Your Alien Encounter Stories

Started by That Yellow Alien, Oct 08, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

Author
Your Alien Encounter Stories (Read 2,766 times)

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

I like to play ring-around-the-rosie- with the creature, going clockwise around a table or a pillar while it does the same in order to keep ahead of it and not be seen... except one time I was in a room with no light. I was hiding behind a booth that was wrapped around a breakfast table, inside a small chamber. The beast came in, and started to circle the room, except I couldn't see it. So I had to pull out my motion tracker in order to pin-point its location.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Nazrel on Oct 10, 2014, 06:05:32 AM
i tried some of the dlc on easy jsut to feel how it was and it was boring. hard is the only way to play

What is the actual difference? Does the Alien just hang around more on hard or something?

I'm actualy kind of wondering what advice people have for dealing with the Alien. I haven't encountered it in story yet but I've played a little DLC and it's definitely a handful. I don't really know where to begin. It hears every little sound.

saintssinphony

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 12, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
i tried some of the dlc on easy jsut to feel how it was and it was boring. hard is the only way to play

What is the actual difference? Does the Alien just hang around more on hard or something?

I'm actualy kind of wondering what advice people have for dealing with the Alien. I haven't encountered it in story yet but I've played a little DLC and it's definitely a handful. I don't really know where to begin. It hears every little sound.

I place bombs behind me.  Especially when i go in a vent.  I had to do this on later levels because it was on me so much.  I also put bombs under overhead vents i see it use in small areas.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Hudson on Oct 12, 2014, 02:21:11 PM

He doesn't hang around more, he's just much more alert.
Hiding beneath a table while the alien is in front of you will likely make you caught on hard.
While on easy... he just stares but decides to leave you.

In easy and normal also, you can get almost as close as you want to the creature as long as you don't touch it.

And if you make noise in easy or normal (let's pretend you decide to run and then hide) the creature will come in the room, will look around but will never decide to check the lockers or anything while he does that much more often in harder difficulty.

Hudson

Hudson

I've noticed that even the sound of doors agitate him a little.

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

I remember one big scary moment in the early stages,even before the Xeno started showing i was trying to evade some Working Joes then i had the brilliant idea of walking uder an air vent and that bastard grab me instantly! made me jump big time lol.

On another ocassion,near the end of the game i managed to annoy the Xenomorph quite a lot with the flamethrower so it left the area for a moment,i heard some noises and my tracker was going crazy so i decided to hide under a desk,after a while hiding the Alien got inside the room and after standing there for a moment he grabs me from under the desk and kills me :(

Hudson

Hudson

Most of my interactions with the Alien so far have been in the DLC. I'm pretty impressed by these overall. Playing on hard, Last Survivor is actually not all that difficult. Most of the time the Alien wasn't around, pretty much like in the movie. It was still really tense though and definitely worth pre-ordering the game for. I mean once the alarms started going off and all the smoke began blowing out, it felt so cool. I can't even imagine how much of an improvement PS4 or XB1 would be during this sequence. It'd be like playing the film. Hopefully everyone else can get their hands on it at some point.

I still haven't finished Crew Expendable, but this is definitely more of a challenge. Thinking the Alien is gone and then getting pulled into an air shaft is too sick. Nothing on the tracker, it wasn't really making any noise or at least I didn't notice. Took me like 3 or 4 times to get through the air shafts. It was pretty nerve wracking because everything is so quiet if you're moving slowly, and then suddenly you hear it speed up. I'm not playing with surround sound so I had a hard time pinpointing it, which made things even more tense. There's a lot of stuff that's not screen accurate, but I don't really care anymore. It's nice to have a mode where you can just jump into a little duel-ish scenario with the Alien. It's probably what I'll show my friends to give them a demo of the game. Having some trouble trying to get him to stay in the airlock, but playing a game of cat and mouse during this time totally prevents it from feeling boring or repetitive. 

saintssinphony

Im playing on ps4 with a 50 in plasma tv and i was so totally taken in by graphics, stress and sound i felt like i was watching a new alien film but yet i was playing it.  Only the lip syn took me out of the game.  I honestly like this game better than avp 1 n 2, alien res., and prometheus.  I got so into the game that i was blasting the alien with fire and yelling at it to come on come on you mother****er and getting really hostile toward the synthetics .  After one stomped me i said thats it and took all of them out that i could.   Ive never gotten so emotionally involved with a game.  The closest was dead space 2 and feeling like bad paranoia a week after playing through it.
Also seeing the alien at the end levels where theres lots of fire made it look so menacing like some hell beast made by some forgotten evil.  Ive not been this impacted by the alien since i was very young and was first introduced to this film series 24 years ago.  Im so glad this wasnt like A:CM. 

newbeing

newbeing

Just played Survivor mode and after besting the Alien and opening the final door to freedom I blasted the alien with the flame thrower then bolted to the door. I was home free until I heard the dripping and suddenly looked up to see the Alien rip my face off. doh

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed