Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 734,974 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Covenant screwed up a lot of things.   I will not list them. You all discuss them daily.
The 5 second facehug. 
Yeah. Ruined Kane's hug.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
Still wouldn't explain how he knew exactly what size to make the little blob so it fit perfectly inside the recessed trays he'd never seen aboard a ship he'd never set foot on :P

Could it be that he switched chips with Walter? Or something to that effect.

Also It's not like this was the first ever colonization mission. Who's to say David never saw this spacecraft/tray design. But maybe I'm just grasping for something to make sense of it all.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Oh, its this f**kin* thread!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 02, 2018, 01:07:16 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 01, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
Still wouldn't explain how he knew exactly what size to make the little blob so it fit perfectly inside the recessed trays he'd never seen aboard a ship he'd never set foot on :P

Could it be that he switched chips with Walter? Or something to that effect.

Also It's not like this was the first ever colonization mission. Who's to say David never saw this spacecraft/tray design. But maybe I'm just grasping for something to make sense of it all.
Oh no. A thread about how did  David know about the tray sizes. This thread is nutty enough :P

PredBabe

PredBabe

Maybe the queen queefed them out.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Well the eggs do sort of resemble a purse. Perhaps she just keeps them facehuggers in there like any other lady would keep her lipstick.

Scorpio

Scorpio

"We examined the lifeboat centimetre by centimetre and found no physical evidence of the creature you describe."

Kane's son brought an egg on the Narcissus, hidden away where Ripley wouldn't find it.  The Company found it and put it on the Sulaco.  Not Van Leuwen or anyone at the board meeting knew anything about it.

Have a go with that theory.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 02:18:54 PM
"We examined the lifeboat centimetre by centimetre and found no physical evidence of the creature you describe."

Kane's son brought an egg on the Narcissus, hidden away where Ripley wouldn't find it.  The Company found it and put it on the Sulaco.  Not Van Leuwen or anyone at the board meeting knew anything about it.

Have a go with that theory.

So the egg was actually Brett who wasn't torched by Ripley because the scene was deleted?

Scorpio

Scorpio

I didn't say it was Brett, it could have been Parker or Lambert.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 02:56:17 PM
But we see Parker and Lambert and there's no time for them to turn into eggs.
But I like the idea that the Sulaco egg was actually Brett, best outlandish theory yet!

Vermillion

Vermillion

Right

Wweyland

Wweyland

Are there any production pictures of the filming of this scene?

Maybe they would reveal more about the surroundings of the environment. It was probably filmed by second unit.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 02, 2018, 07:21:03 PM
Are there any production pictures of the filming of this scene?
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/9/9e/Sulaco_Egg.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091125233543
Maybe they would reveal more about the surroundings of the environment. It was probably filmed by second unit.

I'm not 100% sure, I could be wrong. But, I believe that was shot as a miniature?  ???

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Previous scripts told of Alien Soldiers/Drones/Whatever-You-May-Call-Them, that hid among the Sulaco along with the Queen. Would it be that difficult to extrapolate that idea, maybe without explanation, grabbed two eggs, and planted them and sealed them near the freezers. In the resulting explosion they (or one, died) died, releasing more acid they ate through the Sulaco, exacerbating the fire. This actually might have made the descent worse, if the escape pods weren't already rigged to be unsafe by Weyland-Yutani.

It could be a number of things. But the fact they had at least one or two of the bastards on the ship hiding throughout the scripts, gives credence in my mind that it wasn't only the Queen that snuck up in the Sulaco. As for a total scan, you know how Aliens are. They're a little Mary-Sue. "They don't show up on infrared at all." They could have waited for them to go into hypersleep, noticing they're not moving; and planted the eggs to make the LV-426 hive survive and continued to flourish.

That's always been my take on reading the scripts. They did the best they could to root them out, but xenomorphs are sneaky strategic bastards, and I wouldn't put it past the Queen to bring one or two m8s with her to seal the deal. Distract them with a fight, while the the other one or two hide for the right moment.

This is all my head canon, but the fact that even Ward brought this up suggests that, well. The only answer left is off screen, a xenomorph planted the egg, and died in the resulting electrical fire.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 02, 2018, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 02, 2018, 02:56:17 PM
But we see Parker and Lambert and there's no time for them to turn into eggs.
But I like the idea that the Sulaco egg was actually Brett, best outlandish theory yet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPa5oVG-nII

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed