Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 734,958 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Aug 10, 2017, 12:42:37 AM
Ripley: Was there an alien on board?

Bishop: *beat* Yes...*coughs* I brought them.

Ripley: What was that?

Bishop: Nothing.

You'd think if it was meant to be Bishop he'd have confessed to Ripley on his death bed.

I guess their friendly banter about hurt legs and new hair cuts was all a ruse, so he could hide his secret of stolen eggs in a window of impossible time.

Bishop would have just told Ripley if he did anything. Well, at least if she questioned him. In the AD version of River of Pain, there is a scene where Gorman tells Burke that if questioned , Bishop would reveal information as he is not a spy. Burke asks Gorman to have him reprogrammed but Gorman refuses.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 10, 2017, 10:09:15 AM
Yeah, I rewatched the film yesterday and even in the bit where Ripley goes to find it to see if it'll kill her - it's just hanging around in a basement doing nothing, which seems kinda silly. It would've been nice to see it starting to build a hive down there, even if it was just a bit of goop on the walls.

Yeah, it would have been nice, but is it really any different than Big Chap literally hanging around when Brett wandered his way right under him?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It had only just been born. It hadn't been running around the ship for hours killing people.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 10, 2017, 12:26:22 AM

They actually had to build the egg prop first, it wasn't just a case of just "we stuck it somewhere".  Someone must have had the idea to include the egg, had the prop department build one, plus the set where they placed it.
There were supposed to be two, going by the call sheet for that day's filming. Nobody knows why they only filmed one.

QuoteHe didn't have to take Ripley to the Atmosphere Processor, either, he could have just flown back to the Sulaco.
That has nothing to do with what you were replying to. You asked why he didn't go into the hive with Ripley.

He could've got one of the marines.  Lt Gorman was unconscious, perfect opportunity.  But having civilians infected would be easier to get through quarantine, presumably.
Gorman was awake by then. Ripley and Newt were isolated and asleep.

QuoteAs we saw in Alien 3, there were at least 2 facehuggers.  Plus he gives the facehugger more choice of hosts.
TC of Alien 3 only shows one facehugger.

And please stop ignoring the question: Why does there need to be a choice of hosts? The huggers aren't picky.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have we reached consensus yet?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I need a ruling. Preferably by someone in the British Commonwealth.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Woah, lets not be hasty! There's still another 96 pages of discussion to go.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Yeah, but the newbies have been remiss in posting their revolutionary new theories lately.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

They're probably afraid of that guy from down under.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They should be.  They should be...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 17, 2017, 04:26:52 PMThey're probably afraid of that guy from down under.

What's not to be scared of?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Haha!

My favourite thread.
Resurrected. 
It's all a dream!!!!!   
Bishop did it!!
He was a Droid!!!!
SM eats Canadian Bacon!!

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 18, 2017, 05:00:37 AM
Haha!

My favourite thread.
Resurrected. 
It's all a dream!!!!!   
Bishop did it!!
He was a Droid!!!!
SM eats Canadian Bacon!!
Why is this still a discussion. Let's focus on the fact that the alien skull has eye-holes.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Online movie forums never cease to amaze like witnessing a fanboy idolizing another fanboy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed