I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ?

Started by hunterelf, Jan 02, 2012, 08:58:29 AM

Author
I'm I the only one that likes AVPR ? (Read 39,267 times)

The Runner

I can agree with that.

I saw AVP on Spike TV last night and it was quite fun.

AVP is eye candy.

AVPR is eye strainer.

predxeno

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 25, 2012, 06:23:04 PM
I can agree with that.

I saw AVP on Spike TV last night and it was quite fun.

^So did I. :)

mn2movies

Quote from: Ripley Clone 8 on Feb 25, 2012, 04:21:57 PM
I agree. AVPR was just a flop. AVP had a 50million dollar budget and grossed 175 million. While AVPR had only a 40 million dollar budget and only grossed 127 million. FOX basically just made a sequel for the sake of making a sequel due to the fact that they made 175 mil off the first one. AVP didn't even get good ratings. I remember the AvP website where they would have you vote who would win. LOL, that was cool. I remember seeing the Predator getting more votes. But they made the movie to be this BIG epic battle between Aliens and Predators. It just wasn't. I enjoyed AvP sure but where was the big battle? Where are the hordes of Aliens vs big tribal bands of Predators vs. The Marines? You know, thats what people wanted to see, instead we got this minimalistic, 90 minute, B movie with mediocre setups and creature effects. But to be honest I blame the budget the film was given. With only a 50 million dollar budget thats basically the most they could do. AND for what they were able to do I actually enjoyed it. As a stand alone film AvP actually has rewatch value and I would definitely watch it again after my baby which is the Alien series.

AVPR just stings me everytime I watch it. Just nothing but pain and misery. The movie wasn't fun, it wasn't cutting edge and its certainly not something I think should be respected or admired. It just flopped. The only thing that movie succeeded at doing was the creature effects which were done by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr. who had done all the creature effects since Aliens. Those guys rock. I love em. The only other redeemable quality about AVPR was the fact that it had Aliens in it for me. Those were basically the ONLY two redeeming qualities in that whole movie and why I have it on my shelf.

But overall to even say AVP or AVPR is better than the Aliens films or even the Predator films is RIDICULOUS. I understand everyone had their own opinion but come on. The true quality in the Aliens series is colossal. The story is so rich and robust and full of awesomeness and epicness. The Predator series was good too. Not a huge fan of it but it certainly is a good franchise. The AVP franchise didn't make the Aliens or the Predators look badass, it basically just shit on the classiness of the entire series. AVP succeeded at trying to be original and I could say that this film avoided all the shitiness AVPR gave us. But yes to be more specific, it was AVPR that shat on the entire franchise. Not only the original Alien and Predator movies but just the fun and entertaining set up the first AVP gave us. And boy did the AVP series go down fast. You know the first AVP had something somewhat interesting going for it and than here comes along the shitfest of AVPR.
TOTALLY AGREE, however i would pray they reboot and give a 3rd in future space, something along the lines of avp redemption, if youve seen that, that blew doors on avpr and sorry, but imho the brothers strause failed at following what should have been, they should have stuck to cannon of prior films, avpr yes i own, yes i watch it sometimes when getting my fix, but it failed me, only thibng i liked was the wolf and the ending, it definately didnt need the lil romance seen at the pool, weather she was cute or not, that was atrotious

Novak 1334

Yeah redemption was awesome

mastermoon

AVPR had a much lower budget then AVP. The first AVP had a $60 million budget.

Snowdog

Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 28, 2012, 03:27:56 PM
AVPR had a much lower budget then AVP. The first AVP had a $60 million budget.

with the 60 million dollar budget they made it look like a much more higher budget movie though. even with the lower budget avp-r could've been way better. predators also had a 40 million dollar budget and at least it was in space. avp-r could've been much better if they had a better script. you don't need 100 million dollar budgets for an avp movie. just write a good story with interesting characters. it's about the characters ! leave the aliens and predators in the dark till halfway through the movie or something. like neil marshall said in the making of dog soldiers, i wanted to make a movie about soldiers with werewolves in it. if the soldiers aren't believable it wouldn't be much of a movie. make it about characters please, not about the creatures.

Novak 1334

There is literally no justification for how shitty AVP-R is

mastermoon

Thats true, Predators did have the budget of $40 million and it was set on a different planet.

Predators was so much better then AVPR.

Unlike AVPR, Predators was about the human characters not the Predators.

Snowdog

Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 28, 2012, 04:07:36 PM
Thats true, Predators did have the budget of $40 million and it was set on a different planet.

Predators was so much better then AVPR.

Unlike AVPR, Predators was about the human characters not the Predators.

yep and thats the way it always should be with an alien or predator film. the only wrong decision they made with predators was the overwelming amount of references to the older films and even copying some scenes. it should've been more standalone. and what i mean by more standalone is don't reference the other movies constantly. make up your own scenes

mastermoon

You got a very good point, Predators for no reason had to make lots of references to the original.

No need to copy scenes from the first Predator.

Look on the bright side Predators was way better then AVPR :).

Snowdog

that's why i like predators and dislike avp-r :laugh: the characters where interesting 8) only 2 things i liked about avp-r where chet and wolf. (yeah i will get flamed for liking chet ::)) but if she was just repainted to match the colors of the aliens aliens. she would've looked much better. at least you dont see the ugly yellow color on her when watching avp-r cuz the movie is so darn dark.

Novak 1334

Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 28, 2012, 04:15:18 PM
You got a very good point, Predators for no reason had to make lots of references to the original.

Agreed, but no matter how many times Predators referenced Predator, nothing is worse than the "Get to the Chopper!"  line in Requiem

Snowdog

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 28, 2012, 04:19:22 PM
Quote from: mastermoon on Feb 28, 2012, 04:15:18 PM

Agreed, but no matter how many times Predators referenced Predator, nothing is worse than the "Get to the Chopper!"  line in Requiem

the we have to copy billy's dead scene came really close  :-X they even used the same soundtrack if i remember correctly. Anderson at least tried to be original of some sorts. i can't really remember a lot of scenes in the first avp that where copied from earlier movies.

mastermoon

Ever sinse AVPR came out, the first AVP has been getting better respect.

Snowdog

wich it deserves. they actually tried. and tbh i though scar was a pretty badass predator even though he grew soft after the team up. anderson also balanced the species the best he could. we all know he's an alien fanboy but he kinda play around with the battles about who's getting the upper hand. actually liked some of the characters also.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed