AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
AlienĀ³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,335 times)

Tyranix

Tyranix

I dunno I liked AvP less... Let's take 1 R rated movie franchise, and mix it with another R rated franchise... and make it rated PG-13!  :-\

Oooodz

Oooodz

Alien Ressurection for me.

The AvP films may have damaged the Predators stance (In my eyes) but not so much for Alien...

Yautja117

Ressurection for me as well. It's a fun movie, but was highly useless in telling Ripley's story. AVP is alright but I like AVPR better. Not that it was great, but better.

EEV2650

EEV2650

Quote from: Oooodz on Jul 29, 2009, 01:19:21 PM
Alien Ressurection for me.

The AvP films may have damaged the Predators stance (In my eyes) but not so much for Alien...

Except that the AVP movies lowered the aliens IQ.

My vote goes for AVP-R. The one film i refuse to purchase even if it only costs $3.99

Spidey3121

Definitely AVP:R - it was absolutely terrible + turned the franchise into a Slasher flick which is not what Alien or Predator is supposed to be.

Private Hudson

AVPR, nuff said.

Mr. Domino

And the fans did cry out to Fox 'Wtf is up with this PG-13 shit?'
And Fox did ponder
And the Strauses did come forward, saying unto Fox 'We have red paint! Lots of it!'
And the fans did cry 'Yes! Bring on the gore, man!'
And thus was AVPR birthed.

Serves you all right.

TheMonolith

Resurrection was bad, but at least it had a decent pace. Unlike the ever booring AvP.
Weaver is also a plus.
AvP R will always be the worst.

Spaghetti

AVPR(ectum)

haven't bothered to waste money buying it and I never will.

Weasel

Weasel

Alien: Resurrection

Newborn is utter shit.

Mr. Domino

Hmm. Well I prefer it to Chet and his(?) army of hillbilly aliens...but that's just me.

Purebreedalien

Chet is apparantly a girl.

I didn't even need to think about my choice, split second and Bam. Voted for AvPR.

saeytan2

saeytan2

I'm pretty sure I am the only person who really really liked AvP-R. Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion... so here's mine.. when I first saw AvP opening night I admit that I loved every minute of it. ONLY for the fact that I was actually watching an actual Alien vs. Predator movie. The first time on screen together. Ever. It was great.. until I saw it a second time the next week. Then I hated it. The PG13 thing just irritated me to no end like everyone else, and the predators looked terrible. They were all neat and clean looking. Like they all just polished their armor. and WTF with the meter long wristblades?? (eff em. Dumb. They were badass to begin with. You didn't see the first two predators super-size for just a quarter more, they were doing just fine with the large.) Two of the three predators get killed within ten or so minutes of their first appearance on screen. Please, the Predator is one bad mo-fo and I refuse to believe that just a few aliens can beat down TWO in ten minutes. Now, if they're meant to be young and doing their first training or so to prove themselves worthy of the hunt..? Well then maybe I can believe they got pwned early on, and deservedly so. And am I the only one who had a HUGE problem with the make up effects of the Predator's face at the end?? That looked NOWHERE near the asscrack of as cool as the makeup of the first two Predator films. That was a disgrace... and I know the whole Predator joining forces with the human is based off the comics (yes I've read them), but I just personally don't like the idea of the Predator hangin out with humans. The predator is a badass.. not your friend..  which brings me to AvP-R...the news of its R rating was a relief, but I give no points for that because any and all Aliens/Predator movies SHOULD be R. The redband trailer when I first saw it got me hooked. I was in the theatre on christmas day. Eff my family, there's a new AvP. It may be morbid, but I like the fact that the little boy hunting with his father gets killed because it's not normal for children to die in many horror films. I was worried about the PredAlien before I seen the movie, but afterwards (and watching the special features on the dvd) I really have no complaints. Well done I say. The fact that there was only ONE predator cleaning up shop was awesome. A seasoned one at that. The look and feel of the Predator (stance, movement, lingering) mirrored the earlier films and the new weaponry was excellent. Although the Predator's seemingly never-ending vial of magic blue juice was kinda dumb. Oh, and I don't recall any skinned humans in the first AvP.. at the very least someone got skinned this time. Would've been nice to see the Predator take a trophy or two. And they even incorporated some of the old sounds from the earlier, better films. It just seems that the directors of AvP-R wanted to fix all that I thought was wrong with the first movie. It's like they were in me head, pokin around n stuff. I know this little census is only twenty or so people's opinions, but it just seems that every time I find myself in the middle of an Alien/Predator conversation I learn of one more person who absolutely hates AvP-R and I just don't get it. Everyone has their reasons, but the first AvP was just so much worse than AvP-R. Can't we just really really hate the first one, and not the second? If anything, Fox just needs to start FRESH with the AvP movies, but there's no hope of that until after the next two sequels are out. Which I'll remain hopeful and open minded about.. maybe. Hmm. This is a really long post... and I just registered to this site...but who is a bigger loser, me for sitting here typing all this out? or you for reading it until the end?

saeytan2

saeytan2

Quote from: Weasel on Jul 31, 2009, 01:58:22 AM

Newborn is utter shit.

Good call. Huge disappointment. Fail.
Oh, and whoever voted Alien3 is a girl. Probably an ugly one, too.

Spidey3121

Quote from: saeytan2 on Aug 03, 2009, 04:58:30 AM
Quote from: Weasel on Jul 31, 2009, 01:58:22 AM

Newborn is utter shit.

Good call. Huge disappointment. Fail.
Oh, and whoever voted Alien3 is a girl. Probably an ugly one, too.

Um... + how old are we?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed