AVP2 on Steam? (Read 14,749 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 24, 2015, 01:36:56 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 23, 2015, 08:18:47 AM
Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 23, 2015, 02:14:26 AM
Quote from: Olde on Apr 22, 2015, 08:10:32 AM
Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 22, 2015, 12:06:27 AM
So if you really want a mod made for this game, your best bet is to learn how to make it for yourself.

Agreed, but it seems lucifero wants everyone else to do his work for him.

I didn't say it to sound mean. There's just not many modders left.

I always intended to learn to map, at the very least but I just never found the time. Makes me sad.

Don't feel bad. I can't make a map at all. I never liked the interface of DEdit to make maps.

I found it awkward and clumsy to learn but strangely intuitive once mastered. The engine can also be really finicky and nasty when things aren't done proper, which can further hinder learning it. But I really liked DEdit overall; it gave the mapper good control over everything. It just has such a steep learning curve.

KingKenny

KingKenny

Quote from: PsyKore on May 29, 2015, 10:37:23 AM
Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 24, 2015, 01:36:56 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 23, 2015, 08:18:47 AM
Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 23, 2015, 02:14:26 AM
Quote from: Olde on Apr 22, 2015, 08:10:32 AM
Quote from: KingKenny on Apr 22, 2015, 12:06:27 AM
So if you really want a mod made for this game, your best bet is to learn how to make it for yourself.

Agreed, but it seems lucifero wants everyone else to do his work for him.

I didn't say it to sound mean. There's just not many modders left.

I always intended to learn to map, at the very least but I just never found the time. Makes me sad.

Don't feel bad. I can't make a map at all. I never liked the interface of DEdit to make maps.

I found it awkward and clumsy to learn but strangely intuitive once mastered. The engine can also be really finicky and nasty when things aren't done proper, which can further hinder learning it. But I really liked DEdit overall; it gave the mapper good control over everything. It just has such a steep learning curve.

Hi PsyKore,

So you're telling me Fear 4 is confirmed?

:laugh:

Lucifero

Lucifero

What does this have to do this?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: PsyKore on May 29, 2015, 10:37:23 AM

You still got it man.... cant wait for FEAR IV  :)

Keep me posted and i'll do news on it, and host it for you too !  :laugh:

Quote from: Lucifero on May 30, 2015, 04:22:14 PM
What does this have to do this?

EVERYTHING ;)

PsyKore

PsyKore

I do think about it from time to time, honestly. I always loved mapping. If I made it, I'd probably like it to not be as campy as the last ones though. F3 can be so comical at times when I look at it now, I don't know what I was thinking. :laugh:

Lucifero

Lucifero

someone would be kind enough to explain what enters f3 and f4 with AVP2 if ever?

Randomizer

Randomizer

I suppose FEAR 3 and 4. Should be playing them again.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: PsyKore on May 31, 2015, 08:13:55 AM
I do think about it from time to time, honestly.

There is hope.... lol

I always loved mapping. If I made it, I'd probably like it to not be as campy as the last ones though. F3 can be so comical at times when I look at it now, I don't know what I was thinking. :laugh:

You should never give up, what you love man! you are the 'man' when it comes to horror in this game!

It would be interesting to see where FEAR 4 goes storyline wise etc.

btw, did you ever play IOTD (Island of the dead) campaign?  that was done really well.

For anyone on here who hasn't played this AVP2 SP MAP i highly recommend you do.

Download Island of the Dead

KingKenny

KingKenny

I do think about it from time to time, honestly. I always loved mapping. If I made it, I'd probably like it to not be as campy as the last ones though. F3 can be so comical at times when I look at it now, I don't know what I was thinking. :laugh:

lol I thought it was awesome except for the ending. It was a cliffhanger.

Island of The Dead is great too.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: KingKenny on May 31, 2015, 03:28:22 PM

It was a cliffhanger.

Yes it was!, i think he's trying to tell us something.... i expect a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT SOON.  :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: x-M-x on May 30, 2015, 09:44:23 PM

As in the Fear SP maps?  ;D

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2015, 07:54:21 AM
Quote from: x-M-x on May 30, 2015, 09:44:23 PM

As in the Fear SP maps?  ;D

Indeed! FEAR 3, ended on a 'cliffhanger' so maybe... just maybe we'll get a big announcement soon? ( :P :laugh:)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That would be so amazing. The custom SP maps were one of my favourite things about the community!

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: SonicFox [SG_CMD] on Apr 30, 2015, 10:37:36 PM
It would be nice to have AvP2 on steam but I know that there will be an issue with the rights. I know Herr_Alien did make a Team Fortress 2 AvP2 mod that does simulate AvP2 gameplay. However, I'm not sure if he is still working on it. If someone where to host a TF2 server with his mod it might be viable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pQRKUzecgw
imagine the evolution in tf2 engine

XD

Lucifero

Lucifero

i have a question avp2 team fotress mod can work on steam?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed