Colonial Marines for DS

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 17, 2009, 09:30:47 AM

Author
Colonial Marines for DS (Read 16,493 times)

PLEXI

PLEXI

Yes, I wasn't sure when the game was officially canceled...I THINK it was 2002-2003. Years pass and then we find out about Gearbox making a new Colonial Marines, no relation except for the name :P Now we're just waiting for this A:CM to come out.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I am certain A:CM will delivery its badassery.

marky

marky

I hope the NDS game will have NWFC, so it can be expanded a bit. And it would be cool to play as the Xenos too. Like the old Alien3 games, only that you are the xeno! But that would probebly be a bonus you unlock.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

It would probably be easier to include playable Xenos in the NDS game.

Egg Snatcher

Egg Snatcher

Colonial Marines for DS = The once in a million years I dust off my DS

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Egg Snatcher on Dec 08, 2009, 02:52:21 AM
Colonial Marines for DS = The once in a million years I dust off my DS

Its still not for sure going to happen. Hopefully it will though. I think it will too.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

So is the DS game for-sure canceled, or do we not know?

Xhan

Xhan

Unknown as of yet.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Well here's hoping it's not canceled. :) Maybe it'll get released when the bigger console release happens. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Cellien

Cellien

It's possible they could be going another avenue.  iPhone/iPod is all the rage with developers, one reason being insanely cheap distribution to 80+ million users.  Sega has already released games on the platform.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a version of this game creep up on the App Store, though everything I'm saying is completely speculative.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Call me behind-the-times or whatever, but I just don't like the idea of playing games on my phone. At least not serious ones. I mean, sure, I'll play a round of Tetris while I'm waiting at a bus stop or some such, but more in-depth experiences should be relegated to hardware that's actually built specifically for that purpose.

Cellien

Cellien

I don't think you're "behind-the-times" at all, in fact you make a valid point.  For me though, at 27 I'm not willing to tote around another device solely for gaming.  I actually love that there's such popularity in mobile gaming now due in big part to the iPhone, the App Store, and the impressive hardware it boasts. . 

To keep this from straying too far, a game like CM:DS I think would adapt fine to iPhone/iPod Touch.  However, I can see where some may not feel the same way due to the unconventional controls (touchscreen).  But, as far as capable graphics hardware, the iPhone is quite a little powerhouse and simply leagues ahead of the DS, and in some respects the PSP, especially the 3GS model.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

They will probably do something like that. Why would they release the big boy (A:CM/AvP3) for all big platforms (PC, PS3, X360) and then chose to release the smaller game for just ONE handheld.

Cellien

Cellien

I dunno, they could release on one handheld though.  The DS has a massive user-base. 

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

True. But you suggested selling it for phones and Ipods and such. These days many people have phones that can run apps/games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed