AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
102 (17.6%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 560

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 234,875 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on May 19, 2008, 02:00:14 PM
I don't understand the A:R hate - sure, it's a bad alien movie, but the visual effects and cinematography are spectacular and Sigourney Weaver's, Ron Perlman's, Brad Dourif's and the other actor's performances are always fun.

The Newborn was the biggest strike against it and the movie's plot on the whole just sucked.

PredatorX

i voted alien resurection, it was boring, horrible storyline and the newborn was creepy, but afterthat, my advice to anyone thinking of watching those moves is to skip 1, 3, and rez and just see 2.

War Wager

I'd say the exact opposite, if you want to see Aliens do what they do best, skip 2 and watch 1, 3 and 4.  :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If you're serious about seeing an Alien at it's best, you can't beat 1 IMO.

Weasel

Weasel

A:R is horrible forever.

Badly designed aliens
THE NEWBORN
Bad acting (Aside from Weaver)
Plot that goes nowhere

I could go on and on.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Alien is a masterpice on every level. I never seen such amazing artwork in any movie since 2001.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Weasel on May 19, 2008, 09:52:10 PM

Badly designed aliens
THE NEWBORN
Plot that goes nowhere

I could go on and on.

Scratch the Newborn, and you can say the same things about AvP:R.

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 19, 2008, 11:42:48 PM
Quote from: Weasel on May 19, 2008, 09:52:10 PM

Badly designed aliens
THE NEWBORN
Plot that goes nowhere

I could go on and on.

I liked the aliens design. And aside from the underwater scene, the action in A:R is extremely lacking, unlike AVPR.
Scratch the Newborn, and you can say the same things about AvP:R.

gameoverman

Alien Resurrection is EPIC compared to AVP:R.  It's not just a matter of action.

A:R actually has some thought and imagination behind it.  AVP:R is generic, slasher movie crap.

A:R tried to do something different - AVPR was just scene after scene of homages to better movies.

If A:R didn't have aliens in it or Ripley, and was a standalone movie - it would probably be a cult classic like City of Lost Children.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A:R was stupid man. Like honestly, what was the use in even making it?? As if A3 wasn't a useless sequel enough, Fox hands us A:R and I go WTF. At least the AvP movies wanted to try something totally different.

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: gameoverman on May 20, 2008, 04:00:30 AM
Alien Resurrection is EPIC compared to AVP:R.  It's not just a matter of action.

A:R actually has some thought and imagination behind it.  AVP:R is generic, slasher movie crap.

A:R tried to do something different - AVPR was just scene after scene of homages to better movies.

If A:R didn't have aliens in it or Ripley, and was a standalone movie - it would probably be a cult classic like City of Lost Children.

Are you kidding me?! A cult classic? Thats a crock of shit. A:R sure tried something new, a f**king HUMAN ALIEN HYBRID. Honestly, think about that for a sec.
And the plot?! They find some blood and it contains the alien inside her perfectly?  The 'we have to get off the ship' is just a shit version of alien. The aliens look far worse in this movie than in AVPR. I mean, they made this movie just to make a buck. Ripley is dead, and some genius has an idea that they'll just reincarnate her. This completely f**ks over the deepness of the ending of Alien 3. There might as well not been an Alien 3 the way A:R just makes it POINTLESS. She kills herself so they won't get it, and guess what, they end up getting it!

Without Weaver this movie has no carry value whatsoever. I mean, the end sequence where that guy grabs the baddie and then forces his chestburster through him is so cheesy and stupid I can barely stand it. The newborn is the worst creation ever made. Oh the gift to the queen was that she can now get preggo and make a stupid ass xenohuman? Think about it. No really, think about how really dumb that idea is.

While AVPR doesn't have a great plot, and the acting is shit, it delivers on action, and doesn't f**k with anything else. The predalien idea of new reproduction is imaginative and something new. The idea for a new alien in alien 3 was almost similar in fashion. Giger would be proud. A:R should never have been made and leaves it where it will die. Now that alien 5 will never happen, we can conclude that the arch of alien ends that Ripley ends up on earth. Except she isn't ripley, shes a f**ked up subhuman with alien traits that likes to be creepy and isn't right in the head.
AVPR didn't add, but at least it didn't negate.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I hate the hole idea that how the clone aliens and try to train them as pets. And Ripley with human DNA was a stupid idea. The movie was a cross between Jurassic Park, The 6th day and Species.

Chris P

Chris P

Alien 3.  I didn't like the ending, or any of it for that matter.  The Alien itself was small and lame. 8)

Tyranix

Tyranix

We have a poll already asking your favourite, but I'm curious to hear what your least favourite is! which movie you hated, or which movie you didn't mind but.... doesn't get much chance on your DvD player.

Vulhala

Vulhala

You do realise the only choice you would have needed to put up was AvP:R right?  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed