How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 65,938 times)

Highland

I find it funny the alien hardcores can believe an alien can take a mans body and turn it into an egg with a live facehugger inside (WTF!?) but an alien planting an embryo inside a man is lame....  :D

go figure.. ???

kcirtap33

i cant believe the shit you are giving this guy!?!?

ShadowPred

Quote from: highlandpred on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:29 AM
I find it funny the alien hardcores can believe an alien can take a mans body and turn it into an egg with a live facehugger inside (WTF!?) but an alien planting an embryo inside a man is lame....  :D

go figure.. ???

Ignorance

Colin_Strause

I find it funny the alien hardcores can believe an alien can take a mans body and turn it into an egg with a live facehugger inside (WTF!?) but an alien planting an embryo inside a man is lame....  :D

go figure.. ???

The funny thing is that they've only "read" about it, not actually seen it.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:37:48 AM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:35:56 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 01:32:11 AM
If it's the director's vision for the film, then it's cannon.

I'm not questioning that...I find it hysterical that you would say that, considering you decided to ignore egg-morphing in favor of this regurgitation nonsense...

Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 

I think it is safe to say that by the end of that scene the alien had not started molting into a queen. I mean you see it in the narcissus before Ripley blasts it out the airlock. There is also no evidence to suggest that egg-morphing is iniated by vomiting any kind of goo into the victim's mouth.

Gates

Well, since we didn't see the beginning or the end of that scene in Alien, it's totally open to what actually happened off screen. 

Fair enough...then I expect to see the predalien regurgitating into someones mouth, then slowly turn into what Brett was shown to turn into...NOT, have the predalien regurgitate into someones mouth then skip over to chestbursting...

gases

really... its going to be disgusting and horrifying and follows on from the original (as he says DC is open to interpretation). We need some new inventiveness and insight into what else the aliens can do. Sure lets see the same old shit again, fun huh?   

ShadowPred

Quote from: kcirtap33 on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:46 AM

I can't be;lieve it either, although we should all be used to seeing this happen on the boards many times.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: kcirtap33 on Nov 21, 2007, 01:42:46 AM

I got thick skin... and it's all in the name of good fun.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

With respect, I have to disagree. They're cocooned for something and if it was merely to hold them (why?), Dallas wouldn't have been nearly so sickly or asking for death, etcetera. He would have simply been pulled out, like Newt was.

And it's damn obvious that a lot more than mere cocooning happened with Brett, wouldn't you say?

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:43:58 AM

Fair enough...then I expect to see the predalien regurgitating into someones mouth, then slowly turn into what Brett was shown to turn into...NOT, have the predalien regurgitate into someones mouth then skip over to chestbursting...

however that would mean more facehuggers. If the budget allowed for lots of facehugger props, why not have them come from eggs? I thought it was confirmed that there was only the two facehuggers in the film.

kcirtap33

you should see the imbd board...some f**kin idiot on there says he saw the film last week!!!!!

Spaghetti

go figure.. ???

It is much more creepy in my opinion. transforming the whole body slowly into an egg..did you even see the sculpture Giger did of this?

And at least it didnt make Facehuggers obsolete. Why not just have queens run around barfing into people all the time!..sogoddamnlame

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 01:47:00 AM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 01:43:58 AM

however that would mean more facehuggers. If the budget allowed for lots of facehugger props, why not have them come from eggs? I thought it was confirmed that there was only the two facehuggers in the film.

There are many facehuggers.

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 01:46:09 AM

With respect, I have to disagree. They're cocooned for something and if it was merely to hold them (why?), Dallas wouldn't have been nearly so sickly or asking for death, etcetera. He would have simply been pulled out, like Newt was.

And it's damn obvious that a lot more than mere cocooning happened with Brett, wouldn't you say?

Who said we didn't have cocooning?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed