more muscular bodies as a result. Alpha due to his being the earliest Predator in the timeline is also depicted with an altered face. Though it's unclear if all of them resembled this or just Alpha.

The toys and even to a lesser degree Hunting Grounds definitely suggest appearances are largely based on origin point. So kind of a neat way to lore build the different interpretations. Some look like Jungle Hunter, others are spiky like City Hunter, and H shaped mandibles are just as common as X or the bulldog face of Scout.

Yautja888

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 20, 2022, 06:02:43 PMI think Trachtenberg's view of things is really interesting. Seeing this predator as coming from a different part of the predator world, just like humans come from different areas/countries, is kinda new and really cool IMO. No superior bullshit this time.

It was just a weak excuse to explain the new design, if you compare Jungle hunter and City hunter, they fit to that same explanation,yet both have a perfect design.Their pathetic excuses won't work.Now It's damage control time,as usual, when they can't hide it anymore.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Yautja888 on Jun 25, 2022, 03:05:06 PM

It was just a weak excuse to explain the new design, if you compare Jungle hunter and City hunter, they fit to that same explanation,yet both have a perfect design.Their pathetic excuses won't work.Now It's damage control time,as usual, when they can't hide it anymore.

Is it really damage control? Because every subsequent Predator has changes due to director vision. Like every single one including City Hunter. It's not all ADI, given past history its entirely believable to me that the director wanted something different.

Yautja888

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 25, 2022, 04:03:00 PM

Is it really damage control? Because every subsequent Predator has changes due to director vision. Like every single one including City Hunter. It's not all ADI, given past history its entirely believable to me that the director wanted something different.

It reeks damage control. All the recent interactions with the fanbase were about accepting this new design.A predator who has spaghettis for hair  :laugh:

BigDaddyJohn

I dare say that to me, City Hunter and Jungle Hunter come from the same "country" but maybe from a different part of it (north vs south or some like that), with them having minor physical differences.

As opposed to Feral who possibly come from a whole different "country" and thus being maybe more different. At least that's how I like to view things for now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed