[SPOILER] AVPR DISSAPOINTMENT

Started by Plokoon111, Dec 19, 2007, 01:28:10 AM

Author
[SPOILER] AVPR DISSAPOINTMENT (Read 61,418 times)

Wraith

Wraith

Exactly, maybe we just want very high standards for a franchise we care alot about.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

IMO I think the brothers are doing a great job trying to bring back the franchises.
THe only problems? Low budget, really stupid script. ADI

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 19, 2007, 01:52:02 AM
Jesus christ! THE aliens look fine.

Hey, you started the damn thread.  What kind of responses were you hoping for?

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Dec 19, 2007, 02:08:13 AM
Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 19, 2007, 01:52:02 AM
Jesus christ! THE aliens look fine.

Hey, you started the damn thread.  What kind of responses were you hoping for?

Exactly! It plainly states in your first post that this is a flame thread!  :D

But I will agree that the script is damaged goods no matter how many times it was rewritten.

Wraith

Wraith

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Dec 19, 2007, 02:07:59 AM
IMO I think the brothers are doing a great job trying to bring back the franchises.

Exactly.

gases

gases

f**k me sideways. It's like 6 days till the opening. Can you save the shit for afterwards?

As someone already said:

low budget
bad script
ADI

I think it will be really great considering this.
Next time give them huge budget and see what they can do when they aren't doing their first film.

You depress the whole forum with these bullshit, unconstructive threads.

Craig

Craig

They have roughly the same budget as Alien and Predator combined. You don't need 100 million to make a good film.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Exactly.  It ain't the budget that is the problem here.

The only problems I see so far are script and design based.  And we can't make a fair call on either just yet.  Little while longer...

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

My thoughts on this film have been like a roller-coaster ride.

I think everyone needs to chill and wait for the final product.  ;)

Wraith

Wraith

Quote from: Craig on Dec 19, 2007, 02:17:14 AM
They have roughly the same budget as Alien and Predator combined. You don't need 100 million to make a good film.

A half descent script would come in handy though..

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Wraith on Dec 19, 2007, 02:19:39 AM
Quote from: Craig on Dec 19, 2007, 02:17:14 AM

I half descent script would come in handy though..

Yeah they were given a shite script and then had to base their rewrites based on that shite script!

Gacu666

Gacu666

I saw the movie today in Poland in the Pre premier screening.

The script is awful. The movie is very shallow with it's two dimensional characters. It mostly feels like you're watching a sitcom, or a bad slasher movie. With all it's cheesy aspects.

The Predator is a God here, no mere Alien can scratch his butt, he only gets face slaped (literally) a few times and tail whipped. He takes Aliens by numbers, catches them by the throaths and headshots them with plasma cannon in "bad breath" range without getting acid splash all over his tuxedo. He is somewhat very stupid, getting on a suicide mission where the odds are 1 to 100, guess nobody likes him in his clan or something. He has all the special "Alien vision" sights but he is so bad ass that he can't even look up once and the Aliens always sneak up on him with the face slapping and all that.

The aliens? Cannon fodder I'm Afraid, even in the crappy AvP they got more attention...

The whole teenager problems with girls and guys bullying other guys is just out of place. There are many cheesy dialogs which are just plain dumb. There is humour mixed up in the plot and it isn't convincing... not in a situation like this.

There are many stupid scenes, where there is no logic at all. Spoiler:

The ship is hit by the Plasma caster from the inside. It changed it's course and is crash landing on earth. Ok... if the ships hull was compromised then why nothing burned inside? The ship crash landed like a swan on a lake, with grace to be exact. No crater, the ship is practically undamaged and didn't melt at all (ok it's made of high resistant metal, but then why didn't it burn from the inside because of the hole the plasma caster made? It should fall apart easilly).

End of spoiler:

The camera seems too shaky in many places, the action shot of humans shooting "something" and you really don't know what. The movie is really chopped up, there are many scene transitions and you seem to be scratching your head in many situations. It's like a bunny hops all around the city of Gunnison.

The end is the crappiest of them all. The Predator is such a bad ass that he fights with his bare hands, even crushes one of the aliens head with his boot.

Don't want to spoiler you too much, but really it gets crappier with every minute.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Well...that sucks!!!!  :-\

Wraith

Wraith

Spoil us, tell us about some of the scenes and what not.

Just remember to say spoilers at the start to protect yourself from whineing.

vehtam

vehtam

or even start seperate topic with spoiler tag :)

guys, what you're gonna to read, is just...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed