Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time.

Started by The Cruentus, Aug 06, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

Author
Things you have only just noticed/didn't notice the first time. (Read 48,122 times)

Xenomrph

It's a hell of a funny coincidence for something resembling a Predator targeting laser to accidentally show up in an Alien prequel of all places, but even I was able to recognize it as a coincidence.

SiL

I remember trying to explain to someone how lens flares work and why they were on the opposite side of the screen to the lightsource and it just ... did not get through to them.

Local Trouble

They desperately want the series to veer back into AvP territory.  Some of the young'ns never experienced a time when Alien wasn't inextricably associated with Predator and can't understand why they're not that way now.

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 09, 2020, 03:09:21 AM
But why couldn't Ridley just edit it out?  ???

Yeah, why ?

SiL

Kradan

Ridley. Ridley and Predators. No friend, no love. HATE, HATE, HATE !

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 08, 2020, 10:08:00 PM
Before Alien 3 premiered, I recall at least one online fan theory being that a predator would show up to kill the alien at the end...

Lies. The internet didn't exist then! It was all mailing fan clubs!  :P

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2020, 12:41:04 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 08, 2020, 10:36:16 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2020, 09:42:13 PM
I've seen a couple of the more passionate members of the 'everything is canon' crowd swear that's an intentional Predator targeting laser because they don't know what a lens flare is.

I don't claim it is - but it sure as hell looks like it !

Found it:

https://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/43346

Yikes...  I do not judge many of the denizens of SciFied harshly - but it is often difficult.

You're much kinder than me when it comes to that website then...

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 09, 2020, 04:45:27 AM
They desperately want the series to veer back into AvP territory.  Some of the young'ns never experienced a time when Alien wasn't inextricably associated with Predator and can't understand why they're not that way now.

Until they make a good one, it will always be craved by those of taste!  :P

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 09, 2020, 06:40:02 AM
Before Alien 3 premiered, I recall at least one online fan theory being that a predator would show up to kill the alien at the end...

I've told the same !  :D

Not exactly something I've never noticed before but interesting nonetheless:

When Ripley is recording her final message in Alien she makes noticable pause before mentioning Ash in the list of dead crew members. it's so small but reflects her feelings towards the android perfectly. It always comes to my mind while rewatching the movie and makes me appreciate Sigourney's acting even more

Local Trouble

Those were the days.

Bleh!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I hadn't noticed a particular difference between the Alien chestburster, and the one we saw in Aliens. The latter has long and already developed arms.

Quote from: SM on Jun 09, 2020, 12:41:04 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 08, 2020, 10:36:16 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 08, 2020, 09:42:13 PM
I've seen a couple of the more passionate members of the 'everything is canon' crowd swear that's an intentional Predator targeting laser because they don't know what a lens flare is.

I don't claim it is - but it sure as hell looks like it !

Found it:

https://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/43346

Yikes...  I do not judge many of the denizens of SciFied harshly - but it is often difficult.

You're much kinder than me when it comes to that website then...

About 8 years ago, I used to be a member and later a moderator at SciFied under the username Shambs (short for Shambhala). I quit for three main reasons:

1. I started to dislike the staff of the site. Not to mention the click bait habit, which I always hated.

2. Browsing the site was already a pain in the ass back then.

3. I was friendzoned by a girl I liked at the time lol

Edit: Please don't hate me.  :-X

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Whoa! I said I was a member of Scified, not Randy Pitchford.  ::)

Anyway, have a cookie. 🍪🍪🍪

Immortan Jonesy

When David is bombing the Covenant Engineers, the falling urns resemble a DNA sequence.

The Cruentus

Recently Sil mentioned about brightening up AVP-R though he said someone would have to pay him first  :laugh:
Well it inspired to look at a few scenes with the contrast and brightness altered to see if I could see a blooper or an interesting background event.

Sure enough I did. During the scene where the homeless men are attacked, the first man attacked convulses on the floor after falling unconscious and the air sacs of the hugger expand out at the same time. Its barely visible at its default brightness. It shows some detail went into that shot even though its only for a second.

During the same scene, if you look in the background when the Alien is arriving, you can see a crane or some arm along with alien moving into shot. It is noticible when watching it normally but it really stands out when the brightness is enhanced.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jun 21, 2020, 05:27:31 PM
Recently Sil mentioned about brightening up AVP-R though he said someone would have to pay him first  :laugh:
Well it inspired to look at a few scenes with the contrast and brightness altered to see if I could see a blooper or an interesting background event.

Sure enough I did. During the scene where the homeless men are attacked, the first man attacked convulses on the floor after falling unconscious and the air sacs of the hugger expand out at the same time. Its barely visible at its default brightness. It shows some detail went into that shot even though its only for a second.

During the same scene, if you look in the background when the Alien is arriving, you can see a crane or some arm along with alien moving into shot. It is noticible when watching it normally but it really stands out when the brightness is enhanced.

Curious find!  :o Who knows what else could be there hidden in the darkness. This film needs more study.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed