Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 31,620 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 27, 2024, 01:00:52 PMLoved the movie, loved Feral, and hate the face.

Hate may be a bit strong. But I don't like it and it hasn't really grown on me. Hoping that Dan goes in a different direction with the face for the sequels.

Based

PredBabe

PredBabe

I hope there's more buildup for other characters in the Prey sequel. Bring some unique personalities to Nauru's fellow hunters/warriors in her tribe that she's probably leading now. Flesh out the conflicts going on between the Comanche and a settler group. Feature some interesting conversations around shamanism or religious talk from the settlers.

You have people from hundreds of years ago going up against an invisible foe, it's only natural that we'd hear more demon talk.

BigDaddyJohn

I agree, I would have expected a bit more of that in Prey. Possibly there was more and it was cut maybe ?

Anyways I'm looking forward to that in the sequel.

Enjoy

I wonder if the future badlands are toxic and scorced earth

RoguePred1987

"Badlands" is a very suggestive title isn't it

David

July shooting time, release date in 2025?

RoguePred1987

i was definitely thinking August 2025 for the release date, 100%.

does anyone think they'd go for it and aim for a 2026 release for Prey 2?

Nightmare Asylum

If Trachtenberg is directing Prey 2, I can't imagine him being able to shoot both movies in quick enough succession to get them out one after another like that.

Master Chief

Maybe he can pull a James Cameron and shoot both at the same time.

Nightmare Asylum

I don't know if a back-to-back shoot would really work for Badlands and Prey 2, with both having entirely different settings, casts, etc.

But who knows how things are going to play out. At the point we don't even know if Trachtenberg plans to personally direct Prey 2!

RoguePred1987

they did make it a point to say no one was attached to Prey 2 but it was in active development. and we know the details of Prey 2 have been discussed between Dan, Amber and the studio so there's gotta be at least an outline.

Mr.Turok

I do hope we get another director that has the passion to follow another Predator film. Not that Dan is bad, only that he just can't be the only one interested in making Predator films.

Nightmare Asylum

Samurai Predator movie from Gareth Evans.

David

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Mar 05, 2024, 07:17:48 PMi was definitely thinking August 2025 for the release date, 100%.

I think it depends if Badlands and Prey 2 will be theatrical releases. If so, I dont think Prey 2 will release in 2026.
Personally, I hope Badlands will be released in theaters.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: David on Mar 08, 2024, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Mar 05, 2024, 07:17:48 PMi was definitely thinking August 2025 for the release date, 100%.

I think it depends if Badlands and Prey 2 will be theatrical releases. If so, I dont think Prey 2 will release in 2026.
Personally, I hope Badlands will be released in theaters.

After Prey's surprising success and Romulus getting promoted to a theatrical release, I honestly can't imagine a world where any Alien/Predator movie goes releases as a streaming original again (unless they actually cave and release the Alien vs Predator: Annihilation anime films, that is).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed