NECA Colonial Marines

Started by thespiderman209, Feb 12, 2012, 07:22:11 PM

Author
NECA Colonial Marines (Read 389,591 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 11, 2019, 02:42:31 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2019, 02:35:30 PM
It really depends on how bad you want them. To me the Hicks/Hudson two pack is worth the $60, if I ever decide to do a few more marines I'd most likely buy it at that price.

I feel like the price won't be too much of a concern once I'm a little more independent. Not to mention, I'm not going to display them. If I can get years of use and enjoyment out of them, $60 isn't an issue in the long run.

Keep in mind these figures typically run about $27.99 for a single, brand new figure before shipping straight from the retailer/neca.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 11, 2019, 02:50:33 PM
It really depends on how bad you want them. To me the Hicks/Hudson two pack is worth the $60, if I ever decide to do a few more marines I'd most likely buy it at that price.

I feel like the price won't be too much of a concern once I'm a little more independent. Not to mention, I'm not going to display them. If I can get years of use and enjoyment out of them, $60 isn't an issue in the long run.

Keep in mind these figures typically run about $27.99 for a single, brand new figure before shipping straight from the retailer/neca.

Yeah, that's something to consider. Honestly I'm surprised the prices aren't jacked up more than that on eBay.
Have you seen the prices of the older Predators? Specifically Big Red or the first two Kenner waves? Those are absurd.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 11, 2019, 03:57:17 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 11, 2019, 02:50:33 PM

Yeah, that's something to consider. Honestly I'm surprised the prices aren't jacked up more than that on eBay.
Have you seen the prices of the older Predators? Specifically Big Red or the first two Kenner waves? Those are absurd.

Dude. Check the SDCC exclusives. You'll need new underwear. Or Lost Tribe figures. The prices should be illegal.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Here's a good "shoot the breeze" question for you: I posted a poll on Twitter yesterday asking what cap people want to see on a Spunkmeyer figure if one ever gets released. Would you rather see the standard USCM cap, the "Cat: Diesel Power" cap, the green "Grunt Runt" cap that was only seen in BTS photos, or just put all the caps in the package?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

tbh I'd want to see the pilots come with their flight helmets more than anything else

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 09, 2019, 03:51:42 PM
tbh I'd want to see the pilots come with their flight helmets more than anything else

Alternate heads? If they sculpt the headgear on rather than removable helmets/caps.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Removeable helmets/caps is always dicey and are really hard to pull off at smaller scales because you either need to make the helmets oversized (so the un-helmeted head looks fine) or the heads smaller (so the helmeted appearance looks fine).

gabgrave

gabgrave

Not really? You just need to make a front and back part that snaps together. Make the hair a front and back part too, that can be removed and replaced with the helmet part.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: gabgrave on May 15, 2019, 03:20:24 PM
Not really? You just need to make a front and back part that snaps together. Make the hair a front and back part too, that can be removed and replaced with the helmet part.
That method works with higher-end figures that are more expensive like Play Arts Kai, Figma, Mafex, etc, but I've never seen that done with 6" scale $20 figures.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Someone posted pics of their custom Gorman over on Aliens Legacy and it got me thinking.

If we do get an official Gorman, NECA may as well take advantage of having Mr. Hope's likeness and do Waits. Pair him with a Working Joe.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'd for sure buy them. I feel like not enough was made from Isolation.

Side note but on topic -- Considering Neca is releasing Ripley from Alien again with some new head sculpt technology (or something like that) I wonder if they'll revisit the marines. I'm happy with what we have, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a more "calm and collected" Hicks head sculpt.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 16, 2020, 05:32:01 PM
I'd for sure buy them. I feel like not enough was made from Isolation.

Side note but on topic -- Considering Neca is releasing Ripley from Alien again with some new head sculpt technology (or something like that) I wonder if they'll revisit the marines. I'm happy with what we have, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a more "calm and collected" Hicks head sculpt.

The Hudson likeness was good. Sure, he looks like he's got a painful fart coming, but he still looks like Hudson.

Hicks wasn't as off as McFarlane, but it could be better.

Frost and Vasquez were spot-on.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 16, 2020, 05:37:13 PM
The Hudson likeness was good. Sure, he looks like he's got a painful fart coming,

:laugh:

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 16, 2020, 05:40:26 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jan 16, 2020, 05:37:13 PM
The Hudson likeness was good. Sure, he looks like he's got a painful fart coming,

:laugh:

http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/d/706290-3/pic_14.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=d37432d96fbca0c2b801690ced1d24e7

This makes up for the horrifying fisherman Gorman edit you made a couple days ago.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I hope you're listening NECA... we need this figure!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed