AVPR- LIGHTING

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 29, 2018, 01:22:56 AM

Author
AVPR- LIGHTING (Read 20,298 times)

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2020, 10:06:19 AM
They're not that skilled if they let the Aliens overrun the entire city like that. How do you f**k up so badly that you let seven Aliens turn into over a thousand?

The only way for that scenario to happen would be if they just took their guns and like ... walked right back out of the temple or something for a few days.

By skilled I meant skilled at surviving for so long despite such odds. I guess to them they just have to hit reset if things go bad. There's a story for every single hunt that ever occurred on Antarctica, we just don't know yet what happened during that particular hunt. We don't have the context for that final battle like we have the context for the final battle during the 2004 hunt. This is by the way a story I would like to see in a comic or short film maybe.

SiL

SiL

That scene doesn't take place in Antarctica. Anderson said that the scene is his explanation for why South American civilisations seemed to disappear overnight.

Surviving is about the only thing those Predators could do, because attack clearly isn't in their skillset -- so why would the Aliens care about them?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2020, 10:21:20 AM
That scene doesn't take place in Antarctica. Anderson said that the scene is his explanation for why South American civilisations seemed to disappear overnight.

Which still didn't quite work for me since weren't they just abandoned cities, not big craters. Oh Anderson.

SiL

SiL

Oh yeah none of it makes a lick'a god-damned sense.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Surviving is about the only thing those Predators could do, because attack clearly isn't in their skillset -- so why would the Aliens care about them?

I don't recall hearing about that. Where did he say that? Either way the point still stands. Yes, and surviving is precisely what they did until the very end. Also, they were still a threat to the hive, not only because of them actively killing off the Xenos, but because of their nature as Yautja which I'm sure they would be familiar with and knowing it's an enemy that needs to be defeated, and adding that Xenos are generally a life-destroying force and will naturally go after any and all life available. There's really no mystery here.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 03, 2020, 10:49:15 AM

Which still didn't quite work for me since weren't they just abandoned cities, not big craters. Oh Anderson.

Noting that the nukes are naturally localized to a particular range and the location where the bomb went off may not be the same where all other abandoned temples are found. It's not really an issue if you think a little further.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2020, 11:12:51 AM
Oh yeah none of it makes a lick'a god-damned sense.

Can't agree with that assessment. You just need to think a little further.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: TurokSwe on Nov 03, 2020, 11:54:08 AM
Yes, and surviving is precisely what they did until the very end.
The only way for there to be that many Aliens and three Predators is if the Predators did absolutely nothing during their hunt.

Quotenot only because of them actively killing off the Xenos,
They only killed them as they ran up to them. That every single Alien -- in the entire town, which was hundreds, if not thousands -- went to three targets that would have had to have been actively running away, is ridiculous.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

One could argue that the scene of the three Predators fighting infinite Aliens was merely Rule of Cool visual hyperbole and didn't actually take place; I'm not sure the hieroglyphics Sebastian was reading literally spelled out the exact events shown on-screen.

The "Predator nukes wiped out ancient civilizations but didn't damage the temples" thing is still pretty silly, but at least it isn't a totally insane obvious apocalypse scenario.

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2020, 12:18:45 PM
Quote from: TurokSwe on Nov 03, 2020, 11:54:08 AM
Yes, and surviving is precisely what they did until the very end.
The only way for there to be that many Aliens and three Predators is if the Predators did absolutely nothing during their hunt.

That's just the only option you can personally think of, but there could be other alternatives depending on the details of the events, and we could all probably think of different scenarios.

They only killed them as they ran up to them. That every single Alien -- in the entire town, which was hundreds, if not thousands -- went to three targets that would have had to have been actively running away, is ridiculous.

That's Xeno mentality regardless what you think of it, they are designed to go after life wherever they find it, and again adding that they probably know what a threat Yautjas are in how they can take the Xenos out very easily as demonstrated.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 03, 2020, 01:22:22 PM
One could argue that the scene of the three Predators fighting infinite Aliens was merely Rule of Cool visual hyperbole and didn't actually take place; I'm not sure the hieroglyphics Sebastian was reading literally spelled out the exact events shown on-screen.

The "Predator nukes wiped out ancient civilizations but didn't damage the temples" thing is still pretty silly, but at least it isn't a totally insane obvious apocalypse scenario.

We are never told their nukes didn't damage temples, but there's no reason why we should assume that they detonated their nukes at every temple, so that's just an audience misunderstanding.

SM

SM

QuoteThat's Xeno mentality regardless what you think of it, they are designed to go after life wherever they find it, and again adding that they probably know what a threat Yautjas are in how they can take the Xenos out very easily as demonstrated.

And of course there was no life in the surrounding forest.

Master Chief

Master Chief

We know there was at least one deer in Gunnison. ;)

That's an easy explanation.  The Queen wasn't free and she was calling all of them back before they could take over the planet.  ???

TurokSwe

TurokSwe

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2020, 07:36:22 PM
QuoteThat's Xeno mentality regardless what you think of it, they are designed to go after life wherever they find it, and again adding that they probably know what a threat Yautjas are in how they can take the Xenos out very easily as demonstrated.

And of course there was no life in the surrounding forest.

I don't know, but it's irrelevant, because the Yautja were alive and dangerous.

SiL

SiL

How is someone running away from you not doing anything dangerous?

... You're not a cop in the US, are you?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SiL on Nov 04, 2020, 03:22:40 AM
How is someone running away from you not doing anything dangerous?

... You're not a cop in the US, are you?

Come on SiL. Hicks already had to shut this down in another thread. Please don't start it up in this one. Please keep it AvP.

SiL

SiL

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. It was a joke about current events.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 02, 2020, 08:36:37 AM
This isn't the place for that real-world discussion. The point is Alien and Marvel have always been political and provide social commentary, regardless of whether or not you saw it without it being pointed out to you.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64053.msg2489813#new

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed