Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus director ha...
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:15:02 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 12:55:26 PM
Spoiler
I'm curious, what is more ethical about a physical fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds like him, over a virtual fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds him? (In your opinion?)🙂
[close]
Spoiler
The short version is it's AI creating performances for dead actors I have an issue with; it's a trend and a technology I do not want to support if I'm able.
[close]
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 12:55:26 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:39:00 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 10:01:47 AM
Spoiler
Didn't Mike said it was mostly a puppet and a voice imitator ? If that's the case in the final film, wouldn't that be a bit more ethical ?
[close]
Spoiler
He also said he saw an early version. Puppet and voice actor I'm all in.
[close]

Spoiler
I'm curious, what is more ethical about a physical fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds like him, over a virtual fake Ian Holm that looks and sounds him? (In your opinion?)🙂
[close]
I saw The Predator in the theater. :'(
General Game Discussion / Re: Currently Playing
Last post by Predboy - Today at 12:36:26 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Apr 14, 2024, 05:16:55 PM
Quote from: Predboy on Apr 14, 2024, 03:31:14 PMPlaying Monster Hunter 4U on the 3ds. So sad the servers are now shut down for good so you can't murder monsters online with buddies anymore.
I've heard there's a replacement called Pretendo. Maybe look around for it and see if it's something you can use?

Yeah I heard about pretendo, but so far they don't even have MH4U mentioned as one of the games they're working on. So even if they decide to work on it, it's gonna be a while. At least I have MHWorld/Rise to keep me going.  8)
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:57:16 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 10:43:11 AM
Spoiler
Didn't Mike said it was mostly a puppet and a voice imitator ? If that's the case in the final film, wouldn't that be a bit more ethical ?
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
True, that's what I'm afraid of, it could very well change in the final film. I think we're doomed anyways with the gratuitous wink to the audience it represents.
[close]
Spoiler
Again, I can stomach a wink to the audience over what I personally consider an ethical issue.
[close]
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:43:11 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
True, that's what I'm afraid of, it could very well change in the final film. I think we're doomed anyways with the gratuitous wink to the audience it represents.
[close]
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:39:00 AM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:01:47 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 10:00:06 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:53:59 AMI think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.
Spoiler
My concern is purely about the tech and ethics; its use in the film is neither here nor there for me
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:00:06 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 09:53:59 AMI think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.
Spoiler
My concern is purely about the tech and ethics; its use in the film is neither here nor there for me
[close]
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:53:59 AM
I think we're doomed regarding that subject, but Mike said things that make me curious about the execution though.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed