Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 31,623 times)

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 18, 2024, 05:43:51 PM
Quote from: bobcunk on Feb 18, 2024, 10:11:06 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2024, 03:07:19 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 02:04:44 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 12, 2024, 04:33:34 AMBeing woke is not a talking point at all, being woke is infact good. Alien is for example very woke.
I never thought that Alien it's woke, so I think that Alien doesn't enter in that category
Mmmm, movie with female lead where she is the voice of reason, where a non white side character gets also a ton of spotlight, that has a monster that is an allegory for sexual assault and that is against corporations..... mmmm no wokeness here guys

Alien is very woke, SPECIALLY for the time it was made in. And once again, being woke isn't bad, being woke is good, thinking being woke is bad is a huge red flag for me.
non white side character?
C'mon, there's only 7 characters in Alien, can't be that hard to figure out who I'm talking about
Jonsey the cat?      Just kidding I was thinking of Aliens sorry. The Alien was also played by a black guy. Also the onscreen biography for the Nostromo crew says Lambert is a trans male.

I meant trans female I think. She was born male and had sex change. I don't know if its cosmetic or if they can actually change your biological sex in the future.

Enjoy

The Director of the new Dune movie could make aliens vs predator so goood

Nightmare Asylum

I very much doubt that Denis Villeneuve would have any interest in doing an AVP movie.

skhellter

It's a job for Liam O'Donnell tbh. he'd do something fun with a proper budget

BigDaddyJohn

Nightmare Asylum

Honestly, I wouldn't be totally shocked if an AVP is in Trachtenberg's future, at the rate things are going.

Enjoy

Why is one director getting all the work ? Seems like a waste of time and talent

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Enjoy on Feb 25, 2024, 06:14:24 PMWhy is one director getting all the work ? Seems like a waste of time and talent

Not so much a waste of his time if he's enjoying doing it.

I only really speculate this because, despite AVP as a concept usually drawing most heavily from Aliens' iconography and worldbuilding, it is also a crossover that seems to tend to resonate a bit more on the Predator side of things more so than the Alien one, and with Trachtenberg now A.) basically spearheading the Predator brand and B.) taking Predator into the future with Badlands...

skhellter

Dan was directing Prey with a WY cap

if any Predator director gets to direct a AVP too... it's him.

Yautja888

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 25, 2024, 08:54:33 PMDan was directing Prey with a WY cap

if any Predator director gets to direct a AVP too... it's him.

I prefer to choose someone who made a good pred movie, like McTiernan or Hopkins.

Nightmare Asylum

Exactly the reason Trachtenberg would fit the bill!

SiL

SiL

I'd prefer someone who knows the difference between a Predator and a generic movie monster.

But maybe Badlands will show that.

Enjoy

A waste of time not using more directors then the director if prey ?  Seems like predator would be better off with more then one person deciding everything for the future of predator ? I would love to see other directors work on predator films and a streaming series with multiple directors doing short stories is my preference anyway.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

As much as I liked Prey, I agree, Feral can often times easily be replaced by another monster or Jason like killer.

Nightmare Asylum

Feral has a different approach from previous Predators for sure (he's much more combative in an in your face way than the Preds in Predator and Predator 2, which liked to hang back more until they were really in the thick of it), but feels like a Predator through and through to me, just a different individual going about his hunt in his own way. Dude's a dick, he's cocky and sure of himself, he likes getting his hands dirty, and like previous Predators, when he underestimates his prey one time too many, it costs him his life.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed