The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 237,593 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'd quite like that myself. It'd add a really nice layer to the Predators. Briggs' script has Broken Tusk trying to fix his own wrist computer.

The Alien Predator

Also, in South China Sea, the Predator does tamper with his tech when it gets broken. I remember a bit where he tried but failed to fix his cloaking device.

But Rage War Yautja are smart enough to completely design their very own ship's cloaking device unknown to their enemies. In a way, I like this as it adds such a huge aura of mystery to the Yautja.

It kind of makes them the toughest and smartest solitary nerds fiction has ever created.

Humans constantly keep questioning how the hell this species is even technological yet alone space faring, one character speculated they use slaves.

By the way, when do you guys think the next book will be set? Will it be weeks later? Months? Or a year or two? Since the first book took place around a span of several months from March to September.

The Alien Predator

Tim's been doing some edits on Alien: Invasion which he handed in for Christmas.

https://twitter.com/timlebbon/status/679340624357818368

Just thought I'd share.

I wonder what he edited, likely some corrections but I'm curious if there's been some story changes.

Corporal Hicks

I doubt it's anything to be concerned by. Just the usual process.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2015, 03:41:12 PM
I doubt it's anything to be concerned by. Just the usual process.

That's most likely the case.  :) Figured I'd share anyway. Four months to go!

Perfect-Organism

I am having such a hard time getting through the first book.  It really jumps around from character without fully fleshing them out.  It doesn't feel like somebody's story is being told but rather that many disparate stories are told with no clear focus.  I want to believe.  I want to be excited, but I am just not catching onto the spirit of the book.  Am I alone in this?  Haven't been completely reading this thread so no idea what the general response is..

predxeno

I didn't like Predator: Incursion either though that may be because the story took way too many liberties within its storyline; I don't recall much about the characters but none of them really stood out to me.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 30, 2015, 04:58:07 PM
I am having such a hard time getting through the first book.  It really jumps around from character without fully fleshing them out.  It doesn't feel like somebody's story is being told but rather that many disparate stories are told with no clear focus.  I want to believe.  I want to be excited, but I am just not catching onto the spirit of the book.  Am I alone in this?  Haven't been completely reading this thread so no idea what the general response is..

You're not alone, but the book was always going to be jarring as it's merely a set up for the next two parts.

RakaiThwei

Am I alone in this?  Haven't been completely reading this thread so no idea what the general response is..

Shit, I haven't read the book and I already am not too keen (I can't say "I don't like" because.. I haven't read the book) on the changes they've done with the Predator mythology. I can say however, Lebbon should've left written the  Predators as Predators, and left the Yautja concept alone.

happypred

I almost gave up at the chapter with the little girl who loves chocolate

predxeno

Oh, that was a powerful scene.

Corporal Hicks

There are 2/3 characters who become the focus by the end. I completely agree on it being mostly world building and setup though.

happypred

Quote from: predxeno on Dec 31, 2015, 06:11:47 AM

Chocolate girl?

I almost laughed out loud

The Alien Predator

Quote from: happypred on Dec 31, 2015, 05:50:35 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Dec 31, 2015, 06:11:47 AM

Chocolate girl?

I almost laughed out loud

I think he means in the sense that it showed a girl living in a space station filled with innocent people, and that
Spoiler
a saboteur completely blew it up thus killing thousands of men women and children.
[close]

If you ask me, that's pretty powerful.

And hey, what's wrong with chocolate!?  >:( (Just kidding man.  :P)

happypred

I just thought the whole chapter was clumsily executed. I didn't give two shits when chocolate girl was sucked into space. Zero emotional investment, just glad the chapter ended

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed