All Star Wars

Started by CELTICPRED, Dec 13, 2006, 05:23:55 AM

Author
All Star Wars (Read 2,849,929 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm just hoping the KOTOR Remake survives the trainwreck that's the current state of the license.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 14, 2022, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 13, 2022, 09:37:24 PM...that person obvious hasn't read anything in Disney canon besides the movies/tv that deal with the jedi.

People shouldn't need to read comic books and the back of cereal boxes in order to understand and appreciate a movie or television series.
someone hasn't figured out since the beginning Star Wars was multi media. do we gotta remind ya bout splinters of the mind eye. plus thats not what I'm saying.  the jedi haven't been disrespected in Disney's handling.  its all opinion on if luke or Kenobi are mishandled. the order in general no it hasn't been . we've now seen the starting point of where the jedi were in their order when we read high republic (starting point of their fall not the order's starting point  the order was founded in someway/form back in 25,000 BBY) .  we are beginning to see how far they fell in the prequels in comparison .  though if u just wanna judge by the shows thats find but DONT MAKE Blanket statements like that fandom menace video.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 14, 2022, 12:52:56 AMI'm just hoping the KOTOR Remake survives the trainwreck that's the current state of the license.
You know force dyad, Exegol and a few other canon concepts will probably be in it

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Star Wars started as a movie, it was always initially conceived as a movie.

St Eddie is right, movies (or any media) should be able to stand on their own without needing outside information unless you're, like, the MCU, in which case the interconnectedness is kind of the point.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 14, 2022, 01:44:20 AMStar Wars started as a movie, it was always initially conceived as a movie.

St Eddie is right, movies (or any media) should be able to stand on their own without needing outside information unless you're, like, the MCU, in which case the interconnectedness is kind of the point.
yes and no :P ahsoka is gunna be the upcoming worse offender of it based on how the celebration footage recreated the epilogue  of rebels. you won't be able to say clone wars or rebels don't matter when it comes for example .  hell Kenobi still works with Grand inky being dead for Kenobi viewers but theres a reason inky's actor just mentioned that inky has two stomachs  on a talk show appearance about Kenobi 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUo5WGNWQAAfYAp?format=jpg&name=large

Highland

Highland

While this "fandom" menace is 100% a cash grab by some over the top channels ( a lot of them I find a bit nauseous and don't watch, it's horrible), there are genuine channels that do point out valid points and those points most of us non-likers (not haters) come to very similar conclusions without watching the videos.

The fact is that this obi-wan plot was first realised about 5 years ago ( as a movie, then a TV show) and the script could have been written in one day - that's not a joke. It will ultimately lead nowhere and currently provides nothing of interest other than it has Obi-wan and Darth Vader in it - for me.

I'm not a Disney hater, the Mando was quite excellent and I even enjoyed a lot of aspects of Fett.

This one is a big miss I'm afraid. Power to those who enjoy it, perhaps with Story's like stranger things and Love Death and Robot's floating around it makes Obi-wan even more insulting on the intelligence.

If Star Wars has one redeeming quality it's that it's usually good to look at, but there's hardly a cool scene in the entire series so far. Perhaps obi-wan in the darK with the Saber? But that's about it....

It's a shame because in 4K/atmos/Dolby Vision, visually this show could have been incredible with those Deep blacks.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 02:05:22 AMWhile this "fandom" menace is 100% a cash grab by some over the top channels ( a lot of them I find a bit nauseous and don't watch, it's horrible), there are genuine channels that do point out valid points and those points most of us non-likers (not haters) come to very similar conclusions without watching the videos.

The fact is that this obi-wan plot was first realised about 5 years ago ( as a movie, then a TV show) and the script could have been written in one day - that's not a joke. It will ultimately lead nowhere and currently provides nothing of interest other than it has Obi-wan and Darth Vader in it - for me.

I'm not a Disney hater, the Mando was quite excellent and I even enjoyed a lot of aspects of Fett.

This one is a big miss I'm afraid. Power to those who enjoy it, perhaps with Story's like stranger things and Love Death and Robot's floating around it makes Obi-wan even more insulting on the intelligence.

If Star Wars has one redeeming quality it's that it's usually good to look at, but there's hardly a cool scene in the entire series so far. Perhaps obi-wan in the darK with the Saber? But that's about it....

It's a shame because in 4K/atmos/Dolby Vision, visually this show could have been incredible with those Deep blacks.

a few I've seen here are genuine but a few arn't Robot head , Critical drinker (just look at his newest prey video for example) https://twitter.com/FandomMenaceLs/status/1536462257814528001

it wasn't written in a day and don't u remember that there was rewrites with it too . it also won't lead no where if u've read the leaks like I have. Vader and Kenobi will have round 2 (which seems like from the leaks will deliver )   Leia know has a reason why she sends a message in R2  besides Kenobi being her dad's friend .  theres should be something  with luke coming up that seems interesting in itself if played right . thou I can name atleast 3 scenes in my opinion look cool but its true its all opinions . some people just like to act like theres are objectively right (not in this fourm mind you) I think were all reasonable enough . I also think because this was first created as movie it will probably all play better once the whole thing is out. Even super pro Star Wars channels on youtube like Star Wars explained for example said he has to watch it twice before fully making his opinion . a lot of it is we all had certain expectations on how this would go and we need to somewhat let them go .

Highland

Highland

The actions of the people don't make any sense. For one Reva is trying to get out of Leia the locations ( or something) of the tunnels/rebels. How would she know this? Is this explained in some part of the show that I missed? Then the infiltrator lady (don't know her name) just sits at a desk an directs obi-wan in front of other Empire officers, then gets spotted and takes this officer out in the same room?

Obiwan in the ship can't seem to move a piece of metal, then an hour later he's holding back water tunnels.

That's aside from them being able walk out (nobody sounded an alarm?) then the snow speeders just fly up to the port without any Tie fighters spotting them? Perhaps on paper the script is better, but the way this is being sold is just not believable. 

It doesn't flow, I'm personally taken out of the show too much, too many ...what? Moments.  :'(

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 13, 2022, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 13, 2022, 10:25:24 PMMy opinion is based upon videos made by people who watched it and analysed it. I really liked Mandalorian but after what they did to Feet and Kenobi I'm done. And there is more SW shows to come :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcv22CJi9eM

seems like your only getting them from the cancer of Star Wars youtube  The fandom menace but its your choice 

So everyone who delivers constructive criticism is part of SW caner YouTube channels? I can distinguish childish nitpicking over rational reasoning. 

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 05:36:42 AMThe actions of the people don't make any sense. For one Reva is trying to get out of Leia the locations ( or something) of the tunnels/rebels. How would she know this? Is this explained in some part of the show that I missed? Then the infiltrator lady (don't know her name) just sits at a desk an directs obi-wan in front of other Empire officers, then gets spotted and takes this officer out in the same room?

Obiwan in the ship can't seem to move a piece of metal, then an hour later he's holding back water tunnels.

That's aside from them being able walk out (nobody sounded an alarm?) then the snow speeders just fly up to the port without any Tie fighters spotting them? Perhaps on paper the script is better, but the way this is being sold is just not believable. 

It doesn't flow, I'm personally taken out of the show too much, too many ...what? Moments.  :'(

a few of those are I understand being pulled out by .

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 14, 2022, 06:32:58 AM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 13, 2022, 10:30:43 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 13, 2022, 10:25:24 PMMy opinion is based upon videos made by people who watched it and analysed it. I really liked Mandalorian but after what they did to Feet and Kenobi I'm done. And there is more SW shows to come :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcv22CJi9eM

seems like your only getting them from the cancer of Star Wars youtube  The fandom menace but its your choice 

So everyone who delivers constructive criticism is part of SW caner YouTube channels? I can distinguish childish nitpicking over rational reasoning. 
not everyone just a few of them robot head , critical drinker some of those ike . I know you can distinguish them .

anyway the internal lucasfilm hype for 5 is starting https://twitter.com/Tcann13/status/1536720559328747522

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: Highland on Jun 14, 2022, 05:36:42 AMThe actions of the people don't make any sense. For one Reva is trying to get out of Leia the locations ( or something) of the tunnels/rebels. How would she know this? Is this explained in some part of the show that I missed? Then the infiltrator lady (don't know her name) just sits at a desk an directs obi-wan in front of other Empire officers, then gets spotted and takes this officer out in the same room?

Don't forget the moment where Obi-Wan dived out of view of the two approaching stormtoopers, despite being stood directly in front of them, in plain sight, when he did so.  The show is so incompetently made, that I was able to storyboard a superior version of that scene in 5 minutes, using MS Paint...

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm beginning to suspect that TilotnyWorshiper28 works for Lucasfilm.

Kradan

Kradan

Nah, you just a hater

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2022, 04:07:21 PMI'm beginning to suspect that TilotnyWorshiper28 works for Lucasfilm.

I wish. id be campaigning to get a lot more of the obscure stuff in there and  also an Ewok main character 

anyway

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

f**k Explained, biggest shill of them all tbh

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Jun 14, 2022, 05:45:32 PManyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4clNz4sdFjM

"The review you had on 'Shadow of the Sith', which was merely a four word review, just said 'Plop of the Shit'."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed