Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, Jan 08, 2012, 12:56:40 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 40,232 times)

originaldrdoom

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 08, 2012, 05:47:06 PM
Quote from: originaldrdoom on Jan 08, 2012, 03:41:00 PM
I realize SEGA asked the Admin to remove the link and all..but, can I or another member post a pic of the CE?

Once it's OK to post that image I'll let you know. Please if you share it with another member do it privately for now.

Done and done. :)

USG Ishimura

USG Ishimura

I highly doubt that's an original legit image, guys; for starters, the USS Sephora schematic depicted is not of the Sephora, or Sulaco, or any Conestoga class ship....it's actually of the Nostromo, and they used the Nostromo blueprints I did that were printed in the Alien Vault book.  ???

newbeing

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Jan 08, 2012, 08:03:20 PM
I highly doubt that's an original legit image, guys; for starters, the USS Sephora schematic depicted is not of the Sephora, or Sulaco, or any Conestoga class ship....it's actually of the Nostromo, and they used the Nostromo blueprints I did that were printed in the Alien Vault book.  ???

If that's the case then I'm wondering if this was all placeholder or a fan made special edition that someone sent to this retailer for some reason. Sega could be slapping it down to prevent confusion.

originaldrdoom

Regardless of the accuracy of the dossier/blueprints, I will be elated to have a good Aliens game- not to mention having that Power Loader on my bookcase. ;)

newbeing

Quote from: originaldrdoom on Jan 08, 2012, 08:24:41 PM
Regardless of the accuracy of the dossier/blueprints, I will be elated to have a good Aliens game- not to mention having that Power Loader on my bookcase. ;)

We might not get any of this is the thing....

originaldrdoom

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 08, 2012, 08:29:35 PM
Quote from: originaldrdoom on Jan 08, 2012, 08:24:41 PM

We might not get any of this is the thing....

I am optimistic about it. And I haven't seen that Power Loader anywhere on the net. So, until SEGA officially comment on it, I have no reason to believe this CE isn't coming out with the items in the pic.

That, and SEGA haven't given any indication it was a forgery. Nothing on their site, twitter, etc..

ikarop

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 08, 2012, 08:18:59 PM

If that's the case then I'm wondering if this was all placeholder or a fan made special edition that someone sent to this retailer for some reason. Sega could be slapping it down to prevent confusion.

Not fan made. This sort of early details leak in Polish, Hungarian, etc... retailer sites all the time.

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Jan 08, 2012, 08:54:50 PM

Not fan made. This sort of early details leak in Polish, Hungarian, etc... retailer sites all the time.

Well I guess its good to  know that the stuff is probably real, but like you said earlier Ikarop there is a chance that some of this stuff is placeholder.

D.R.

I wish they would stop with the DLC.. I'll spend the extra money at the store.

ikarop

Quote from: newbeing on Jan 08, 2012, 09:12:54 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Jan 08, 2012, 08:54:50 PM

Well I guess its good to  know that the stuff is probably real, but like you said earlier Ikarop there is a chance that some of this stuff is placeholder.

Ah Indeed. The art as well as the content are always subject to change. Sometimes even after a product has been officially announced. But that doesn't make it any less real.

USG Ishimura

Interesting....
If they did actually want to issue some Sulaco blueprints, I would be open to that (or USS Septhora blueprints, from what I can tell its the same as Sulaco so can be easily adapted) but they'd need to contact me rather than use a crappy lo-rez image pulled from the net.

I actually posted a thread on the Gearbox forum asking if the image was real or fake and it got pulled within 10 minutes.

ikarop

ikarop

Again, that's because the image wasn't fake. Simply not meant to be public.

newbeing

Quote from: USG Ishimura on Jan 08, 2012, 11:49:24 PM
Interesting....
If they did actually want to issue some Sulaco blueprints, I would be open to that (or USS Septhora blueprints, from what I can tell its the same as Sulaco so can be easily adapted) but they'd need to contact me rather than use a crappy lo-rez image pulled from the net.

I actually posted a thread on the Gearbox forum asking if the image was real or fake and it got pulled within 10 minutes.

This seems really sketchy to me. I hope it's only placeholder, but still grabbing it without your consent is totally unprofessional. I hope it gets cleared up.

fry1236

Thats weird, I posted here on this page but it's gone now  :-\ :D

MrSpaceJockey

What did you post?

If it's the image, Ikarop said to keep it to the private messages, any posting of the picture would get the forum in trouble, so he probably had to delete your post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed